I hope Dicks Sporting goods goes bankrupt!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    I don't know why anyone is upset about this?

The small gun sellers will surely benefit. We were crying about big box stores stealing business for years, and now they're giving it back to the little guy. Bravo!

I'm all for this, and I hope local gun shops make a S__t-ton of money, too.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    IF you really look closely at what Dicks Sells,

You'll find that most of what they actually sell is overpriced gym clothes & running shoes...

They sell them to Yuppy types most likely liberal YUPPYS...

The 21 & up & NO Ar's rule probably endears Dicks to their Yuppy Customers...

They sell almost no guns that I am interested in...

When was the last time any of us bought a gun form Dicks = NEVER..?

Lack of new gun sales won't hurt them...

Occasionally they will still sell cheap shot guns & 22 rifles & a few boxes of ammo...

IMO, they could close the whole gun department & it wouldn't hurt them...

They sell lots more fishing stuff than guns...

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    I don't know why anyone is upset about this?

The small gun sellers will surely benefit. We were crying about big box stores stealing business for years, and now they're giving it back to the little guy. Bravo!

I'm all for this, and I hope local gun shops make a S__t-ton of money, too.

Yes, we should all be buying from LGS's. But what about that 18 year old kid who wants to buy his first 10/22? He knows Dicks and Wal-Mart sell that stuff, but gets turned away. Does he know about his LGS? If he's from a non firearms family, probably not. He may have been in Dick's all through high school for sports equipment. He turns 18 and is excited to buy a gun. That's a no go. Well he may not know where else to go, so he doesn't. He goes away to college where they spew liberal rhetoric at him. By the time he is 21 he's no longer interested. Besides, it's just wrong to deny someone the ability to purchase something that it is perfectly legal to buy.

You'll find that most of what they actually sell is overpriced gym clothes & running shoes...

Occasionally they will still sell cheap shot guns & 22 rifles & a few boxes of ammo...

We as gun owners need to have longer memories than them. They'll forget that they plan to support them over this in a couple weeks. We need to make sure we never do. That our families don't. We need our impact to continue, long after the small boost they may get from the yuppies buying something extra in support over the next couple of weeks.

How many gun owners have kids in sports? Go camping, buy athletic clothing themselves? We need them to lose all of that as well as to not sell a single box of ammo, clays, etc.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

= Black Friday

I think I’ve bought three 870’s as gifts over the years on Black Friday when they bottom out at $250ish with the rebates.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I’ve gotten fishing supplies and targets from them but haven’t bought a gun from them since 2007. My LGS can beat their price on anything, actually knows his S**t, smells like delicious hazelnut coffee, and is a just a genuine guy.

He just needs a shop dog

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012

That the same road that Sports Authority took to eliminate hunting merchandise and most fishing and they went bankrupt.

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Forget REI. They are anti 2A.

I looked up firearm jobs and there are a bunch of open sales positions at Dicks sports in their gun department. Everyone is bailing on them... hahahahaha

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I went to Dick's last night in Easton. I had a $10 coupon that i wanted to use and I wanted to take the opportunity to share with them that their $10 was the last $10 that I would spend there. After browsing around for a while, a nice young lady started following me and trying to help me out. I told her that I was trying to find something to spend this last $10 on. I saw the expression on her face, that she knew what was up, but neither of us spoke about it. Walked around some more with my new "friend" and found something for my daughter. She wanted to see what else I wanted, I said nothing and then I told her that I didn't agree with her CEO's policy on guns. She stated that she was not allowed to comment on that, but said that she has had many people that felt the same way, but just as many that were there because of the new policy. I told her that there aren't any criminals coming in there to buy guns. They know where to get them and it isn't at a store.

She walked with me up to the register and then went away. At the register was a 50 something guy and I told him that this was the last $10 or so that i would spend there and why. He said "I understand, I have been hearing that a lot lately. I don't know why they don't let each store have any input on the matter." I told him as I told her and he agreed. He stated some stats that I couldn't remember but something to the effect that of the last 8 school shootings, one was a legally purchased gun by the shooter. He comes from a LEO background and had a pretty good handle on things. He was upset too and confirmed that he has heard the same from many others.

I hope people stick with it for a while but I doubt it will hurt them too much. They own Golf Galaxy and Field & Stream as well. Then again, their stock price is down about 25% since last year this time.

Here is a clip from their letter to the public. What a bunch of crap.

Beginning today, DICK’S Sporting Goods is committed to the following:

We will no longer sell assault-style rifles, also referred to as modern sporting rifles. We had already removed them from all DICK’S stores after the Sandy Hook massacre, but we will now remove them from sale at all 35 Field & Stream stores.
    We will no longer sell firearms or ammunition to anyone under 21 years of age.
    We will no longer sell high capacity magazines.
    We never have and never will sell bump stocks that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire more rapidly.
    At the same time, we implore our elected officials to enact common sense gun reform and pass the following regulations:

Ban assault-style firearms
    Raise the minimum age to purchase firearms or ammunition to 21
    Ban high capacity magazines and bump stocks
    Require universal background checks that include relevant mental health information and previous interactions with the law
    Ensure a complete universal database of those banned from buying firearms
    Close the private sale and gun show loophole that waives the necessity of background checks

crashmore

Dec 28, 2008
    Maryland
    I didn’t use dicks for firearm related purchases either but now I won’t be using them to buy my kids sports supplies either. That’s a least a few hundred bucks a year of my cash they won’t see anymore. I’m just hoping our community remembers this as a whole and reacts accordingly. I don’t care how good a sale they have on ammo etc it’s not worth funding a company attacking our rights. I’m getting more serious about “voting” with my money.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Dick’s Sporting Goods Stock Drops On Unexpectedly Lower Same Store Sales – Guns Blamed

Shares in the company fell as much as 10 percent after it posted a 1.9 percent drop in same-store sales, bigger than analysts’ average estimate of a 0.62 percent dip.

Dick’s was one of the first retailers to stop selling assault rifles and high-capacity magazines as well as bar the sale of guns to people under age 21 following a massacre at a Florida high school in February.

The company had predicted that its hunting guns business would be pressurized by the change in policy but said the move should also attract more people to its stores.

Dick’s said on Wednesday it expected annual same-store sales to decline by 3 percent to 4 percent, compared with a 0.3 percent decline in 2017.

H-Bar

4th MD Regiment Militia
    Jun 29, 2017
    Dick's stock

All I can say is if you have Dicks stock somewhere then, Sell, Sell, Sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom