Old September 27th, 2014, 09:09 PM #2881
ohen cepel ohen cepel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Where they send me.
Posts: 3,938
ohen cepel ohen cepel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Where they send me.
Posts: 3,938
The Nagant revolvers were a sleeper for a long time at $100 or so. No other WWII pistol I can think of can be touched for that price. Now, they are creeping up like everything as supply dries up.

I don't think the price is bad if the import marks are minimal on them and shipping isn't horrible.
__________________
NRA Life Benefactor Member
MSI Member
BCCI Life Member
SAF Life Member
GOA Member
JFPO Member
ohen cepel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2014, 09:34 PM #2882
UpperMarlboroMan UpperMarlboroMan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 275
Images: 5
UpperMarlboroMan UpperMarlboroMan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 275
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohen cepel View Post
The Nagant revolvers were a sleeper for a long time at $100 or so. No other WWII pistol I can think of can be touched for that price. Now, they are creeping up like everything as supply dries up.

I don't think the price is bad if the import marks are minimal on them and shipping isn't horrible.
I do think interest in the Nagant revolvers increased over the last couple of years. I think when I bought mine, it was $140 and came with accessories. I think the R guns pistols also come with holster and cleaning rod.

Rguns also has the surplus ammo spam cans. It is definitely gone up in price as well. They have the can of 1092 rounds for $390.
http://www.rguns.net/ammo.shtml
UpperMarlboroMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2014, 09:52 AM #2883
Alphabrew's Avatar
Alphabrew Alphabrew is offline
Tier 1 Keyboard Operator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Where the men are men and the sheep are scared. Woodbine!
Posts: 26,434
Alphabrew Alphabrew is offline
Tier 1 Keyboard Operator
Alphabrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Where the men are men and the sheep are scared. Woodbine!
Posts: 26,434
Mount airy Walmart has a chit ton of steel case 54r, x39, 9mm tula and aluminum case 9mm. Gonna try some aluminum in the Star B
__________________
<3 TRUMP <3

“You’re not peaceful if you’re not capable of great violence. Rather, you’re harmless.”
Alphabrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2014, 04:05 PM #2884
Sirex's Avatar
Sirex Sirex is offline
Powered by natural gas
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Carroll Co, MD
Posts: 7,643
Images: 1
Sirex Sirex is offline
Powered by natural gas
Sirex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Carroll Co, MD
Posts: 7,643
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabrew View Post
Mount airy Walmart has a chit ton of steel case 54r, x39, 9mm tula and aluminum case 9mm. Gonna try some aluminum in the Star B
I bought some of the aluminum Federal 9mm to use in my CZ75. I probably won't get to it for a while, let us know how it does. Much cheaper than 9mm anyways, and I hope better thaan the Tula.
__________________
A student said to the master in the garden, "You teach me fighting, but talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"

The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war."


"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid."
Sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2014, 08:48 PM #2885
Yingpin's Avatar
Yingpin Yingpin is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kingsville, MD
Posts: 975
Yingpin Yingpin is offline
Member
Yingpin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Kingsville, MD
Posts: 975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabrew View Post
Mount airy Walmart has a chit ton of steel case 54r, x39, 9mm tula and aluminum case 9mm. Gonna try some aluminum in the Star B

Let me know how the aluminum stuff does. White Marsh Walmart had Tula steel 7.62x39, 7.62x54r and 9 Luger. Picked up a few of the 9mm for the Star B to see how it does. Shot the Star on Friday with some Freedom Munitions 115gr and had a hell of a time at first. Didn't feel like the rounds were setting in the mag right and it was hanging up. Got better as it got dirtier and shot the last two mags without issue.
__________________
FFL03 - Curios & Relics
Maryland Designated Collector
Utah Concealed Carry Permit Holder
Yingpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2014, 12:46 PM #2886
necrodude's Avatar
necrodude necrodude is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: PG county, MD
Posts: 216
necrodude necrodude is offline
Member
necrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: PG county, MD
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yingpin View Post
Let me know how the aluminum stuff does. White Marsh Walmart had Tula steel 7.62x39, 7.62x54r and 9 Luger. Picked up a few of the 9mm for the Star B to see how it does. Shot the Star on Friday with some Freedom Munitions 115gr and had a hell of a time at first. Didn't feel like the rounds were setting in the mag right and it was hanging up. Got better as it got dirtier and shot the last two mags without issue.
When I took my Star B to the range I shot 50 rounds of Blazer brass through it. I only got 2 jams the entire time I shot it. Maybe I just got lucky with my Star B and Mags.
necrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2014, 02:22 PM #2887
Machodoc's Avatar
Machodoc Machodoc is offline
Old Guy
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Just South of Chuck County
Posts: 5,676
Images: 5
Machodoc Machodoc is offline
Old Guy
Machodoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Just South of Chuck County
Posts: 5,676
Images: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by necrodude View Post
When I took my Star B to the range I shot 50 rounds of Blazer brass through it. I only got 2 jams the entire time I shot it. Maybe I just got lucky with my Star B and Mags.
Two jams out of a box isn't particularly stellar. It's not terrible, but hardly what I'd want to depend upon. On the other hand, I've got one that does a lot worse with brass cased ammo.
__________________
"If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege." - Arkansas Supreme Court, 1878.
The only thing that I would change about this is to note that it is a constitutional right, and not a privilege.
Machodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2014, 02:41 PM #2888
TapRackBang's Avatar
TapRackBang TapRackBang is offline
Cheaper Than Diamonds
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bel Air
Posts: 1,768
Images: 26
TapRackBang TapRackBang is offline
Cheaper Than Diamonds
TapRackBang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bel Air
Posts: 1,768
Images: 26
Blazer brass is brass-cased. Right?
__________________
NRA - SAF - MSI - NMA - EFF - FSF <-- all of these .orgs fight for your rights.
TapRackBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2014, 02:41 PM #2889
Melnic's Avatar
Melnic Melnic is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: HoCo
Posts: 10,935
Melnic Melnic is offline
Senior Member
Melnic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: HoCo
Posts: 10,935
For those with Star B jams, I don't know how many rounds you are loading but with mine and my dad's, I found that loading just 5 produced little if no jams. I almost always had a feed issue when loading a full 8. After I got an after market new mag, I can load 8.
I generally shoot 5 at a time anyway. It allows me to take a break between shooting and keeps the pace steady.
Melnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2014, 02:44 PM #2890
jkeiler's Avatar
jkeiler jkeiler is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bowie
Posts: 519
jkeiler jkeiler is offline
Member
jkeiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bowie
Posts: 519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
For those with Star B jams, I don't know how many rounds you are loading but with mine and my dad's, I found that loading just 5 produced little if no jams. I almost always had a feed issue when loading a full 8. After I got an after market new mag, I can load 8.
I generally shoot 5 at a time anyway. It allows me to take a break between shooting and keeps the pace steady.
Found the same thing to be true with mine.
jkeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > The Arsenal > Curio and Relic (C&R)


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2021, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service