• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • espantoonMP

Jun 26, 2012
    AA county switched from being reliably RED to BLUE this election cycle. What happened? Apparently this is the first time since the 1950s that the county has voted dem. Here in Pasadena i was willing to bet it 9/10 Trump supporters. What gives?

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    Had a nice right up, comparing numbers, but lost it. Looked like voter turnout overall plus a big shift to 3rd party votes. Don't have time to repost numbers (need to get back to work) Trump received fewer votes than Romney in 2012, and McCain in 2008. Clinton numbers were just as low.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Analpolis is a given.

Overall, they haven't had much of a dampening effect in the county overall.

But, this brings us back to something I tried to emphasize in 2014...

District 32 is generally (outside of Analpolis) the top problematic district in the county with regard to D voting and representation. It almost got turned in '14. Time to kill it in '18!

Okletsfish

Ultimate Member
    Sep 15, 2015
    When they imploded the high rise public housing in Baltimore City,hence AA co. population increased.

gorckat

Sep 4, 2013
    Dundalk
    AA voted blue in the presidential, but red in the congressional according to a map I saw earlier.

If it was as close as mentioned above, may have just been an anti-Trump sentiment and not a total flip.

psusra112

Jun 8, 2011
    lol
    It's become one of the affordable counties near Fort Meade/Baltimore. Millennials are flocking, as are lower salary DoD folks.

espantoonMP

Jun 26, 2012
    Wow. I didn't realize it was this close. Still a damn shame. While I was happy for a Trump candidacy I wonder if a more "mainstream" candidate would have done better in MD/AA.

As far as voter turnout I suppose the long lines/ paper ballot scanners made it seem like record voter turnout.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The killers are PG, MoCo and Balt City, in that order.

Balt City - 178,562 to 22,726 - 155,836

MoCo - 309,761 to 82,985 - 222,776

PG - 313,627 to 29,290 - 284,373

Those 3 are 662,949 plus for Hillary, versus an overall margin of 624,305.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    We won't know until they post the certified results in a few weeks. That will give us a precinct by precinct breakdown. The Republican party worked hard this election, so it's a surprise. There was a large consortium of never Trump among party loyalists. There were some who had hoped he would lose because they feel it would mean gains on the local level. This thought was unbelievably stupid as that meant giving up the supreme Court for decades.

D32 has been shifting more conservative with the growth from BRAC and the mall. The last election should have been a blow out by over 7k votes, but it was just as close as previous years <2k. Id guess it was due to conservative districts like 31 and 33.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    AA voted blue in the presidential, but red in the congressional according to a map I saw earlier.

If it was as close as mentioned above, may have just been an anti-Trump sentiment and not a total flip.

AA is in at least 3 different Gerrymandered districts. You'd have to have the precinct by precint breakdown to see how AA actually went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom