• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    While anything is possible in the future my personal guess is that 22 ammo will more likely go down in price/value going forward. It's the classic post shortage environment. Same with AR15 magazines. In both cases there was a shortage. We collectively reacted by buying huge numbers of these items and many of us have enough AR15 magazines and 22 ammo to last us two lifetimes. One day as time passes we will say to ourselves. I don't really need 20,000 rounds of 22 ammo. I only shot 1,000 rounds in the last three years. Maybe I should sell some of it. But who's going to buy it? The shortage already inspired most of us to stock up.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    so where is .22 ammo pricing now compared to before hoarding? and how much has it come down off its high?

I ordered a case of CCI Mini-Mags from Midway USA on New Years Day 2013. This was 18 days after the Sandy Hook school shooting, and things were getting crazy. The price was just a shade over 6 cents per round delivered. A day or two later, Midway availability had dried up.

Midway back ordered, but (to their credit) did indeed make good on that order at that price.....but some 54 weeks later, with delivery in mid-January 2014.

It's taken 5 years for Mini-Mags to return to, and to recently fall just a bit below, the price I paid then.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I love CCI Quiet. I have a couple bolt guns, and they are a ton of fun to shoot with it. Can blast cans in the backyard all day and not spend a lot. I have a couple of places where it’s safe and legal to shoot, but wouldn’t you know the neighbors in Hunt Valley don’t appreciate it much.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I love CCI Quiet. I have a couple bolt guns, and they are a ton of fun to shoot with it. Can blast cans in the backyard all day and not spend a lot. I have a couple of places where it’s safe and legal to shoot, but wouldn’t you know the neighbors in Hunt Valley don’t appreciate it much.

Try some of those at distance and watch them drop.

I ordered some CCI SV for 2.99 per 50 last week.
    Still available https://www.ammunitiondepot.com/25-cci-22-lr-40-grain-lrn.html

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I ordered a case of CCI Mini-Mags from Midway USA on New Years Day 2013. This was 18 days after the Sandy Hook school shooting, and things were getting crazy. The price was just a shade over 6 cents per round delivered. A day or two later, Midway availability had dried up.

Midway back ordered, but (to their credit) did indeed make good on that order at that price.....but some 54 weeks later, with delivery in mid-January 2014.

It's taken 5 years for Mini-Mags to return to, and to recently fall just a bit below, the price I paid then.

I did the same and had the same experience. The held the backorder and made good on it over a year later. I came home and there was a heavy as crap box at the door. I had to figure out where it came from. I had forgotten all about it.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Throw in the inflation which has occurred and pricing now is probably a little better on many loads. I pick a couple bricks and a few sleeves of Mini Mags every couple weeks. Choices now on other good loads my guns prefer on a blasting and on precision level. Replaces what I shoot and a little more. Allows me to replace the misfire prone loads Winchester was rushing out the door, too. I notice recently the frequency of those misfires are greatly reduced.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Better to have and not need, then it is to need and not have.

Just one man's opinion.

This ^^^^^

I have enough, but buy more every so often. Just because. But I am more picky. I only buy CCI or target ammo.

And it is cheap. And just in case. It could be worth a LOT more in the future.

Onceuponatime

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 19, 2018

Where are you in Hunt valley, I'll shoot with you.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

Same here. I buy tons of CCI Quiet. Shoot it with revolvers and single-shot/bolt rifles. So little noise shooting it with a rifle that there's no need for hearing protection.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I had an interesting exchange with a sales clerk at the local wally world where I typically buy ammo. They've had everything I shoot on a regular basis for some time, and lifted the 3 box limit ages ago. As a result, I'm plenty stocked and have only been buying what I shoot... well, maybe a little more... ;-) anyway, the clerk said to me when I was only buying one bulk pack of 22lr that there's no limit... I could buy as much as I want. I responded with... no, this is enough. As I was leaving , I thought... what a way to start a buying frenzy. ..sell what they have, don't restock and keep the prices up.

Thoughts??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom