Jul/09/15 – Completed – LiveScan
    Jul/09/15 – Completed – METERS
    Jul/09/15 – Completed – CJIS
    Jul/09/15 – Completed – MAFSS
    Jul/09/15 – Completed – DJS
    XXX/XX/XX – Incomplete – Training
    XXX/XX/XX – Incomplete – NICS
    XXX/XX/XX – Incomplete – JIS

Yours should be active soon. I submitted and payed 6/26, everything but CJIS/JIS/NICS was complete by 7/6 and mine went active today.

I had a couple issues that slowed the process too. My LiveScan prints didn't make it there and had to be resent over and I had to email a pic of my training exemption since I forgot to upload it :innocent0

Sub Vet

Liberty Hound
    Jun 26, 2015
    Yours should be active soon. I submitted and payed 6/26, everything but CJIS/JIS/NICS was complete by 7/6 and mine went active today.

I had a couple issues that slowed the process too. My LiveScan prints didn't make it there and had to be resent over and I had to email a pic of my training exemption since I forgot to upload it :innocent0

I hope you are right, congrats on getting yours done.:thumbsup:

Funny thing is that my brother sent his in on Monday (13 July) and all but NICS is done for him as of end of day YESTERDAY!

Crazy right, who knows what they are doin'

Last edited:

Sub Vet

Liberty Hound
    Jun 26, 2015
    I am posing this here for my brother who is not a member here...

Applied - 13 July (Monday)

Active - 16 July (Thursday)

Crazy fast...

I am still waiting for mine, which I submitted on 2 July (Training, NICS, and JIS. I am a training exempt vet)

Last edited:

Sub Vet

Liberty Hound
    Jun 26, 2015
    I am either 66.6% done OR 50% done

day 20 on the calendar
    15th business day

When they say they have 30 days, is that calendar or business days?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The law doesn't specify. says 30 days.

[FONT=&quot]1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]3 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]([/FONT][FONT=&quot]H[/FONT][FONT=&quot]) (1) W[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ITHIN [/FONT][FONT=&quot]30 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]D[/FONT][FONT=&quot]AYS AFTER RECEIVING A PROPERLY[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]4 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]COM[/FONT][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT][FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][FONT=&quot]E[/FONT][FONT=&quot]T[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ED APPLICATION[/FONT][FONT=&quot], [/FONT][FONT=&quot]TH[/FONT][FONT=&quot]E [/FONT][FONT=&quot]S[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ECRETARY SHALL ISSUE TO THE APPLICANT[/FONT][FONT=&quot]:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]5 [/FONT][FONT=&quot] ([/FONT][FONT=&quot]I[/FONT][FONT=&quot]) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A HANDGUN QUALIFICATION LICENSE IF THE[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1[/FONT][FONT=&quot]6 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]APPLICANT IS APPROVED[/FONT][FONT=&quot]; [/FONT][FONT=&quot]OR[/FONT]

Sub Vet

Liberty Hound
    Jun 26, 2015
    Active today!

based on a conversation with MSP it sounds like the time limit is 30 calendar days, but that's probably malleable.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The law does not say 30 business days. it says 30 days, making it calendar days.

Don't see how it can be interpreted any other way.

Sub Vet

Liberty Hound
    Jun 26, 2015
    Some fellas have said they had to wait over 30 days...which could be accounted for with an interpretation of business days.

I think i'm just over analyzing it. In the Navy we call that "Nuke'n - it" based on the common practice of nuclear operators over thinking simple concepts.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    LOL think you're right. 30 days means 30 days, unless you're a Navy nuclear sub tech I guess.:D

There is no penalty in the statute for MSP if they take more than 30 days.

Fusky

Jul 29, 2015
    Germantown
    Finally got around to doing this. Submitted my application on 7/26, and currently only waiting on NICS.

Edit: That was quick. Just got completed.

Last edited:

necrodude

Aug 22, 2012
    PG county, MD
    Finally got around to doing this. Submitted my application on 7/26, and currently only waiting on NICS.

Edit: That was quick. Just got completed.
    I wonder why some people get everything completed so fast and others don't. I submitted mine on 7/21, just waiting on NICS and CJIS.

Oct 24, 2011
    Probably for the same reason some folks get NIC delays and others don't. Or MSP might just be slower on some days.

I've always assumed that people with unique names get processed through faster as there are no false positive hits on the system checks. If my name is John Smith, there could be a thousand John Smiths to search through in the various systems which would take more effort than a unique name.

Sub Vet

Liberty Hound
    Jun 26, 2015
    There are less than 75 people on earth with my last name. For me, I think it's because I have lived so many places. More "backgrounds" to check I guess. My brother has lived in MD his whole adult life and it only took like 4 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom