• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Major03

Ultimate Member
    Thanks in advance for the advice,

I'm a Maryland resident with a 2nd home in DE and I'm looking to get a non-resident CCW from a state that has reciprocity with DE in order to carry.

What's the consensus on my best option? AZ, UT, FL?

I'm a USMC veteran if that helps reduce any training requirements, although I'm not against a class that is focused on legal issues of CCW.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    If you are part-time resident of DE, how can you use non-resident permit in DE? Non-resident permit from anywhere isn't good for the place you are a resident of.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    That's not my understanding for the state of DE, but if I'm wrong then it obviously will change my course of action.

Please let me know when you find out more. That is my general understanding of non-resident permit.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    If you are part-time resident of DE, how can you use non-resident permit in DE? Non-resident permit from anywhere isn't good for the place you are a resident of.

If he has a MD license, they would consider him a MD resident. If he's stopped and hands a trooper his MD license and a Utah or FL permit, do you think they will do a property search in Delaware and then come back and say he can't use a non-resident permit because he owns property there?

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    If he has a MD license, they would consider him a MD resident. If he's stopped and hands a trooper his MD license and a Utah or FL permit, do you think they will do a property search in Delaware and then come back and say he can't use a non-resident permit because he owns property there?

OK. Driver license clarifies residency.

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    New Hampshire is easy. One page and mail with a 100$ check. Got it in a few weeks. Don't think it covers Deleware though

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    New Hampshire is easy. One page and mail with a 100$ check. Got it in a few weeks. Don't think it covers Deleware though

No training either ....I hear WV is doing non resident ones now...not sure about requirements to get

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I am a resident of Delaware. I have both Utah and NH. I'm not going to renew Utah next year because being a resident of Delaware it is no good; I have to get Delaware CCW for Utah to renew me.

I only need NH non-resident CCW for traveling outside of Delaware to VA for example.

In Delaware, I can open carry!

I'm not sure I want to get Delaware CCW. The part I hate the most: publish your name and address in local newspaper. Yeah, let advertise where I live.

Major03

Ultimate Member
    I am a resident of Delaware. I have both Utah and NH. I'm not going to renew Utah next year because being a resident of Delaware it is no good; I have to get Delaware CCW for Utah to renew me.

I only need NH non-resident CCW for traveling outside of Delaware to VA for example.

I'm not sure I want to get Delaware CCW. The part I hate the most: publish your name and address in local newspaper. Yeah, let advertise where I live.

yes, but that's only for resident CCW thank goodness. Having a public announcement of your CCW application is about as stupid as you can get...oh wait...it could be more stupid...DE could be like MD and essentially make a CCW permit impossible to get for a common man.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

The problem with not getting your home state permit is that several states won't recognize those non-resident permits, and others like you mention won't even allow you to apply for theirs (PA is also one I believe).
    So yeah it's a PITA, but you're stuck with it unless you're good with open carry everywhere.

radnor

Jan 31, 2010
    Delaware
    I would go for the AZ permit VS FL. With FL, must be printed again at renewal.

I have DE, PA, UT (DE resident) Also offer the class for DE.

Major03

Ultimate Member
    Thanks all for your advice, I went the AZ route and just mailed in my packet. I will say that their customer service is AMAZING! They made it very easy to apply, and mailed me a packet where most of the forms were filled out already for me, and the sections I needed to complete / documents I needed to add to the application were all very clearly explained.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom