• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The X has a larger grip over the plain 43. 10 rounds compared to 6. Nothing between the 2 are compatible.
    The 48 is marketed as a compact slim line G19.
    It's a 43X with a longer barrel and same 10 rounds. The frames are identical.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    The X has a larger grip over the plain 43. 10 rounds compared to 6. Nothing between the 2 are compatible.
    Well that doesn't make any sense...:rolleyes:

The 48 is marketed as a compact slim line G19.
    It's a 43X with a longer barrel and same 10 rounds. The frames are identical.
    That's good to know. It is one of these two that I want then. That's probably what my LGS was pointing me towards. I know I wouldn't have even picked up the 6 round 43, because of the shorter grip.

Thanks.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Well that doesn't make any sense...:rolleyes:

That's good to know. It is one of these two that I want then. That's probably what my LGS was pointing me towards. I know I wouldn't have even picked up the 6 round 43, because of the shorter grip.

Thanks.
    Yeah don't even go near the regular 43.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Yeah don't even go near the regular 43.

No, I've got kinda fat hands. Even a 19 feels a little small. I know compact/carry pistols aren't supposed to be exactly comfortable...but no.

I will definitely be looking a little harder at the 48/43X though.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I think other mags fit the 43x as well. If memory serves, I think CZ75 metal mags work. Shield Arms seems awfully proud of those mags...

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Just ordered a pair of mags and a mag catch. Hoping they live up to the hype. Definite game changer if so.

Btw I put in a taran tactical spring and connector kit that made a big difference for the trigger.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Just ordered a pair of mags and a mag catch. Hoping they live up to the hype. Definite game changer if so.

Btw I put in a taran tactical spring and connector kit that made a big difference for the trigger.

My Apex will be here tomorrow. That standard X trigger is shit. Who thought this serrated crap was a good idea? It KILLS my finger. It's painful. The flat trigger will be welcomed.

Attachments

• Xtrig.jpg
      Xtrig.jpg
      48.7 KB · Views: 216

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    For those who would like a smooth (Glock manufactured) trigger for the 43/43x/48, they can be purchased for about $35 shipped to your door and ready to drop in. There’s a lot to be said for keeping a carry gun stock (or stock appearing with factory parts). Good luck.....

While I have no affiliation, these and the seller are well received within the Glock community.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/43-43x-48-smooth-oem-triggers.1754350/

Last edited:

dremort

Jun 6, 2018
    Eastern Bloc MD
    i've had brownell's stuff shipped to our vacation home.

They might have a different policy for non-magazine items or could have changed? I just know they would not let my order go through about 6 months ago when I tried to ship some high cap Glock mags to my parents in VA.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    For those who would like a smooth (Glock manufactured) trigger for the 43/43x/48, they can be purchased for about $35 shipped to your door and ready to drop in. There’s a lot to be said for keeping a carry gun stock (or stock appearing with factory parts). Good luck.....

While I have no affiliation, these and the seller are well received within the Glock community.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/43-43x-48-smooth-oem-triggers.1754350/

What's to be said about keeping a gun looking stock?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom