• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kazan182

Aug 3, 2011
    Bought one just three weeks ago from them and it was $199. Up $20 from then. But it is in nice shape though.

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    I thought they had to be out of russia for 5 years due to some arms agreement

They found a way to remove the bayonets (shipped seperately) and sell them as "hunting rifles" which gets around said restrictions, that is why some people got the wrong bayos on their M44s the last go around.

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    Actually the Russians do have a significant stash of Winchester 95s, word is that they want much more than the importers will pay.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Actually the Russians do have a significant stash of Winchester 95s, word is that they want much more than the importers will pay.

i have heard that before, and it certainly could be true.

same thing with the gew 43's

i remember reading dennis kroh say the russians refuse to sell them unless you buy a huge lot of them for $800 a piece, which after all the enormous hurdles of importation, shipping taxes and everything else would end up being WAY too big an investment for anyone and the ultimate cost to the consumer would be close to what they go for already.

even if they come to market $500 lower than current market value, they're still a big ticket item that will only sell so fast, so it would take years for an importer to make back their investment.

the simple fact is importers have to get stuff on the cheap to be able to turn a profit on it.

if ever this stuff finds its way here though, oh what a day.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    If someone gets one, please post a photo, and your opinion of the condition.

These are supposed to be "Excellent ++" rifles, but after Widener's cock-up with the supposed "Unissued Yugo M59's", I find it hard to trust them.

MotoJ

Sep 4, 2012
    Mobtown
    I took the bait. Russian M44s are getting harder to find. Plenty of Chinese M53s listed here and there for the same money or more, but they're beat to s**t.

I don't think prices are going down, no matter what happens with potential legislation.

I'll post pics once I get it. Wideners says 14-24 days for processing and shipping.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    All things considered, they don't seem to be that bad a buy. They appear to be in exceptionally nice (like new) condition, and supposedly have perfect bores and muzzles that were not counter-bored. These were going for $160-180 at shows before everything went nuts, and those were, at best, arsenal refurbs with shiny muzzles and dark, frosty bores. Nope ... if that hole exists in your collection, an extra $40 for premium wouldn't be a bad investment. Just my opinion, of course. I'm a C&R enabler--not a financial adviser. (But, so far, my C&Rs are beating the crap out of my 401K in the performance department.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom