• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Went down yesterday and had lunch with my boy, he, his friends, and everyone he associates with thought that the school's response was beyond silly. Most of them are in the business school and don't have classes on Fridays so they viewed it as the administration giving them a four day weekend and held a "Beer Olympics" to celebrate.

Beer Olympics. Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    There shouldn’t be a separate charge for a hate crime. It’s BS to begin with.

I agree that "hate crime" is 100% ********. But it's here to stay and someone who tries to fake one to get everyone riled up should be subject to severe penalties.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Once the race of the perp became known, this silently disappeared :sad20:

To the best of my knowledge, there were no consequences regarding his job at UMES or his wife's position at SU. All swept under the rug.

Don't worry, if the suspect had been white, Asian, or Hispanic the consequences would've been the same, I'm sure. :liar:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Where charges ever filed in this case? Inquiring minds want to know!

Wrong demographic for charges. 'Cause they're all oppressed and sheee-it, you know.

Evidence that the racism card only plays one way.

They’d have publicly crucified a white person and ruined their family.

V

Once the race of the perp became known, this silently disappeared :sad20:

To the best of my knowledge, there were no consequences regarding his job at UMES or his wife's position at SU. All swept under the rug.

Don't worry, if the suspect had been white, Asian, or Hispanic the consequences would've been the same, I'm sure. :liar:

Has any one reached out and asked???

The boy mayor of Salisbury hosts a livestream on the city Book of Faces page M-F (except for yesterday when he held one just to rant on the evil western shore savages descending on his little empire) at 5pm. Suggest that you pop on and ask hizzoner in person, sort of.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Here is the response I received from the Deputy States Attorney. Email received 05/20/2020. In my email I let him know my wife and I are SU Alums, our Daughter plans on attending in the Fall, We were on campus just after this incident, and had concerns for the investigation since the racial tension was amped up with the reaction of the school, law enforcement, and the mayor. That having closure is vital to moving on as a community. It appears there will be announcements within the next 30 days according to the response.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. XXXXXXXXXX,

Please accept my sincere apology for taking a few weeks to respond to your email. We are all adjusting to a new way of life under the COVID restrictions. Let me begin by saying how much I appreciate the concerns you raised. Make no mistake, this was an incredibly traumatic event for a lot of people within our community, and I’m even more saddened that it impacted what should have been a very joyous moment for you and your family.

The University’s Administration along with the Salisbury University Police Department have been working diligently and in cooperation with this Office to ensure that a fair and thorough investigation is completed. As a father myself, I can appreciate the frustration that you and your family must have over the length of time that such an investigation has required. However, I can assure you that not only do I have full confidence in the quality of their investigation, but also that it will produce a result consistent with the interests of justice. These types of situations can be just as frustrating for the investigators as it can be for the general public, because we have ethical and sometimes statutory restrictions on what comments can be made prior to charges being issued. This stage can often be perceived as a lack of action because there is a restriction on our ability to communicate with the general public. In these situations, all we can do is ask for your continued patience and trust.

What I can say is that within the next thirty days there will be information that we will be allowed to release. My cell phone number is contained in my signature block below, should you have more questions at that time, or even in the interim, please don’t hesitate to call me directly. If I am permitted by way of ethical and statutory considerations to share information with you – I will.

Lastly, I too am encouraged by those small showings of campus unity that you took away after your visit. Salisbury University is truly an educational institution of national distinction that offers far more than just an education. To the extent that you already know this as an alma mater, I would not be discouraged from attending SU in light of these incidents, for the measure of these types of situations isn’t what happened, but how people overcame them.

William H. McDermott

Deputy State’s Attorney

Office of the State’s Attorney for Wicomico County

309 E. Main Street

P.O. Box 1006

Salisbury, Maryland 21803-1006

(O) 410- 548 - 4880

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    Here's the news we have been waiting for....
    https://www.wmdt.com/2020/06/breaki...lisbury-university-racial-graffiti-incidents/

Text:
    SALISBURY, Md. – A 54-year-old man says he will plead guilty to charges relating to racial graffiti found on Salisbury University’s campus.

Jerome Kevin Jackson, of Princess Anne, plans to plead guilty to maliciously defacing school property “while exhibiting racial animosity,” according to the State’s Attorney’s Office. The crime is labeled as a hate crime.

The charges allege that Jackson is responsible for the racial graffiti found on the campus on October 8, 2019, October 10, 2019, October 22, 2019, November 4, 2019, and February 19, 2020. In some incidents, racial slurs were written on hallway walls and bathroom stalls.

Jackson signed a plea agreement on May 29, but the agreement is not final until he does so in court on June 12. The state is recommending a sentence of 18 months behind bars. Once the agreement is final, Jackson will also pay restitution to the university for the damage.

The Salisbury University Police Department and the Office of the State’s Attorney participated in the investigation.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    So let me get this straight , a black man 54 wrote racist graffiti on a campus , why in the hell . And is he related to Puzzy Smollette . Don't make sense .

Blacks have it so good they have to create fake crimes to gin up things . SMH

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Since the article fails to mention an interesting factoid about the guilty party of this hate crime... I'll show you the mustache in question.

Attachments

• download.jpg
      download.jpg
      12.2 KB · Views: 296

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Here's the news we have been waiting for....
    https://www.wmdt.com/2020/06/breaki...lisbury-university-racial-graffiti-incidents/

Text:
    SALISBURY, Md. – A 54-year-old man says he will plead guilty to charges relating to racial graffiti found on Salisbury University’s campus.

Jerome Kevin Jackson, of Princess Anne, plans to plead guilty to maliciously defacing school property “while exhibiting racial animosity,” according to the State’s Attorney’s Office. The crime is labeled as a hate crime.

The charges allege that Jackson is responsible for the racial graffiti found on the campus on October 8, 2019, October 10, 2019, October 22, 2019, November 4, 2019, and February 19, 2020. In some incidents, racial slurs were written on hallway walls and bathroom stalls.

Jackson signed a plea agreement on May 29, but the agreement is not final until he does so in court on June 12. The state is recommending a sentence of 18 months behind bars. Once the agreement is final, Jackson will also pay restitution to the university for the damage.

The Salisbury University Police Department and the Office of the State’s Attorney participated in the investigation.

Just posted the link to Facebook.
    Let the festivities begin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom