What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Dumped RL-15 on it (again) because like a dumbass, I did not close the drain port on my RCBS Chargemaster (again).

I've never done that(more than three times:o). :lol2:

Meanwhile, I've recently been on a loading tear. 700+ rounds of .223, 500 rounds of 300 AAC, and next up, 500 rounds of 9mm. My Dillon makes this easy.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    Brass prep throughout the day, multiple batches of .45 acp earlier, 100 rounds once-fired .338 LM complete and another tumbling now.

Plan to take my time reloading the Lapua brass. After weighing/sorting, thinking about outside neck turning half (100) of it. Need to do some freebore measurements on one particular chamber with several bullet profiles/weights and experiment with optimal seating depth. Hope to come up with an optimal COAL quick-reference chart for this rifle using several match & ELD profiles, including weights from 250 - 300 grains. Finally, will work on concentricity of the loaded rounds (if needed). Goal is to make perfect ammo for this rifle and see how accurate it can be.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Loaded up ladders in 300 Savage with 150 NP over IMR 4064, H4895, and experimentally, IMR 4166 (no published data, Hodgdon says they won't do any more testing in 300 S).
    I then proceeded to load 200 rounds of 223 with 69 grain Sierra Matchkings. If and when I ever run out of H335, I'll try CFE 223 or TAC.

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    Added a second 1050 to the bench this weekend.

Attachments

• 20180908_170127 (1).jpg
      20180908_170127 (1).jpg
      61.4 KB · Views: 302

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    One is 9mm. There is really no point in processing brass, I can make full up rounds just as fast as I can process it. Most of the guys processing brass have an auto-drive of some sort.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Super nice setup! Makes mine look like an old desk in a back bedroom.
    You have to have the nicest Bench between Dameron and Scottland.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    That's pretty blanking cool!

Guessing that's a bonus room over the garage?

Dueling 1050s, beverage cooler, storage out the ying yang, counter tops sparkling like black gold ...

Mrs. GnR is really cool, but expect I'd have to redo the kitchen before she'd let me finish a room that nice dedicated to reloading. Oh, she'd let me refinish the room. Then she'd acquire and re-purpose it. "It stays in the basement or else it gets the hose again." ;)

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Is one set up for 9mm?

I have a ton of once fired mil 9mm I would like to process.

:D

You too.... got a bunch here mostly mil headstamp
    just prepped and sized maybe 5k plus, just don't
    count anymore.. 1050's or Mark V is looking good
    about now, but still unable to justify it. Don't shoot
    comp. yet. the "brass bank" keeps growing

-Rock

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    bought some new old stuff & took pictures....

I bought some cool new old stuff I don't need off the board here & took pictures....

Attachments

• IMG_1503.jpg
      IMG_1503.jpg
      67.2 KB · Views: 321
    • IMG_1504.jpg
      IMG_1504.jpg
      75.3 KB · Views: 344

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    That's pretty blanking cool!

Guessing that's a bonus room over the garage?

Dueling 1050s, beverage cooler, storage out the ying yang, counter tops sparkling like black gold ...

Mrs. GnR is really cool, but expect I'd have to redo the kitchen before she'd let me finish a room that nice dedicated to reloading. Oh, she'd let me refinish the room. Then she'd acquire and re-purpose it. "It stays in the basement or else it gets the hose again." ;)

Yep that's the bonus room over the garage. After spending years reloading in the garage, it's the best thing I ever did.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Made a small batch for velocity verification with the .260, as I've finally gotten around to replacing my chronograph.

The load has also slightly evolved, so I have a feeling my dope cards/charts are going to have to be revised. Originally had called it good at 43.1/43.3gr, found I could go up to 43.6/43.7gr before the accuracy/consistency tapered off. I'm calling it at 43.6gr, shouldn't be a drastic departure from my 43.3gr data, but we'll see.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    No time at the bench, but I did spend some time setting up the new (to me) laptop for work and play.

Got tired of trying to find paper logs of previous data for loads/dope, so now it's also on thumb-drives and in notepad. And I have to admit it's really interesting (and reassuring) to see how little my dope changes for varying weather conditions at the distances I have shot at so far. At some point there needs to be a trip to really start stretching the rifle's legs, 500 and 600 yards are almost 'point and click' - need a new challenge.

May crank out some more rounds after dinner, figure if the weather isn't too bad next weekend I'll do the verifications and work out new charts/dope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom