• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Point 357

Jan 20, 2014
    Lexington Park, Md
    I was fingerprinted on January 28th. After work (nights) I completed the application process on the MSP website. This evening, (January 29th) just for the heck of it I checked in on my application and low-and-behold I have an active HQL license on the books. The hardest part of all about the process was finding my DD-214, scanning it and attaching it to the online application.

And of course the hundred bucks that MoM was able to extract from my wallet...

Sharadeth

Oct 11, 2011
    My biggest problem with it is that it creates a de facto ban on handgun ownership for anyone under 21. Before I could have one transferred to me (still couldn't posses it with out some over 21 being with me). I can't even submit the application before I'm 21 so I can buy myself a handgun for my birthday like I wanted.

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    My biggest problem with it is that it creates a de facto ban on handgun ownership for anyone under 21.

My biggest problem with it is it is a blatant restriction of my constitutional rights, placing undo burden and expense on me, and does nothing to address crime, ie, continues to punish the innocent and enable criminals.

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    My biggest problem with it is it is a blatant restriction of my constitutional rights, placing undo burden and expense on me, and does nothing to address crime, ie, continues to punish the innocent and enable criminals.

And it creates a list of known gun owners.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

My feelings exactly.
    I don't like being treated like a criminal just to be able to exercise my rights.

But at least I don't have to show my driver's license when I vote!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

What he said.

I don't care if they know where I live and what I have. I do care about spending time and money for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    How hard/many hours did you work to make the money you used to pay for the HQL? How much time out of your day did it take to go get finger printed and fill out the application? How much gas did you use and how much wear and tear did the trip put on your car? What could of you been doing besides doing the crap to get your HQL? . . .etc.

Its not about it being 'hard' or 'easy.'

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I was fingerprinted on January 28th. After work (nights) I completed the application process on the MSP website. This evening, (January 29th) just for the heck of it I checked in on my application and low-and-behold I have an active HQL license on the books. The hardest part of all about the process was finding my DD-214, scanning it and attaching it to the online application.

Glad you enjoy being steamrolled. Sit back and relax. They will try it again and again. :tdown:

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    As others have said I don't think the process being hard was the problem.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    congrats on getting your hql.

i have not got mine but when i want a new pistol i will get it. i have not stopped buying but i am still licking my wounds from last year so i dont need it yet.

as for worrying about being on a list...meh...i am sure i am on several lists.

as long as this state is run the way its been run for as long as i can remember we can fight to keep what rights we have left but unless we can turn the tide against the central md establishment we will continue to get the short end of the stick.

the way i see it is we will all either have to quit buying, buy on the black market or move or get a hql. the choice has to be made by the individual.

Point 357

Jan 20, 2014
    Lexington Park, Md
    Thank you 44man.

I feel kinda like I'm getting bashed here for following the laws that I do not agree with and have been thrust upon me through no fault of my own.

I in no way intended to provoke a discussion of our second ammendment rights.

The cost to me? Cash money spent was ~$100.00 for printing and license. Time spent was... what, about four hours on a hobby that I love. And I'll do it all over again.

I don't agree with the way we have to jump through these legal hoops to make a purchase of a handgun, but here I am and until I move out of this (insert expletive here) state I'm going to be following the laws.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Criminals dont have to pay for there prints,I think they should at the minimum do the fingerprint at msp and tie them up with the bs.

sykesville

Ultimate Member
    Thank you 44man.

I feel kinda like I'm getting bashed here for following the laws that I do not agree with and have been thrust upon me through no fault of my own.

I in no way intended to provoke a discussion of our second ammendment rights.

The cost to me? Cash money spent was ~$100.00 for printing and license. Time spent was... what, about four hours on a hobby that I love. And I'll do it all over again.

I don't agree with the way we have to jump through these legal hoops to make a purchase of a handgun, but here I am and until I move out of this (insert expletive here) state I'm going to be following the laws.
    I don't think anyone was bashing you, man. They're bashing the cost, procedure Nd regulations that we are unfortunate to be subject to in MD. Neither is anyone advocating breaking the law. Lots of folks, me included, disagree with the bologna omalley rammed down our throats for no good reason but to give himself political points no matter what the consequences for the citizenry.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    ....and the HQL gets another rave review on MDS. The other side reads this forum. If it's not that hard, how much of an infringement can it be?

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I'm a little suspect of the OP. Three posts and he doesn't "want to provoke a discussion of our second amendment rights", only sweet talk the HQL and try to convince us that its quick and easy and we all should do it.

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    I am not sure why we attack our own. I don't agree with the hql . But if we sit back and don't continue to buy what we want they will win. I do feel it is an infringement on our rights and will be fought in court and the ballot box. Op congrats on being able to buy your gun of choice. Please remember the process when the topic comes up in Annapolis and at the polling sites. I have given my prints in the past to get other permits and have registered tools , so I am on list already. The process is wrong and I will continue to be part of the fight to restore our rights but I will not let this process beat me or my ability to buy what I want.
    Just my 2cents

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit

Having now been through the process, would you now support the idea of a license to engage in any of your other rights, such as voting?

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    May the chains sit lightly upon ye, brother.

I'm glad you did what you wanted, but I will not. the arguments have been hashed and rehashed many times. If you made the value judgement and submitted to the scheme and you are fine with it, bless you and I wish you well.

I want to buy my wife a pistol, but until she and I can do so without having to pay a fee and be treated like a criminal in order to ask permission to be allowed to be licensed to exercise a pre-existing, Constitutionally codified, God given right, I will make do without. For me, it is not about supporting the gun stores, it is about supporting the last bastion of being a free man. A Citizen and not a subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom