3 votes
    Review this gun show.
    Hours
    Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm
    Sunday 9:00am – 3:00pm
    Admission
    General: $9.00
    Children under 16: Free with paying adult
    $1.00 off for Seniors 62+ and Active Duty Military.

Description
    The Frederick Gun Show will be held on Jan 21st - 22nd, 2017 in Frederick, Maryland. This Frederick gun show is held at Frederick Fairgrounds and hosted by Silverado Gun Shows of Maryland. All federal, state and local firearm ordinances and laws must be obeyed.
    Promoter
    Silverado Gun Shows
    Phone: (301) 874-5012
    Email: silveradogunshow@comcast.net
    CONTACT
    797 E Patrick St
    Frederick, Maryland 21705
    Vendor
    350 Tables
    $70.00 per 6' Table
    Dealer Setup:
    Friday 2:00pm - 8:00pm
    Saturday 7:00am - 8:30am
    Wide Isles
    Police Guards

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    General: $9.00

Vendor
    350 Tables
    $70.00 per 6' Table

$24,500.00 in vendor revenue and they need $9 from me?

This is just a general complaint. Goes for gun shows, auto and motorcycle flea markets, and any shows in general where vendors expect customers to come in and spend money. $9 I have to pay at the door is $9 less in a vendors pocket X however many buyers attend.

Greedy eff's. Burns me up. (and NO...I don't go to them anymore)

Sorry for the rant, just a convenient opportunity for me to vent.

Carry on.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    In never looked at it that way Raineman, I attended at least 10 gun shows this year and realize the Hazmat charge for ordering powder and primers is cheap in comparison to the pot luck selections one will find. I did see a deal on a Keltec Sub2000 for $650.00 though :) Ammo cans for $12 and $14 but $10 shipped online. The same used rifles and shotguns priced so high the tags have almost worn down to the point they look like the ancient sea scrolls. (and Yes...I still go to them).

Full Disclosure : this is not a rant, see you at the show! and I like Lee2's gun show announcements better, no offense.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    $24,500.00 in vendor revenue and they need $9 from me?

This is just a general complaint. Goes for gun shows, auto and motorcycle flea markets, and any shows in general where vendors expect customers to come in and spend money. $9 I have to pay at the door is $9 less in a vendors pocket X however many buyers attend.

Greedy eff's. Burns me up. (and NO...I don't go to them anymore)

Sorry for the rant, just a convenient opportunity for me to vent.

Carry on.
    In the interest of fairness you would need to find out how much the promoter pays to rent the location, the tables themselves, the chairs, the electricity and wifi (for vendors), the security company, the water bill, and how much the advertising on the radio costs. Not to mention in addition to the $2 per attendee donated to MSI for each attendee and they usually give a table to MSI.

Then find out how many attendees stroll through. The attendees are the profit generators for the business.

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    In the interest of fairness you would need to find out how much the promoter pays to rent the location, the tables themselves, the chairs, the electricity and wifi (for vendors), the security company, the water bill, and how much the advertising on the radio costs. Not to mention in addition to the $2 per attendee donated to MSI for each attendee and they usually give a table to MSI.

Then find out how many attendees stroll through. The attendees are the profit generators for the business.

I was going to bitch about the $9 also, but now it sounds pretty cheap. :)

GunLvrPhD

Apr 16, 2008
    Falls Church, VA
    I was paying $5 in 1999. So if it's $7 now (taking out the $2 donation), I'd say the price has gone up by less than inflation. Parking is still free.

Also keep in mind that Silverado fought a huge lawsuit against gunshows in the state of MD back in the early 2000s and won. It cost a lot of money.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I was paying $5 in 1999. So if it's $7 now (taking out the $2 donation), I'd say the price has gone up by less than inflation. Parking is still free.

Also keep in mind that Silverado fought a huge lawsuit against gunshows in the state of MD back in the early 2000s and won. It cost a lot of money.

I didn't know this, and appreciate you filling in this bit. Will have to thank Frank K the next time that I see him. Salt of the earth guy, and like DaemonAssassin and rwbow1969, he offered to help me build my first AR a few years ago when he learned that I was a newer firearms owner who had beaten the FSA2013 lower receiver purchase deadline (and in all three cases, I never even mentioned I needed help - these folks generously and spontaenously offered).

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    If you are a MSI member then volunteer at the show for a few hours and you get in free. Its fun. Everyone wants to talk 2A at the shows and you help generate needed money for the cause.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'm going to the show Sunday AM, after some range time at The Machine Gun Nest which is right around the corner

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Last show it was decent but I went on Sunday. I'm heading there tomorrow around noon hopefully I'll be able to pick up a lot of supplies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom