• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Yeah, you guys are correct. I was rude to have said that. I apologize.

All I'm saying is that moving your whole life for something as trivial as gun laws is ridiculous. Like really, that's the hill you want to die on? Head on off to the hills where it's hard to even get decent internet just because big gubmint wants you to jump through some hoops to get a certain firearm? I agree, the HQL is some ******** and I refuse to get that license because I'm not a criminal and I don't want the feds to have my fingerprints just because.

But I'll bet you're all well armed nonetheless, as I am. We all agree on a certain level of gun control, don't we? Or do we honestly believe we all have a right to cluster bombs, RPG-7s, and nuclear warheads? That is government regulation. We all agree it's necessary, what we don't all agree on is where that regulation should end. But that's a healthy conversation to have instead of throwing your opponents out of the window with ad hominem attacks and whistleblowing for nonsense.

But there are more amendments than the 2nd that really need attention and defense. How about the 4th? Protection from unreasonable search and seizure? Isn't this one worth being militant about? I know you've all heard stories of civil forfeiture which actually accounts for more goods removed from civilians than that of criminal theft - that one's true by the way, look it up.

That's just one, though. We could go down the list and find so many more infractions of various amendments. I get annoyed when people pretend like there's only the second amendment, and that's the hill you must stand atop, even in the face of facts and studies that try to temper things a bit.

I again apologize for my original response - it was callous of me. But surely this post is reasonable and something we can more or less agree upon?

No, not really. You've still missed the point on pretty much any point you were trying to make. Once you get to 1 Walmart withing 30 miles things are pretty danged nice. That you're hung up internet speed tells more than you'd like. Once you are out of the rat race life doesn't revolve around the net.

If I could afford to, Keyser or the Piedmont area would be high on my list. Beautiful country, way better than anything East of South Mountain except some part of the bay.

Dammit_Man

Jan 16, 2018

All I'm saying is that moving your whole life for something as trivial as gun laws is ridiculous. Like really, that's the hill you want to die on? Head on off to the hills where it's hard to even get decent internet just because big gubmint wants you to jump through some hoops to get a certain firearm? I agree, the HQL is some ******** and I refuse to get that license because I'm not a criminal and I don't want the feds to have my fingerprints just because.

But I'll bet you're all well armed nonetheless, as I am. We all agree on a certain level of gun control, don't we? Or do we honestly believe we all have a right to cluster bombs, RPG-7s, and nuclear warheads? That is government regulation. We all agree it's necessary, what we don't all agree on is where that regulation should end. But that's a healthy conversation to have instead of throwing your opponents out of the window with ad hominem attacks and whistleblowing for nonsense.

But there are more amendments than the 2nd that really need attention and defense. How about the 4th? Protection from unreasonable search and seizure? Isn't this one worth being militant about? I know you've all heard stories of civil forfeiture which actually accounts for more goods removed from civilians than that of criminal theft - that one's true by the way, look it up.

That's just one, though. We could go down the list and find so many more infractions of various amendments. I get annoyed when people pretend like there's only the second amendment, and that's the hill you must stand atop, even in the face of facts and studies that try to temper things a bit.

I again apologize for my original response - it was callous of me. But surely this post is reasonable and something we can more or less agree upon?
    No one is saying that the other amendments don't matter. The erosion of the 4th scares the hell out of me (along with 5 eyes, prism, echelon, shamrock, cointelpro, or any of the hundreds of programs that put the government on an aggressive footing against the people...) and I think the main reason you don't see more of it here is because people just aren't aware of it. After all this is MD shooters not MD hackers.

Furthermore, if you were to see the government positioning to jack your stuff and subjugate you, I'd be dammed if I wouldn't lean towards a hard line 2nd stance.

crashmore

Dec 28, 2008
    Maryland
    Part of me would love to move as well but between family and work I’m tied down here.

I’ve also recently started thinking at some point we have to stand and fight. The way the politics are going these days I don’t think we can run from it. As many 2nd supporters are moving so are the antis for misc reasons and moving is probably only going to delay the fight and be a temp “fix”.

I used to be a “reasonable” gun owner but I’m tired of one sided compromising and letting my rights be chippped away by ignorant liberals who make decisions based on emotions rather than facts. I’m now in the not another inch camp. I want to make sure my kids have a 2nd amendment right regardless of what state they settle in some day.

Hope your move goes well and it’s everything your hoping for.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    We all agree on a certain level of gun control, don't we?

No.

Or do we honestly believe we all have a right to cluster bombs, RPG-7s, and nuclear warheads?

None of those are firearms. They are ordnance.

That is government regulation. We all agree it's necessary

We do not agree.

But that's a healthy conversation to have instead of throwing your opponents out of the window with ad hominem attacks and whistleblowing for nonsense.

That behavior is the domain of the far left. Good luck having a healthy conversation with them about natural rights.

I get annoyed when people pretend like there's only the second amendment, and that's the hill you must stand atop, even in the face of facts and studies that try to temper things a bit.

History proves irrefutably that our other natural rights are meaningless without 2A. Pray you don't see it proven true in your lifetime.

But surely this post is reasonable and something we can more or less agree upon?

Not really.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I wan't sure where to post this. I don't know if there are any lawmakers/politicians in this group but MD is losing another law abiding tax paying native for friendlier lands. I would have loved to settle in the western hills of our state but I'm tired and don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I will continue to help with our rights in the whole nation while enjoying my new freedoms in WV.

NRA
    MSI

Congratulations.

Wife and I had the same hopes, but see no improvements coming out of the Annapolis. We'll undoubtedly head somewhere across the (state)border lines in a couple years.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Part of me would love to move as well but between family and work I’m tied down here.

I’ve also recently started thinking at some point we have to stand and fight. The way the politics are going these days I don’t think we can run from it. As many 2nd supporters are moving so are the antis for misc reasons and moving is probably only going to delay the fight and be a temp “fix”.

I used to be a “reasonable” gun owner but I’m tired of one sided compromising and letting my rights be chippped away by ignorant liberals who make decisions based on emotions rather than facts. I’m now in the not another inch camp. I want to make sure my kids have a 2nd amendment right regardless of what state they settle in some day.

Hope your move goes well and it’s everything your hoping for.

There is light at the end of the tunnel. It's called retirement. Start planning now. It will get here before you know it. :)

Slenderman

Sep 30, 2016
    Silver Spring, MD
    Where is the line for you?

Which class of firearms/weapon systems shouldn't be in civilian hands?
    The line for me is honestly anything more than a Barrett .50 cal. I know a lot of people on the left would disagree with me on that and that's just fine. The arguments they mostly have about magazine styles are really just missing the point. At the end of the day, most politicians, right or left, do not understand guns, and so they shouldn't be able to vote on legislation about them.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

Thanks for your apology and unsolicited opinion, Elmer. No, it isn't it something we can more or less agree upon. MD sucks. WV is a desirable alternative to this cesspool of corrupt, libtard political BS (what you seem to have become numb to living there in Moco) and I congratulate the OP for his successful escape.

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    The left's entire argument against guns is based on the false premise that there's a gun problem in this country. There isn't a gun problem. The real culprits are untreated mental illness and violent extremism. Ironically, both problems tend to be the domain of the far left, but not entirely so. The far right has its share of wingnuts, too, but it's a small percentage compared to the left.

Slenderman

Sep 30, 2016
    Silver Spring, MD
    History proves irrefutably that our other natural rights are meaningless without 2A. Pray you don't see it proven true in your lifetime.

Can I be real with you here? Let's be honest with each other. You and I with our AR-15s and our Tavors and our KSGs... we are no match for the government. Politicians have seen fit to overfund the american war machine for going on seven decades now. The idea of a well regulated militia forming resistance is like a mosquito thinking it can kill you or I just by having a meal from our blood. This government has proven it does not care about American lives, and no this is not an attack on Trump. The military industrial complex is a machine and human lives are just oil for the gears.

I sincerely hope we both don't see it proven in our lifetimes. It will be a bloodbath, and at the end of the day, no one will even know our names. We'll be as detritus. Garbage to be swept away and buried.

j.smooth4

Feb 24, 2017
    Laurel, MD

This state is pathetic for gun rights the main two guns I'd love to buy but can't in this comblock state is a regular ak-47 and M1A. Nearly 45 other states have those legal how is that fair?

I'll probably be headed to Charlotte NC soon.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Can I be real with you here? Let's be honest with each other. You and I with our AR-15s and our Tavors and our KSGs... we are no match for the government. Politicians have seen fit to overfund the american war machine for going on seven decades now. The idea of a well regulated militia forming resistance is like a mosquito thinking it can kill you or I just by having a meal from our blood. This government has proven it does not care about American lives, and no this is not an attack on Trump. The military industrial complex is a machine and human lives are just oil for the gears.

I sincerely hope we both don't see it proven in our lifetimes. It will be a bloodbath, and at the end of the day, no one will even know our names. We'll be as detritus. Garbage to be swept away and buried.

A fully armed citizenry tends to make certain government options untenable, a deterrent, if you will.

Aside from that, what would you do in some sort of catastrophic event where there is no law for a time? There are many reasons to arm yourself heavily. You just have to look deeper.

j.smooth4

Feb 24, 2017
    Laurel, MD

As much as I love the U.S. military what do you think of whats going on in iraq and Afghanistan. Those conflicts are the longest wars in U.S. history and I wouldn't even call them a victory to be honest. The U.S. didn't win in korea (TIE), vietnam (withdrawal) or the middle east (constant insurgency).

All the drones, helicopters, jets, bombers, humvees, tanks, LAVs, and technology has not secured us a decisive victory in those conflicts.

-300 million guns in the US. About 2 guns for every fighting age man
    -Only 1.5 million military members
    -Many military and police would desert during a civil war.

Personally I think the left/elite wants to control us and they know with those numbers it's impossible to control the U.S. That is why they want to ban guns.

The only way to keep that balance and threat is with semiauto rifles.

Dammit_Man

Jan 16, 2018
    Can I be real with you here? Let's be honest with each other. You and I with our AR-15s and our Tavors and our KSGs... we are no match for the government. ...

You should let the Vietcong know that they can't match the American government.

Just like the Mujahedeen got their ass kicked by the Soviets.

And how the Zulus and the boers didn't stand a chance against the British colonian army

Just like how the 13 colonies didn't stand a chance.

Just stop dude.

Edit: Soviet partisans, greek klephts fighting the ottomans and the Nazis, Viet minh against the french, french resistance, just a few more that came to mind.....Warsaw uprising probably would have worked if they actually had weapons

Boom Boom

Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

You're arguing against yourself. Put what you just wrote in context with your willingness to allow government to strip away your most fundamental natural right, and in the process allow government to become more and more overarching and authoritarian. Consequently, making you more and more dependent on government. If the people living in Venezuela right now could have a "do over", I'll venture to guess the super majority of them would opt for it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    As much as I love the U.S. military what do you think of whats going on in iraq and Afghanistan. Those conflicts are the longest wars in U.S. history and I wouldn't even call them a victory to be honest. The U.S. didn't win in korea (TIE), vietnam (withdrawal) or the middle east (constant insurgency).

All the drones, helicopters, jets, bombers, humvees, tanks, LAVs, and technology has not secured us a decisive victory in those conflicts.

-300 million guns in the US. About 2 guns for every fighting age man
    -Only 1.5 million military members
    -Many military and police would desert during a civil war.

Personally I think the left/elite wants to control us and they know with those numbers it's impossible to control the U.S. That is why they want to ban guns.

The only way to keep that balance and threat is with semiauto muskets.

This is a very good answer to your question slender one^^^
    Sorry for the little joke at the end. I couldn't help myself.

Slenderman

Sep 30, 2016
    Silver Spring, MD
    As much as I love the U.S. military what do you think of whats going on in iraq and Afghanistan. Those conflicts are the longest wars in U.S. history and I wouldn't even call them a victory to be honest.

These wars aren't designed to be won. It doesn't matter what your side is. Right, Left, forward, back. These aren't wars that we are trying to "win." Every metric they've given for victory, we've accomplished, and still we are there. These wars serve the military industrial complex and their contractors who build all these war machines. Feeding young American lives (and slaughtering middle eastern civilians) are just side effects, ones that don't matter so long as money is being made. No lives matter to them. Not even the blue.

But yeah, I'm in over my head here, I admit. I hold no ill will to you guys. I just wanted to comment on the recent wars before I bow out.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

How about being armed for a massive breakdown in society. This has happened all over the world. Look at the EU and the problems it has. Mass rape. Home invasions. Good old fashioned beat-downs in the street.

We're very fortunate that we live in a country that recognizes our natural born right to protect ourselves. I never want to lose that right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom