• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Yep, as if four BP pistols weren't enough, yesterday Cabelas put some Pietta pistols on sale with free shipping. (I'm such a pushover for free shipping...:innocent0). Especially when I had "points" to use for my purchase. ;)

Thanks to folks like 4570 (aka Hooligan enablers) BP has recently become a passion. Making white smoke is addictive and fun as hell!

Here's the other side:
    • While Pietta pistols are inexpensive, QC on the ones I've purchased was "iffy".
    • I've had to refit wedges and make other adjustments on their pistols to tune them.
    • You get what you pay for.

Even though there was never an original 1851 Navy pistol built in 44 cal (only 36 cal), at the end of the day it's BP, balls and caps that make fun white smoke! For a cheap addition to my growing pistola collection...I'm looking forward to a fun Hooligan shoot when it arrives.

You must admit, BP is fun shootin'!

Keep your powder dry!

;)

Attachments

• canvas brass frame.jpg
      canvas brass frame.jpg
      20.8 KB · Views: 434
    • canvas steel frame.jpg
      canvas steel frame.jpg
      24.2 KB · Views: 424
    • BP Pistols j8064 .jpg
      BP Pistols j8064 .jpg
      95 KB · Views: 421
    • DSC08431.jpg
      DSC08431.jpg
      59.5 KB · Views: 415

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I've got a conical mould if you've got a round ball mould. :D

What would make you think I don't have round ball molds? :lol2:

What folks don't yet know is I'm scheming on an 1861 Springfield. I will need a mold that makes Minie balls for that! :thumbsup:

(Oops... now everybody knows... :o)

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Looks like you're well on your way to a fancy collection. Glad to see you're enjoying your new toys.

That's what they're for, might as well, right?

ARMERICA

Feb 23, 2016
    Bel Air, MD
    Do "they" make a revolver like the ones you have pictures that are break open single action but take regular rounds, like .357 or something similar. I've always wanted just one of these in my collection of firearms, but want the convenience of loading and firing more conventional rounds. I'm now... if that's heresy, forget I said anything, lets all look away, and pretend in disdain it was never said.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Do "they" make a revolver like the ones you have pictures that are break open single action but take regular rounds, like .357 or something similar. I've always wanted just one of these in my collection of firearms, but want the convenience of loading and firing more conventional rounds. I'm now... if that's heresy, forget I said anything, lets all look away, and pretend in disdain it was never said.

There are conversion cylinders. You must of course not be a prohibited person because once you mod with the conversion cylinder, you are "manufacturing a handgun"

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Just one of several vendors:
    http://www.kirstkonverter.com/index.html

CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown

When you say "break open", do you mean like a Schofield?

Attachments

• schofield_5_inch_barrel.jpg
      schofield_5_inch_barrel.jpg
      8.2 KB · Views: 128

CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    The conversion cylinders that the others are speaking of, require pulling the cylinder out, taking it apart to unload and reload. Also, you can only use "Cowboy" loads. Lead only, no jacketed boolits. Taylors in Winchester sell them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom