• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    So I was reading about the liberal moron Chelsea Handler replying to a tweet that said give up your armed security guard if you feel so strongly about banning guns, she promptly replied that her armed security guards don't have semi-automatic weapons and got flamed for it.

My thought is, if you are allowed to hire an armed security guard in a state, why would you not be able to get a concealed carry permit. Now I believe the reason is you should be able to but has it ever been argued that the CC permit process discriminates based on class or income? Or could you even argue you are the armed security guard for your family assuming you take the proper training necessary. In a perfect world, you should be issued your permit if you desire. However with what we are dealing with I know I am probably grasping at straws and it probably has been brought up before but just something that was on my mind.

On a separate issue about CC permits, has anyone ever been denied a permit and then was a victim of a crime the permit could have prevented. I know they deny people based on what they think is G&S but has it ever happened after they were denied. I would think they would have legal grounds to sue the state for denying them. If that is the case, it would/may help us to open up the permit process. Also and this is a long stretch but it may be beneficial to roll the dice for a permit and get denied to open up the possibility if something were to happen to you, not wishing any bad things to happen to people but just a thought.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    Now I believe the reason is you should be able to but has it ever been argued that the CC permit process discriminates based on class or income?

I am no expert, but this strikes me as a novel argument. The practical problem that I see is that the judges who are most receptive to discrimination claims are the same judges perfectly willing to disregard precedent and bless blatant infringement of 2A rights.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I am no expert, but this strikes me as a novel argument. The practical problem that I see is that the judges who are most receptive to discrimination claims are the same judges perfectly willing to disregard precedent and bless blatant infringement of 2A rights.

At least one person made this argument during the protracted gun legislation hearings before the MD judicial committee a few weeks back. They guy making the case (an African American guy) played both the race and class card in a feat of pretty brilliant rhetorical jujitsu. I don't think the liberal members of the committee were willing to process the very good argument confronting them. Having their own tools used against them was quite a sight, though.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

Don't recall his name, alas. It was during the testimony about one of the W&C-related bills. He (the man in question) started with a brief remark about how the PP/NRA-types in the hallway kind of brushed him off, socially, on the assumption that he wasn't an ally. While he may have actually felt that way, I think that was also a very clever opener because it was an appeal to emotion in front of a group of legislators that operate ENTIRELY on appeals to emotion in everything they do. I'm sure some of the MSI folks who spoke at the same time will know who I'm referring to. It was my first time watching this sort of thing unfold. Definitely a sausage-being-made affair.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere

The argument against it is a novel one if you ask me. Gun okay for armed security guard if you can afford to pay them, Gun not okay to protect same person themselves even if they take the same training.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    A better place to apply an argument for income discrimination is the HQL. The state charges $50 and no longer provides fingerprinting services. Those typically run between $50 and $65. The classes run from $25 to $100+. So, at a minimum, a person has to pay $140 to get the card to be able to exercise a constitutional right. For somebody that pulls down a six-figure income, that's no big deal, but for someone making minimum wage that wants to buy a simple handgun like a Hi-Point or a Taurus, the HQL nearly doubles the cost of legally procuring a firearm. That could put it out of reach for someone that needs it the most.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    She promptly replied that her armed security guards don't have semi-automatic weapons and got flamed for it.
    What's alarming here isn't just the fact that she's ignorant, but that so many people hang on to what her and other celebs like her have to say. As cliché as it sounds, it's the blind leading the blind.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The gentleman in question was the Representative of the NAACP . Several of us had productive discussions in the hallway afterwards.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So...

What DO her security guards carry?

Revolvers and Mare's Legs?? Hatchets? Rocks and sticks?

Speaking of revolvers ... I always enjoy pointing out to the low-information grabbers that that nice, safe-looking Barney Fife style revolver ... is still capable of shooting another killer tank-piercing death bullet round cartridge every time you squeeze the trigger. They're essentially also semi-autos, which also shoot heat seeking radioactive murder ammo bullets every time you pull the trigger. And that there are even ways to carry around ready-to-load collections of more clipazine speed loader high capacity war machine bullets for those revolvers, which a practiced person can easily reload before that brave school teacher can kill the operator with a thrown geometry book.

Point is, their weak-tea objection that they don't want to take away all guns, only the dangerous ones, is based on a major underestimation of how dangerous any gun is in experienced hands. And they KNOW that. They're just hoping that some middle-of-the-road types will agree with them that it's only the scary-looking guns they're after, blah blah.

Obviously Chelsea Handler's protective detail are carrying the right tools for the job. But even if they're revolvers, those are - by any measure Handler might want to try to grasp - effectively also semi-auto in function.

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    Because being protected by guns is a privilege only afforded to white good-looking celebrities. Handler, notably, is not one of them.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    No doubt she thinks "semi automatic" means machine gun. Her security detail doesn't carry machine guns!

They carry Glock 19s.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Bear in mind that she is only bright enough to repeat memorized words and play pretend while doing it. A parrot would do pretty much the same thing for a lot less $$ and no armed guards would be necessary.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Bear in mind that she is only bright enough to repeat memorized words and play pretend while doing it. A parrot would do pretty much the same thing for a lot less $$ and no armed guards would be necessary.

I think my African grey Ernie could fit that bill. He's pretty smart for a birdbrain.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

Don't recall his name, alas. It was during the testimony about one of the W&C-related bills. He (the man in question) started with a brief remark about how the PP/NRA-types in the hallway kind of brushed him off, socially, on the assumption that he wasn't an ally. While he may have actually felt that way, I think that was also a very clever opener because it was an appeal to emotion in front of a group of legislators that operate ENTIRELY on appeals to emotion in everything they do. I'm sure some of the MSI folks who spoke at the same time will know who I'm referring to. It was my first time watching this sort of thing unfold. Definitely a sausage-being-made affair.
    I wasn't asking about your person.

I was asking who/what is a Chelsea Handler. Literally never heard of her/(him?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom