• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    Lats night at around 2am I got up for a drink of water and while in the kitchen I noticed the motion lights were on in the back yard. Not 20 feet away from the house was an 8 point buck! He appears to have a broken right hind leg and hobbles around. I suspect he doesn't travel very far and probably beds down less than 100 yards into the woods out back. Hope he shows up Saturday morning.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    ive seen a spike that looks like he got hit with a car...i have yet to see him in bow range...I want to take him out as he is looks healthy with the exception of his back leg messed up...Im going to take him out if i see him as well

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    I saw a decent 6 pointer chasing a big doe today along with a 7 pointer out to the ears come in to 4 yards from me and he fed there for about 3 minutes. HE had no clue I was there. I'd liek to see how big he gets if he makes it to next year. But im hoping Honda53s on here shoots in on friday.

JnstemIII

Feb 23, 2011
    Oldtown, MD
    ive seen a spike that looks like he got hit with a car...i have yet to see him in bow range...I want to take him out as he is looks healthy with the exception of his back leg messed up...Im going to take him out if i see him as well

Seen these post and made me think of a friend. He has a doe that lives around his house that has three legs. Hes guessing it got shot off he was going to shoot it and come to find out it had twins. Well three years and three sets of twins later shes still running around his property. It just amazes me that shes still alive.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Seen these post and made me think of a friend. He has a doe that lives around his house that has three legs. Hes guessing it got shot off he was going to shoot it and come to find out it had twins. Well three years and three sets of twins later shes still running around his property. It just amazes me that shes still alive.

wow...resiliant creatures...

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    There was a 3 legged doe around for a while, though I never saw her at our place. I saw her down the road near the road a few times, one time she had twin fawns with her. Next door neighbor had also seen her, but then he said he hadn't seen her in a while.

The grand champions of survival are coyotes. I once got a runty one from a fur buyer, he sent it to me for free and whole frozen, with some other stuff I bought off him. I found out why it was runty- it had some sort of bone disorder and had literally broken every leg bone more than once and each had healed over several times ( I saved some of them, they are somewhere). The skull was not normal either, but it had been shot in the back of the head, so I only salvaged the front and the lower jaws ( also somewhere around here). I examined the stomach and it was full of deer hide with the fur.

Another grand champion coyote is one that was taken in a live hold snare in IN by a guy who sells ( or used to sell) to live market down south( old guys with hounds and running pens who let hounds chase foxes and coyotes around- most times the fox/yotes find a way out of the fence). Well somebody wandering around trespassing decided that since it was a coyote, it needed killing and shot it 5 times with a .45acp. The trapper comes and finds what he thinks is a dead coyote and is fuming at the 100.00 he lost. He goes to remove the "dead" animal and feels it move. Turns out she is alive. The trapper is also a veternarian, though does not formally practice anymore, so he knows how to fix up a dog, and a coyote is just a wild dog. He performs surgery and saves this animal, which turns out to be a pregnant female. He lets her welp. I think he did eventually sell her to the live market.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    shot an 8 point this evening 109lbs field dressed. will post pics later

Congrats! I won't be back in the woods for another week, though, to give it a go until muzzleloaders fall quiet again. Call me paranoid but public lands scare the piss out of me unless everyone else also has but a bow. A .50, .54 or .58 caliber hole in my hide would just ruin my whole freakin' day. :sad20:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    a brow tine is broke off but not by me....still big enough to register a point though i guess...

Attachments

• IMG_0805.jpg
      IMG_0805.jpg
      145.3 KB · Views: 200

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    7 in my cul de sac yesterday in Gaithersburg, about 1330. 5 doe, 2 4ptrs. There is a 14ptr in the same AO but missing half his rack. He came up for a bit and then disappeared. He spooks easily where the doe could care less that my kids are riding their bikes or I'm 20' away taking pictures. The 2 4ptrs stayed. One made his way to the island, about 50' from my front steps. I see a 12pt every morning on my way to work, same road (either side), same time - too bad the land he's on is county or private. He spooks something awful when I stop my car to look at him. His shoulders are probably a few inches lower than my roof, Volvo V70. He's a big lad. Passed 15 more before I got to River Road as well.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    went out saturday with the wife, some times she takes me hunting with her. We watched 14 does and saw a 6 pointer but he never gave her a good shot.

nobones

Dec 2, 2009
    Calvert
    Saw 3 tall boys chasing/fighting over a hot doe out at Bensville park last night. One almost got her mounted right on a baseball field. Hope to get out sat eve and sun am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom