• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    They took the word of 2 gun stores (class 01) in states that don't know diddly about Maryland law. He deserves a negative feedback. In addition to a complaint to Gunbroker or where ever the firearm was listed.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Give the dealer the number of the MSP Licensing Division. If he refuses to call them, then dump him.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Can someone attach the PDF of the state AG opinion letter saying FFL03 is okay to receive handguns (C&R of course) shipped in to the state. I think I have it on my phone somewhere, but I am not finding it right now.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I've purchased a few C&R items on GB. If the seller doesn't specify C&R eligible or verbiage regarding their C&R policy, I email them prior to bidding and make them tell me if they have an issue shipping to me. Some refuse, some are willing to be educated and some are just happy to be taking my money. Either way, there is one less surprise after a purchase. If the dealer has a policy against shipping a C&R to MD, maybe he should post that in the ad? As others have said, feedback is there for a reason.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I've had probably two dozen dealers on Gunbroker transfer C&R handguns on my FFL03... not a single problem and perfectly legal. C&R handguns are specifically exempt from HQL requirements, so no additional certs are required. The only caveat, is that the handgun cannot be offered with a magazine that holds over 10 rounds. The dealer in question does not know what he is talking about.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    What kills me about this letter is the very last sentence.

"This letter does not constitute an official opinion of this office or the Office pf the Attorney General of Maryland."

Though it is signed by the Assistance Attorney General.. :sad20:

So legally, it doesn't hold water? Sounds like a clear case of legal double talk.
    The AG's office only issues "official" opinions when requested by a legiscritter, and, even then, most of their answers come with that weasel language.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'd bet that same design was used when he ran a BBS. It looks that dated.

Apparently it works well enough.

Unlike a number of modern business sites I've tried to navigate, which look nice but make it nearly impossible to accomplish the intended action. I've had to call customer service for at least three sites in the last few weeks to find out how to make the site work for me.

Hell's bells, the MSI site insists on squatting atop half my screen, forcing me to read it five lines at a time. My poor mouse is wearing out its scroller.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Apparently it works well enough.

Unlike a number of modern business sites I've tried to navigate, which look nice but make it nearly impossible to accomplish the intended action. I've had to call customer service for at least three sites in the last few weeks to find out how to make the site work for me.

Hell's bells, the MSI site insists on squatting atop half my screen, forcing me to read it five lines at a time. My poor mouse is wearing out its scroller.

I guess ya can't please everyone.... :D

Jul 1, 2012
    If you manage to last long enough to scroll down further and suffer through the different fonts and colors, he does have a paragraph about not shipping any modern handguns to MD, and that C&R pistols have to go to FFL-01 in MD...

"MARYLAND: No modern handguns sold to anyone, dealer or not (they must be C&R eligible). All C&R eligible handguns MUST be shipped to a Maryland Class 01 dealer. C&R rifles can still be shipped directly to a C&R (Class 03) licensee."

We know that isn't the law so this is a choice that Empire has made.

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    I just looked - Empire states that your FFL 03 must be on file before they can ship to you. Nothing new.
    From Empires website
    "MARYLAND: No modern handguns sold to anyone, dealer or not (they must be C&R eligible). All C&R eligible handguns MUST be shipped to a Maryland Class 01 dealer. C&R rifles can still be shipped directly to a C&R (Class 03) licensee."

Good to know, I have my C&R on file with him and never read the fine print regarding shipping C&R pistols to MD... :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom