• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

AimsWellShootsWorse

Mar 2, 2011
    Prince George's County
    On liberal insider blog, Simmons and Dumais offer tremendous insight into their views on pending legislation, especially the "Assault Weapons" Ban. They rebuke WaPo on mis-reporting and simplistic editorials, and chide O'Malley for strong-arming legislators. But they remain very non-committal and suggest that the likely law will be a very, very bitter pill for gun owners.

Of note, she reveals in pointed detail the extent to which Johns Hopkins prof Daniel Webster has been the intellectual architect all along, having conjured the foundation for SB281. Not finger-pointing, but that ought to prompt serious questions about why we have not more vigorously attacked in public his weak scholarship and unreplicated Missouri study in particular.

Pardon my french, but cheer-leading aside, there's a serious sh*t sandwich headed to our table. Every bit as bad as we feared, and maybe even worse. This IS the time---the LAST time---to register our final concerns with our Delegates.

Read the gory details yourself:

http://www.marylandjuice.com/2013/03/guest-post-del-kathleen-dumais-responds.html

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    So ere it is, from the horses' mouths....Dumais is for:

"... a limit on the size of the magazines to 10; enactment of a license to purchase process for handguns that includes fingerprinting...strengthening the provisions of our law regarding who is prohibited from purchasing guns if they have had mental health issues; requiring training before the purchase of a handgun; strengthening the ability of law enforcement to review the records of gun dealers on a regular basis; prohibiting the sale of “cop killer bullets”; adding a provision to our laws regarding the reporting of lost and stolen guns; requiring individuals to register specific types of guns when they move to Maryland; and other provisions that are still being considered.

Simmons: "...I have always supprted a general ban on assault weapons..."

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    At least she understands that only 2 people in the entire state of Maryland were killed with rifles in 2011.

I can understand why "fingerprinting" reduces the number of handgun deaths because people like me will refuse to purchase a handgun if I have to give my fingerprints like a criminal. The entire mag capacity limit is BS, but I know that is something that has to be hard for her to understand since she is not a shooter.

We shall see how "fair" this pile of poop is.

It is already unfair that we are being penalized with additional 2nd Amendment restrictions for something that happened in CONNECTICUT. We already go through enough crap trying to buy a handgun or "assault weapon" with the MSP background check and the spent shell casing. Now, we may face even more onerous gun legislation for something that happened in CONNECTICUT. Ironically, it is my understanding that CONNECTICUT's legislative session has ended and nothing has been done in that state regarding additional gun control.

My suggestion would be that they pass legislation to fix Baltimore City and PG County. That is where the problem is. It is unfair that the rest of Maryland, the vast majority of land mass in Maryland, has to pay for the stupidity of the politicians and police force in Baltimore City and PG County.

I just came up with a great idea. Convicted felons will no longer be allowed to live in Baltimore City or PG County. That should cut down the handgun homicides in those areas by 72%. If they are going to trample our 2nd Amendment Right, they might as well look at other solutions that trample the rights of convicted felons. Any convicted felon found in Baltimore City or PG County would receive a mandatory 5 year prison term. However, that would be making criminals out of convicted felons. What am I thinking. Down side to that proposal is that these convicted felons would relocate to Montgomery, Howard, Baltimore, and Anne Arundel Counties. If criminals don't ruin it for all of us, the politicians do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom