• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Cabelas has Mini Mags (solid and HP), Quiet, Standard Velocity, and 21 grain copper hollow point. And has for a couple of days.

9 cents per round.

Plus a number of others. Winchester, Norma, etc

I got some of the 40gr solids earlier this week. 5% back in cabelas points using my Cabela's CC. They were sold out of the 36gr HP. They must be getting restocked pretty quickly, maybe supply is coming back.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    oh come on, where...........

I waterboarded her and she still didnt say. She was out shopping. I went thru all her receipts in her purse and didnt find one. I have decided to cut her off till she remembers :lol2:

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    Dsg has 22 out on the floor with the rest of the ammo. Still overpriced. Haven't been in there for a while. Picked up 350 rounds of cci 9mm for $84. Paid 60 for $99 dsg gift card. Winning

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Dsg has 22 out on the floor with the rest of the ammo. Still overpriced.

Mine has a TON of .22. I don't think they're *that* overpriced either. Is it more than I want to pay? Sure. But market price is more than I want to pay right now, so I wait for deals.

I was in my Dick's yesterday. They have the 325 round packs of Federal automatch coming out of their ears for $25 each. SGAmmo.com price for the same thing is $22.95, so two bucks cheaper.

They also have TONS of Eley standard velocity target ammo for $7 per 50. SGAmmo again has that stuff for $6.67 per 50. That's $0.33 cheaper per 50, or $3.30 cheaper per 500.

So while Dick's is a little bit more expensive than the bulk online places, I don't think they're actually that bad compared to market. Like I said above, I don't like market price right now, so I wait for sales. Last time I bought .22 I paid $17 each for two of the 325 round packs of Automatch, and I think like $50 for a 1000 round pack of Winchester M-22, and they were both from Dick's. You just have to wait for the deals.

ground chuck

Rookie Jedi
    Sep 28, 2013
    Charm City County
    Mine has a TON of .22. I don't think they're *that* overpriced either. Is it more than I want to pay? Sure. But market price is more than I want to pay right now, so I wait for deals.

I was in my Dick's yesterday. They have the 325 round packs of Federal automatch coming out of their ears for $25 each. SGAmmo.com price for the same thing is $22.95, so two bucks cheaper.

They also have TONS of Eley standard velocity target ammo for $7 per 50. SGAmmo again has that stuff for $6.67 per 50. That's $0.33 cheaper per 50, or $3.30 cheaper per 500.

So while Dick's is a little bit more expensive than the bulk online places, I don't think they're actually that bad compared to market. Like I said above, I don't like market price right now, so I wait for sales. Last time I bought .22 I paid $17 each for two of the 325 round packs of Automatch, and I think like $50 for a 1000 round pack of Winchester M-22, and they were both from Dick's. You just have to wait for the deals.
    39.99 for 525 packs is absurd. Only time I'll buy the 325 federal packs at 24.99 is if I have $10 off $50.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    some people like stingers (like me) and others seem to really dislike them. what do you think?

I used to like stingers and used them for hunting squacks but if i wasn't careful and missed a headshot it did way too much damage.
    We used to shoot full soda cans with stingers for the hunter safety training at a club I used to belong too. It would split the cans open and really impress the kids.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    On stingers, dunno. I don't own em and never shot em. I've been staying away as I plan to rebarrel my 10/22 and the new chamber won't take them.

I do really like velocitors. Like a lot. Them, minimags and Aguila targets shoot the best out of my 10/22. I can sometimes get sub 1.5" groups at 50yds with velocitors. Those 3 are also the only ammo I've run through my 10/22 that never seem to have fliers. Everything else, even if it shoots well always seems to have at least 1 in 5 as fliers out a good inch or so from the main group making most of them shoot 2-2.5" groups.

Velocitors with the extra mass and in between velocity means 100yd drop is noticeably better than something like minimags, but still carries a nice wallop for slightly bigger stuff like fox where stingers are kind of starting to die off by 100.

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    On stingers, dunno. I don't own em and never shot em. I've been staying away as I plan to rebarrel my 10/22 and the new chamber won't take them.

I do really like velocitors. Like a lot. Them, minimags and Aguila targets shoot the best out of my 10/22. I can sometimes get sub 1.5" groups at 50yds with velocitors. Those 3 are also the only ammo I've run through my 10/22 that never seem to have fliers. Everything else, even if it shoots well always seems to have at least 1 in 5 as fliers out a good inch or so from the main group making most of them shoot 2-2.5" groups.

Velocitors with the extra mass and in between velocity means 100yd drop is noticeably better than something like minimags, but still carries a nice wallop for slightly bigger stuff like fox where stingers are kind of starting to die off by 100.

Thanks, great information. My 22 rifle is the Savage 64. I love it and it shoots great! I guess because of that is why I never even bothered getting the 10/22. I might change my mind on that in 2017.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    10/22s are fun rifles. Especially if you like working on guns.

I consider mine pretty accurate for basically a stock rifle. At some point I'll rebarrel it and get a target trigger as I'd certainly like to be shooting sub 1" groups at 50yds. But I can live with 1.5" groups at 50 with a few choices in ammo that will get me there. Pretty much enough to get squirrels at 40-50 and bunnies at 60-70yds. Ground hogs at 100-125 (because those Ill shoot center mass)

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan

I consider mine pretty accurate for basically a stock rifle. At some point I'll rebarrel it and get a target trigger as I'd certainly like to be shooting sub 1" groups at 50yds. But I can live with 1.5" groups at 50 with a few choices in ammo that will get me there. Pretty much enough to get squirrels at 40-50 and bunnies at 60-70yds. Ground hogs at 100-125 (because those Ill shoot center mass)

Well the other thing I was considering besides a 10/22 sometime this year was the 17 hmr.

SummitCnty

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Frederick County

My 10/22 will shoot 1" groups with the Stingers at 50 yards all day long. I bought a second one that I'd like to eventually set up with a new barrel stock and trigger.

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Out in western Maryland, This weekend I picked up a brick of 500 for $49.99 at Hafers Guns on Rt 40 west of Hagerstown. They had at least 10 more bricks and a ton of smaller boxes. No shortage of ammo there.

Tim owns that place. He is a former MSP, and a great all around guy. Check him out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom