Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old June 15th, 2014, 10:10 AM #1
take to the hills

take to the hills

Catonsville Crime Wave

There seems to be a bit of a robbery attitude going on in 21228. Three stores were robbed at gunpoint last week, including the Royal Farms and Papa John's on Edmondson Ave. I was driving the kids somewhere in the early evening and as we went by Opie's, three police cars were there with officers running toward the building. I have not found out what was going on. A couple years ago, we were coming out of Chef Paulino's and there was an ambulance and cop cars all over the building next door. It turned out, some punk had knocked over that store and shot both the owner and a customer. The customer died. The perp never was caught. Just shows, everything is not great in 21228!

Last edited by 54rndball; June 15th, 2014 at 10:25 AM. Reason: typo
54rndball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2014, 10:18 AM #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54rndball View Post
Just shows, everything in not great in 21228!
When you have to print up bumper stickers saying it is, you know it's starting to get pretty bad.
MSI Sustaining Member
Anotherpyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2014, 06:32 PM #3

We lived in the middle of Catonsville, and moved out when I was eight. That was 53 years ago. Wasn't as bad then.
namrelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2014, 06:43 PM #4

Those robbers have better have had their hql!
brownspotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2014, 07:56 PM #5
say what?

say what?

It's been a growing issue, we just moved from there last year, I could see the writing on the wall and wanted to get the hell out. I lived on N. Beaumont right off of Edmonson, quite frequent were helicopters flying over searching for someone. At the end of our street was section 8 housing, not saying it all came from there but the majority did. The city is quickly creeping up Edmonson, Fredrick rd and rt 40
snavematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2014, 10:02 PM #6

I lived in Catonsville 30 years ago. Moved to Howard County when we needed a bigger house. Catonsville has been going down hill for a while and will eventually fall just like Edmondson Village and Woodlawn.
Old June 15th, 2014, 10:15 PM #7
2A TEACHER

2A TEACHER

My workwife lives there and has been having nothing but problems with the local yutes there. Her neighbor has a basketball hoop and it's been drawing feral kids like flies to crap. She's fed up with trying to raise her two girls around random gangs of kids dropping all kinds of obscenities and referring to the thug girl that tags along as "bitch"...as in "bitch get the basketball for us...bitch give me my drank...etc". She's also tired of them leaving trash everywhere and frequently going in to their backyard, leaving the fence open. Another neighbor is a lincoln tech instructor and apparently just got his tires slashed by these numbnuts.

She ultimately tried talking to neighborhood folks, got nowhere, and so has engaged pe teacher mode and made rules they must follow or the rim comes down. She posted the rules and went out to confront them and let them know she took pictures of them all so police know who to come from if any of her stuff gets messed with. Sounds like she's tired of this crap and is just going to be yanking her neighbors hoop down because the neighbor doesn't take any responsibility for it.

Curious thing, a good amount of teacher-folks I know live in the general area and in the past 2 weeks, I've had about 6 people come up to ask me for advice in getting their first gun for home defense...knowing I'm the "gun-guy". 6 people walked away with some advice, and very pissed off to learn about all the sb281 hoops they have to go through to get something for their defense.

Looks like md is trying hard to copy the progressive success story that is detroit.

"It's hard not to be a menace to society, when half the population is happy on their knees"

Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!
smokey0118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2014, 10:57 PM #8
Wolverine

Wolverine

Catonsville Crime Wave

I worked out of Wilkens from 2009-2012 and it always had a robbery problem. I was there when Yours Convenience had that robbery/homicide. According to good friends I have still down there, it is only getting worse. I avoided it like the plague when I left. At least you arent in Lansdowne......

Avoid spots like Edmonson ave (east side of it) 40 and Winters, and the like at the wrong hour.

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.
"The cosmos is all that is or ever was or ever will be. Our feeblest contemplations of the Cosmos stir us—there is a tingling in the spine, a catch in the voice, a faint sensation, as if a distant memory, or falling from a height. We know we are approaching the greatest of mysteries."

— Carl Sagan
Indiana Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2014, 10:08 AM #9
take to the hills

take to the hills

My kid played lacrosse a few times at the rec center off Winters Lane. It is a very sketchy area and then last year a policeman got killed in house search for a shooting suspect. That area north of Edmondson in the Winters Lane section is a major source of the crime problem. At least in our neighborhood, we have alert residents and a homeowners assn that tries to keep on top of things. There were some renters on the street dealing drugs. One guy was illegally selling cars as well, the other had his house raided several times and was arrested. But in general, it is too close to the city.
54rndball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2014, 03:29 PM #10

Well. I grew up in Catonsville & worked there for 30 years. Like everywhere else it's had its crime problems, but of course being just outside the city it's increased. Thankfully I moved out in 1990 & pop moved away from there & in with us in 2010. The "Lane" has always had it's share of drug & alcohol crime. I retired in 2008 & my last call that night was a stabbing/ attempted murder at Morsbergers Bar.
Engine4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Maryland Regional Discussions > Central Maryland