• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1ceman

Dec 26, 2013
    Good morning,

Thank you for contacting Senator Waugh regarding this matter. The Senator does not support this bill and did not vote for it during the floor debate. Senator Waugh is committed to protecting 2A rights and will continue to fight for them.

Again, thank you for reaching out to Senator Waugh. If you have any questions please let me know.

Have a great day!

Jess

Jessica Hackett

Chief of Staff- Senator Steve Waugh

District 29- Calvert and St. Mary’s Counties

2W Miller Senate Office Building

11 Bladen Street

Annapolis, MD 21401

410-841-3673- office

410-841-3928- fax

Sent: Monday, March 19, 2018 8:30 PM
    To: Waugh, Steve Senator <Steve.Waugh@senate.state.md.us>
    Subject: **EMAIL FROM CONSTITUENT IN YOUR DISTRICT - SB0707

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Good morning,

Thank you for contacting Senator Waugh regarding this matter. The Senator does not support this bill and did not vote for it during the floor debate. Senator Waugh is committed to protecting 2A rights and will continue to fight for them.

Again, thank you for reaching out to Senator Waugh. If you have any questions please let me know.

Have a great day!

Jess

Jessica Hackett

Chief of Staff- Senator Steve Waugh

District 29- Calvert and St. Mary’s Counties

2W Miller Senate Office Building

11 Bladen Street

Annapolis, MD 21401

410-841-3673- office

410-841-3928- fax

Sent: Monday, March 19, 2018 8:30 PM
    To: Waugh, Steve Senator <Steve.Waugh@senate.state.md.us>
    Subject: **EMAIL FROM CONSTITUENT IN YOUR DISTRICT - SB0707

Then Steve’s not on my shit list and I now have someone to vote for

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    Passed the Senate - 36-11

Senator Ready stood up to explain that he voted against the bill.

From what I heard Ready said it was a federal issue and said if he was the governor he probably would sign the bill too. So exactly where does he stand? He obviously voted against it but what the hell is that supposed to mean? Is this talking out of both sides of your mouth? After all he owes Hogan big time for selecting him to fill Joe Getty's vacant seat after the Carroll County Republican Central Committee selected Robin Frazier to fill it but that didn't sit well with the republican establishment so the establishment got involved and told the committee they wanted three names. LOL This all happened before Hogan was sworn in.

Check out the session audio here at about 2:06 for Ready. Sounds wishy washy to me!

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmAudioVideo.aspx?ys=2018RS&clip=SEN_03192018_1.mp4

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    At least Ready voted against! It is difficult to stand firm when others from Carroll County sell out! Still, I will be watching!

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Does anyone know how to apply to the BATFE for authorization to possess a "rapid fire trigger activator"?

(B) THIS SECTION DOES NOT APPLY TO THE POSSESSION OF A RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR BY A PERSON WHO:
    (1) POSSESSED THE RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR BEFORE OCTOBER 1, 2018;
    (2) APPLIED TO THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FIREARMS AND EXPLOSIVES BEFORE OCTOBER 1, 2018, FOR AUTHORIZATION TO POSSESS A RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR; AND
    (3) IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL FEDERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR POSSESSION OF A RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR.

Seems kinda like BS that they can make something part of a law that isn't an actual process yet...

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Does anyone know how to apply to the BATFE for authorization to possess a "rapid fire trigger activator"?

Seems kinda like BS that they can make something part of a law that isn't an actual process yet...

there is no way, that's the joke.

and how would you let your child, if you have one, inherit these items?

I just finished talking to my republican delegate who voted for this. he thinks the nfa is going to open up some way to register them as machine guns because he said they all think it makes them machine guns.

I have one more rep to talk to today, deb rey, but I have heard so much ******** I don't know if I have another phone call in me. the stupid hurts with these people.

I am getting a chest pain for the second day in a row over this shit.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    Link does not work for me.

In a nutshell he said if he was the governor he would sign the bumpstock bill but thought it should be for the feds to decide but then said he's voting against it which he did. A bunch of talking out of both sides of his mouth gibberish. He owes Hogan big time for appointing him our state senator but also knows that we are all pissed off over this BS since this all blew up from the house vote. He wants it both ways. I just don't trust any of them and never cozy up to a politician. Keep them on notice always.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hummm. Some legislators talk confusingly, and then VOTE wrong.

Some legislators talk confusingly, and then VOTE correctly.

Guess which is presumptively better .

VOTES matter .

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    First off, I would like to honestly <not sarcasm> like to thank MSI for stepping in and convincing the legislators to include the line “"RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR" DOES NOT INCLUDE A SEMIAUTOMATIC REPLACEMENT TRIGGER THAT IMPROVES THE PERFORMANCE AND FUNCTIONALITY OVER THE STOCK TRIGGER." As without that simple clause, future overzealous MD administrations could make ALL semi-autos illegal with a swipe of the pen. I cite the AG bitch from MA, Maura Healey for that crystal ball.

As residents of DPR(MD) we have to remember we're behind enemy lines, so whatever and whenever we can eek out small victories it's always a good thing, and is the sole reason why I donate to MSI on a regular basis.

So... a couple of things to talk about concerning this piece of legislation. Note, I'm not a lawyer, but I am currently staying at a Holiday Inn Express. Chantilly, VA if anyone wants to get drinks ;)

First, NFA Amnesty Registration:
    This was an NFA amendment under the '68 GCA law that allows the executive to direct the DOJ to provide a 30-90day amnesty period (ATF link below) for the registration of any unlawful machinguns currently in circulation. However, there's much debate over this topic, as some parts of the FOPA '86, Hughes Amendment specifically prohibit any registration of currently unlawful machineguns. Which makes this interesting considering that bump-stocks are currently legal. That being said, how the DOJ and ATF are going to reinterpret that bump-stocks are machineguns, and <AT-A-DATE-THEY-DECIDE>, are now illegal, is anyone's guess.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-chapter-3/download

Second, making you jump through hoops that don't exist:
    This is my 'not a lawyer part'... but I find it hard to believe any judge, of any background, party affiliation, sex, color, race, species, etc. etc. ruling it constitutional for you to follow, abide, or obey laws THAT DON'T EXIST. If we're going to go down that rabbit hole, then it's going to get really dark, really fast, where the end is not good for anyone. Which, ironically is why the 2nd amendment exists in the first place, but i think you see my point.

So my recommendation to everyone is; if the Feds do nothing concerning bump-stocks, attempt to register your "RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR" with the BATF (including the $200 tax), then inevitably get denied, and then keep that denied paperwork showing you followed every aspect of the law possible. The upside, is that the ATF will (eventually) issue you a full refund of your tax, unlike MSP who accepts your concealed carry application, keeps your money, denies you, and then gives you the finger for your troubles.

Stay strong, my fellow people of the gun. But, while you're at it pickup a bump-stock (or two) for giggles... while they're cheap ;)

Last edited:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    First, NFA Amnesty Registration:
    This was an NFA amendment under the '68 GCA law that allows the executive to direct the DOJ to provide a 30-90day amnesty period (ATF link below) for the registration of any unlawful machinguns currently in circulation. However, there's much debate over this topic, as some parts of the FOPA '86, Hughes Amendment specifically prohibit any registration of currently unlawful machineguns. Which makes this interesting considering that bump-stocks are currently legal. That being said, how the DOJ and ATF are going to reinterpret that bump-stocks are machineguns, and <AT-A-DATE-THEY-DECIDE>, are now illegal, is anyone's guess.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-chapter-3/download

Huh. Interesting.

If ATF Grants an amnesty period, does the tax apply? I assume it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Curtis6789

Latest threads

Top Bottom