Columbia
    Flavor of the day today
    bf3908e2384260034d4a22b93266bb0a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    They have to do a Complete service. There was glass inside the case, so they have to make sure the movement is cleaned, as well as check for other damage. Hopefully, when I get it back, it'll look new again.

It'll come back looking almost new. When I sent in my Datejust for service, several years ago, I thought they sent back the wrong watch!

All of the scratches in the case were gone...

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    It'll come back looking almost new. When I sent in my Datejust for service, several years ago, I thought they sent back the wrong watch!

All of the scratches in the case were gone...
    I hope so, 'cause they just hit me with replacing the face due to scratches in it. Thank god for Erie. $1470.60!!!!!!

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Just wanted to say I bought one of the Maratac Midsize a few months ago and love it. Classic simplicity. It does run about 2 minutes fast per week.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Just wanted to say I bought one of the Maratac Midsize a few months ago and love it. Classic simplicity. It does run about 2 minutes fast per week.

Nice!

Mine runs a little faster than that, actually, and it's gotten worse with time. I either need to find someone who can regulate that Miyota movement, or figure out what having the movement replaced would cost.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    How do you guys keep your watches organized? I don't like just tossing them in a drawer. I only have one automatic so really just want a way to keep them from getting scratched.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    How do you guys keep your watches organized? I don't like just tossing them in a drawer. I only have one automatic so really just want a way to keep them from getting scratched.

If you shop around on ebay you can find display cases specifically for them pretty reasonable. All different sizes, holding from a few to a couple dozen. Just be sure to shop around because the prices and shipping are all over the place on them.

Caddy-Bay-Collection-Classic-Black-Leatherette-Watch-Case-Display-Box-P13912818.jpg

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Thanks Zoo. I'll have to look around and see what I can find.

FWIW, this is my newest watch. It isn't in the league of many of the watches here, but I like it. It's a Seiko SNE331 solar, Japanese quartz.

Attachments

• 1202161615.jpg
      1202161615.jpg
      37.7 KB · Views: 337

shooterhyde

Sep 9, 2013

FWIW, this is my newest watch. It isn't in the league of many of the watches here, but I like it. It's a Seiko SNE331 solar, Japanese quartz.

I love the way that watch looks with the band color and case color, very nice

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie

As long as it has a hackable movement, it will keep better time than virtually any mechanical movement timepiece, no matter how expensive it is. I like it - it's definitely for casual wear, but it's also somewhat elegant in its simplicity.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    My early Christmas present came today. :drool: Hamilton QNE Aviation auto. I get my own Christmas present since Mrs. Zoo never knows what to get me. And I found a terribly good Black Friday deal so I couldn't turn it down.

Attachments

• hamilton1.jpg
      hamilton1.jpg
      45.8 KB · Views: 281
    • hamilton 2.jpg
      hamilton 2.jpg
      45.5 KB · Views: 268

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I love the way that watch looks with the band color and case color, very nice

As long as it has a hackable movement, it will keep better time than virtually any mechanical movement timepiece, no matter how expensive it is. I like it - it's definitely for casual wear, but it's also somewhat elegant in its simplicity.

Thank you both. It is hackable as evidenced by the fact that I didn't notice that the crown was pulled out as it charged. I kept waiting for the second hand to start moving, which it did once I realized why it was stopped.

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    getting closer to decision time for me. at the moment, I've narrowed it down to four. I'm looking for a dive watch < $1k, that I can edc. Here's what I'm thinking:

Magrette Moana Pacific Professional in black:
    http://www.magrette.com/the-timepieces-moana-pacific-professional-black.php

Marathon JSAR or GSAR:
    https://www.marathonwatch.com/product-category/watches/sea/

Halios Laguna II:
    http://halioswatches.com/watches/laguna2/

Squale 1521:
    http://www.squalewatches.com/Squale_50_Atmos_Dive_Watches_s/101.htm

I like the look of the JSAR best, but I have a hard time spending that much money on a watch with a quartz movement. What say you all? I also really like the Magrette and the BGW9 lume. can't decide!

-Dave

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Not on the level of Omega or Rolex. Just got this Seiko SARB035. It's a sexy watch for the price and quality.

Attachments

• IMG_0537.jpg
      IMG_0537.jpg
      73.4 KB · Views: 344

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom