• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Acorn

Nov 6, 2017
    How can I bring in the MP15 (S&W) even if I do slap on an HBAR on it if it is explicitly on the banned list though?:
    http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

I would assume under no circumstances can I use a S&W MP15 in the state of MD - is that incorrect?

If it is an HBAR, its a copy of the Colt AR-15 sporter HBAR(*I believe) which is not banned. My only source for this is having bought one about a year ago in MD.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The best I can offer by way of help is to suggest you read some of the recent bills passed by the MD General Assembly, then attend a meeting of the Handgun Permit Review Board.

It will provide some background information regarding the consequences of your decision to leave America for Maryland.

You could always take the Charm City By Night tour. The fireworks are exciting. Watching "The Wire" would be a good prep too.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Let up on the poor guy, it sounds like he doesn't have a choice. If you're military and assigned to somewhere like Pax River, Virginia isn't a practical option.

Pittbull

Jan 28, 2013
    I am also retired from the military and carried concealed for 26 years as an Air Marshal.. Maryland is one of the most egregious gun control States in the entire nation. Most will agree that Maryland ( like California) “Only” controls the law-abiding! They do not do well with criminals and repeat firearm offenders.( ask residents and business owners in Baltimore) Maryland legislators take out their frustrations on those that follow the laws..... period! I sat in the balcony during the debate of SB 281 before passage of this current oppressive law. It was disgusting to watch. Being also a retired Forensic Examiner in law enforcement, I sat in the balcony looking for “science on gun control”- there was none! I looked for a technical expert on gun control - there was no none! I looked for proven examples of states or municipalities of effective gun control- there was none! However, I witnessed many who were political and watch TV & thought they had all of the solutions........ There you have it- Maryland’s gun law! Now, Virginia is really also heading south on gun control. Governor Northam is a gun- control advocate but the legislators have been able to somewhat contain him, so far. He will continue to try to change with the empowerment of the State turning Blue: https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...a-panel-votes-down-push-for-stricter-gun-laws

sasquatch58

Mar 20, 2014
    Why in the h-ll would you want to move to Maryland? I would get out if I could! We’re a over taxed Democratic state ,and we have very little gun rights.And don’t look to get a ccw permit.they will deny you the privilege.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Back at the M&P 15 question, there is at least one SKU number that does have a Heavy Barrel, and is sold in Maryland. Unless you have/ want to aquire the tools for barrel fitting , the simple solution is an barreled upper . Either on sale from the usual online vendors , your dream bull barrel long range/ varmit set up , or anywhere inbetween .

If you can make Chantilly Gun Show this weekend, and If the usual vendors are in their usual spots , there will be vendors of Md compliant Uppers next to MSI booth , across the aisle from MSI , plus Precision Firearms half way across main room , and undoubtedly others .

Yeah , I know that on the surface "We" can come off as a$$holes for telling people to not move here . But Md is really, really, really Bad . People coming from America literally can not concieve how EFF'ed Maryland is . They want to think no place can really be this bad, and its only sort of Suck. . It really is this bad , and getting worse.

The only way moving to Maryland is an improvement is if you're coming from New Jersey . Yes , I have had transplants from both New York State, and Mass lament to me how it was better back there . You rarely see Md mentioned in nation gun 'zines in lists of the worst States for gun owners , but we're worse than most they list .

Yeah , everyone has their unique circumstances that effect their major decisions . But lots of people from other state's don't realize how physically narrow Md is .

The " worst case " is employment in the area around Ft Meade to Glen Bernie . By comparison PAX River is within an hour of King George , Va .( An hour is average Md commute .)

But if someone's situation required them to render 24hr care to a sick relative , that would Require locating within Maryland.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    How can I bring in the MP15 (S&W) even if I do slap on an HBAR on it if it is explicitly on the banned list though?:
    http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

I would assume under no circumstances can I use a S&W MP15 in the state of MD - is that incorrect?

It would help if you could tell us when you acquired your S&W MP15. We can only assume by your replies here that it was post Oct 1, 2013. Should we assume that?

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    My advice to you if you own firearms is to get a lawyer under retainer. With the new "Red Flag" laws here, your firearms can be taken from you by force without any due process. There are naive members here that say "oh that would never happen if you are a law abiding citizen" but I personally don't believe that. There is no doubt that these laws offer more opportunity for abuse; the only debate is to what extent. If you have a job where firearms confiscation would cause you to damage your career, then I urge you to reconsider moving here.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    See my answers below in Red. These are based on what I've either learned or experienced.

Good luck with your move, sorry you have to come here. Just remember, when it comes to MD gun laws, nothing will make any sense.
    Good answer... :thumbsup:
    Thank you all for your advice and support in these difficult times ;)
    I unfortunately HAVE to move to MD, as my situation simply demands it.

Again - thanks for the welcome (and the advice) and I look forward to being an active member of the forums.

Don't know and don't need to know why you "have to"... it's enough for me to know that you believe you must...
    Welcome to the state and the forum...
    Forgive those who seem to be disparaging your move... We have a thing here called Battered Gun Owners Syndrome. BGOS comes from being caught up in the battle to keep our 2A rights alive... against a hoard of opposition from the folks who lord over the state with their control by crooked gerrymandering the electoral districts. There is much BGOS shown in this thread...

Welcome to the fray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom