• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ndMDRebel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Whereas the Federal Judges have made it perfectly clear that a politician's words outside of the wording of any laws/EOs can be used to determine the Constitutionality of any related laws/EOs made or passed by said politician can it be said that any laws/EOs restricting the ownership of firearms made by politicians that have openly spoken of eliminating the 2A are unconstitutional as their intent or goal is to violate a Constitutional Right?

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Whereas the Federal Judges have made it perfectly clear that a politician's words outside of the wording of any laws/EOs can be used to determine the Constitutionality of any related laws/EOs made or passed by said politician can it be said that any laws/EOs restricting the ownership of firearms made by politicians that have openly spoken of eliminating the 2A are unconstitutional as their intent or goal is to violate a Constitutional Right?

Yes and Yes. Absolutely. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

https://www.i2i.org/did-the-founders-expect-the-courts-to-declare-laws-unconstitutional/

http://oll.libertyfund.org/titles/carey-the-federalist-gideon-ed#lf1631_label_293

There is precedent.
    Marshall served as U.S. Chief Justice from 1801 to 1835, during which time he saw six presidents take office. During his tenure, he made many changes to the Supreme Court, the first of which eliminated the practice of justices submitting separate opinions. As it is still done today, Marshall enacted a tradition of writing one unified court opinion. In addition, Marshall cemented the Supreme Court’s authority for interpreting constitutional law, as well as its significance of a co-equal branch of government.
    Marbury v. Madison was the first important case Marshall ruled on, in which the Supreme Court ruled an act of Congress to be unconstitutional and highlighted the doctrine of judicial review. Fletcher v. Park soon followed to become the first case in which a state law was ruled unconstitutional. In McCulloch v. Maryland, Marshall set a precedent that forbid states from taxing an arm of the federal government.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Weill, that is unless they pull off some backroom deal that allows Miller to vote no and save face, but forces Hogan to veto. This isn't about long gun control, it's about damaging Hogan in 2018 ...

I'm not sure it would have much effect on Hogan's re-election. Antis dogmatic enough to even take notice would already be casting their vote against Hogan anyway.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    I'm not sure it would have much effect on Hogan's re-election. Antis dogmatic enough to even take notice would already be casting their vote against Hogan anyway.
    Optics and taking points ... Optic and talking points.

Anything they could run an 'Anthony Brown' add on, that only proponents of 2A and hunters would see through it

The great unwashed of PGCo, MoCo and B'More would react in shock and horror that Hogan would veto such a 'common sense safety measure' as REQUIRING a background check to sell Gramps' 30.06.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    If we in MD don't get off our asses and make our anger known at the Statehouse...we will be California.

What you read below is from the comments section for an article on the almost comical AR-15 workarounds they are engaged in in Commiefornia.
    CA SB 880............No sales of AR's or AK's in CA. That means no pre-ban AR's or AK's can be sold in CA.

An AR with a fixed mag and no pistol grip and no flash suppressor is not an AR-15..............its a really ugly piece of crap. A lower purchase? Brownells would not ship me a lower Cheaper than Dirt would not ship a lower to CA. An AR with a fixed mag doesn't have a release. If you build your own AR you have to register it with the state or its a crime.

If you have a pre-ban AR with the Bullet Button you can not remove it or replace it with a standard release. Look up the registration of a pre-ban AR where did you buy it? When did you buy? They want your address, phone number CDL number date of birth and on and on. I've been building AR's for 32 years. In 1988 if you had a pre-ban AR you had to register it or it became a felony, the registration was only open for 1 year same as the new registration.

These people are not playing. If you don't register your current pre-ban AR as of 2018 its a felony. This is the 1988 ban all over again. Now your talking about a pre-ban and a post ban, that's all. CA has been banning AR's AK's for 17 years and they are not going to stop. The Supreme Court doesn't make any difference--it never has-- that court belongs to the government as all courts do. The Ammo permit if its not in force now is not going away. In certain cities in CA the ammo permit is in force and has been for a while like in LA. In San Jose any magazine over 10 rounds is illegal. Cities have their own charters they do what they want. The 1988 ban was overturned years ago by the Fresno Court of Appeals it took the NRA 11 years to overturn that ban and $11 million dollars. But its back isn't it?

CA does not recognize the Constitution of the US and the CA Constitution does not have a 2nd Amnd clause. Now either I read the new law CA SB 880 wrong or most people do not understand it. AR's are rarely used in a crime its not about public safety it never is its about political control nothing more. Read the damn law...once you register your Pre-ban AR's the state at some point in the future will send you letter demanding your turn your AR that's the point of registration isn't it. They want to know where the "assault rifles" are to make it easy to confiscate them. It doesn't matter what you do to a post ban AR the state will ban those too.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    If we in MD don't get off our asses and make our anger known at the Statehouse...we will be California.

What you read below is from the comments section for an article on the almost comical AR-15 workarounds they are engaged in in Commiefornia.

This is why I stand by Rack, and all our brothers and sisters to fight for our greatest of Human rights, the right to protect ourselves.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The only problem is that Maryland's gun owners would recognize real anger if it sat on their f***s.

Pretty sure you meant "wouldn't"
    Sadly, this is likely true. Look at what has happened post 9/11.
    Our lovely LIBS cry that anyone who does not want to let any and all peoples just pour across our borders and milk us dry and undermine the safety of our land is a racist bigot while calling for the disarming of any and all who will ultimately be left to protect the land should the reality of lawless/godless entities choose to really muck up our country comes to pass.

All I can say to this is if they turn the heat up slowly enough over long enough time the frog will be cooked without even seeing it coming.

Fight now while we still can.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Pretty sure you meant "wouldn't"
    Sadly, this is likely true. Look at what has happened post 9/11.
    Our lovely LIBS cry that anyone who does not want to let any and all peoples just pour across our borders and milk us dry and undermine the safety of our land is a racist bigot while calling for the disarming of any and all who will ultimately be left to protect the land should the reality of lawless/godless entities choose to really muck up our country comes to pass.

All I can say to this is if they turn the heat up slowly enough over long enough time the frog will be cooked without even seeing it coming.

Fight now while we still can.

I did mean wouldn't.

Again, thank you, Sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom