• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Despite my having a Maryland permit I really hate this State.

I just applied for my PA LTCF (renewal) online and in less than 15 minutes I have been approved and need to set up an appointment to go get my new permit.

WTF is up with Marylandstan being so far behind the curve?

This is a rhetorical question...just venting

NOBODY

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    My permit will expire at the end of this month but the MSP like to play an F-ing game of "Hold the renewal up" so then i will have to mail back my PA permit because the sheriff will call me and tell me he will swear out a warrant on me if i don't mail the permit back within 5 days of expiration .

They know the game and they are reading this and laughing their azzes off , they could not care anything about customer service because they work for the state and never have to keep anyone happy or they don't get paid .

I remember a friend telling me that they will not send you a reminder when your permit expires so best to start the process long beforehand. How long in advance to the expiration do you recommend to start? What kind of issues have you experienced? This will be my first renewal so I have no experience with it.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have never got a permit renewal on time always after the date it expires by 3 to 5 days , renewals should not take as long as they do IMHO . But them azz-holes treat renewals as brand new permits as they want all the same information . They are useless in IMHO .

Yeah i know they are reading this

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Last time i told the PA Sherriff i would just OC in PA once i would send back his permit

Cant do that now due to the POS Gov Wolfe, ironic name more of a sheep is he. A current State of Emergency means permit needed to OC.

NOBODY

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    My permit will expire at the end of this month but the MSP like to play an F-ing game of "Hold the renewal up" so then i will have to mail back my PA permit because the sheriff will call me and tell me he will swear out a warrant on me if i don't mail the permit back within 5 days of expiration .

They know the game and they are reading this and laughing their azzes off , they could not care anything about customer service because they work for the state and never have to keep anyone happy or they don't get paid .
    I don't get why I don't see more calling out of the MSP on some of these boards. Local sheriff's and city police are usually fine, but I've never had or heard of good interactions with the state police.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Despite my having a Maryland permit I really hate this State.

I just applied for my PA LTCF (renewal) online and in less than 15 minutes I have been approved and need to set up an appointment to go get my new permit.

WTF is up with Marylandstan being so far behind the curve?

This is a rhetorical question...just venting

NOBODY

When i went to get my permit in PA it was done by a very young intern while the police stood around and razzed him. I’ve waited longer for carry out food than my pa permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jan 13, 2020
    Never a problem with MSP on my end. 100% professional.

Me neither. For all things carry-related, my issues aren't with the police, but on the lawmakers. Even the G&S is poorly defined that MSP had to make up their own decision on what qualifies. It's the responsibility of lawmakers to provide clear and concise laws. It shouldn't be up to the MSP to interpret their generic, politiciany excuses for laws that just make them look good in the eyes of their voters, while not actually accomplishing anything worthwhile.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County
    Me neither. For all things carry-related, my issues aren't with the police, but on the lawmakers. Even the G&S is poorly defined that MSP had to make up their own decision on what qualifies. It's the responsibility of lawmakers to provide clear and concise laws. It shouldn't be up to the MSP to interpret their generic, politiciany excuses for laws that just make them look good in the eyes of their voters, while not actually accomplishing anything worthwhile.
    That's the problem. The MSP enforcement of the law ends up being arbitrary and capricious. To the point where their flip flopping on gun control seems either malicious, or lazy.

To parallel the carry permit theme on this thread, the MSP don't consider self defense as a valid "good and substantial reason" to restore your rights. Somehow having a business *is* though.

I'm not making this up either, here's an example where they almost forced me to go through the 77r process for a non-regulated firearm:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=253737

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I just called the York county sheriff's office as i was having trouble logging into the site to get an appointment. The deputy informed me appointments are no longer required. I asked about storage lockers for my weapon and he told me that they had them. He also said do not bring your cell phone. I said gun is ok, phone is not ok? He said YEP, We both laughed.

Nobody

My experience with MSP is that the ground level troopers are largely OK - there’s a range, like any other occupation. But to get ahead in MSP, you have be political, which in Maryland means supportive lefty ideas, say the politically-correct things - what we now call “woke”. The farther you advance in MSP, the more you need to be woke. This means MSP doesn’t just enforce the law. They enforce political will. I generally detest them. Sheriffs are a way different story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom