• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bean Guy

Apr 4, 2013
    Eldersburg
    My roof is about 25 years old and its time to replace it. Looking for recommendation for quality roofer

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    John and his crew did a really great job on my house in Taylorsville..

31 square for $12K. One day in and out. I had quotes that ranged from 11K to 16K.

John Abbott
    Exterior Solutions LLC
    301-829-6229

20190716_193545%20(Large).jpg

ACMAN

Jan 24, 2011
    Maryland
    I have used Corley Roofing and Sheet Metal for 3 roofs personally ( 1 commercial & 2 residential) and have recommended them to friends.
    They always showed up on time and finished when they said they would.
    Excellent workmanship.

Corley Roofing
    4941 Beech Place
    Temple Hills, MD 20748-2001
    Phone: 301.894.4460

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    John and his crew did a really great job on my house in Taylorsville..

31 square for $12K. One day in and out. I had quotes that ranged from 11K to 16K.

John Abbott
    Exterior Solutions LLC
    301-829-6229

20190716_193545%20(Large).jpg

I’m going to need a new roof next year and it will be about the same size as yours. I have sticker shock with the prices that posted.

Can you give us some details? Did they tear off the old roof? Replace any plywood? What does $12k get you when you buy a roof?

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    I’m going to need a new roof next year and it will be about the same size as yours. I have sticker shock with the prices that posted.

Can you give us some details? Did they tear off the old roof? Replace any plywood? What does $12k get you when you buy a roof?

Yes, complete tear off of two layers.
    Replaced 4 sheets of sheathing at no extra cost.
    New range & bath vents, vent pipe collars.
    Complete flashing of both sides of chimney.
    Full venting.

The material was Certain Teed Landmark series, which is common.
    I'm pretty picky, and I found no faults with this job.

Probably would have been the same with DWM or S&K, but they were a couple of K higher.

Screenshot.jpg

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    Another vote for DWM, they did my house and 4 family members in the past few years without complaints. The guy that did the estimate and supervised was Peter Miller, he spent the most time of any estimator here and gave me best gut feeling.

Of the local companies DWM and Arocon were very close and had I personal reviews from friends or family for both. S&K was a little higher. There was one solicitor who came in 25% lower but I didnt want to take risks with something as important as a roof.

I did quotes in 2015 as well as 2020, every company went up 20-25% in the past 5 years. I assume do to inflation and foreign policy changes.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Used these guys. Weren't the cheapest but not robbery like i've seen some quotes for. https://goshanco.com/
    Roof part of the project was about $18K. My roof is pretty insane. Steep hip on main + garage + dormers 2 porch roofs and a turret. Did the 50 year GAF system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom