• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    The only brass they had was .223 and it was $18 a box. Some kind of soft point. I'm thinking about doing that case of 1000 inigoes thanks for the link. I like the idea of every time I buy ammo for the range, buy some for the stockpile.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The only brass they had was .223 and it was $18 a box. Some kind of soft point. I'm thinking about doing that case of 1000 inigoes thanks for the link. I like the idea of every time I buy ammo for the range, buy some for the stockpile.

Remember, it's always cheaper to buy bulk ;)

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    $299 or so for $1,000 rounds of XM193 isn't that pricey, and thats what I use for my SHTF stockpile.

They stay in the original boxes (unless they're in magazines) and I put them in ammo cans with those moisture absorbing packets.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    All my ammo is now in a walk in cedar closet. Going to get a ton of those packets next time I stop in REI. I worked there in high school and they have a MASSIVE box of them.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I bought every box of steel cased 7.62x39 and 5.56 that the Cockeysville Walmart had haaha I pointed as said "that". Kid goes how many? I said "ALL" like Arnold hahaha

YOU'RE the one!!!!!!!!!

:lol2:

I find them to be hit-or-miss on supply...

But when they DO have, it's a glorious thing!!

This past week, 9mm, .40, and .45 UMC was well-stocked (for them), and at pretty decent prices.

I tend to poke my head in a couple times a week... partlky to kill time, and partly to see if they have anything particularly wunnaful

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I need to up my game for 9mm. All you guys talking about thousands of rounds make me jealous. Anyone that makes a hobby of hand loading 9mm, I'd be glad to make some room in your supply closet.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I need to up my game for 9mm. All you guys talking about thousands of rounds make me jealous. Anyone that makes a hobby of hand loading 9mm, I'd be glad to make some room in your supply closet.
    Selling reloads is a legally precarious activity... I wouldn't recommend it.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    :mad54: that is just wrong right there...

we'll make sure we stop by your house when shtf for ammos.. :lol2:

I just cranked out another 240 7.62x51s yesterday. I had to pick up another 2000 Large Rifle primers, and my 8 lb bottle of IMR 4895 is down to about 3 lbs :sad20: I need another couple of 8 pounders to finish up my 1200 3-06 rounds.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I just cranked out another 240 7.62x51s yesterday. I had to pick up another 2000 Large Rifle primers, and my 8 lb bottle of IMR 4895 is down to about 3 lbs :sad20: I need another couple of 8 pounders to finish up my 1200 3-06 rounds.

My primers are dwindling down. I need to stock up on those but it looks like the stock on those are getting hard to find like last years time. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom