• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    She’ll transform “Enemies Foreign and Domestic” from a novel into a how-to book.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    To be fair, our president just abused executive power as well. Or at least tried to. Over a campaign promise...

Possibly so...but Presidents have been abusing executive power since day one...FDR did for sure. In our lifetime the most egregious abuser was Barack Obama...but if no one in Congress does anything to stop it it effectively becomes law and expands Presidential power at the expense of Congressional authority. With Trump there has been Congressional pushback lacking with Obama.

Cornelius

Trust Me, I Sell Cars
    Mar 5, 2019
    MD
    Possibly so...but Presidents have been abusing executive power since day one...FDR did for sure. In our lifetime the most egregious abuser was Barack Obama...but if no one in Congress does anything to stop it it effectively becomes law and expands Presidential power at the expense of Congressional authority. With Trump there has been Congressional pushback lacking with Obama.

I won't argue with that at all. Every time it happens and goes unopposed, it becomes that much easier. Maybe the wall situation was a breaking point, we won't know until it happens again.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Executive orders are much misunderstood. Executive orders only affect the Executive Branch and only are in force for the duration of the time in office of the issuing President. When Presidents change, the first EO issued by the new President is usually to continue all other EO's in force until they can be examined and continued or discontinued with a new EO. EO's are supposed to be more or less "housekeeping" types of orders on how the Executive Branch is to conduct itself. Unfortunately it's effectively become a way to make new law without going through the Constitutionally appropriate legislative route...the Congress.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I really hope all democrats candidates keep trying to out do each other, guns, green deals, reparations until they show everyone just how Looney tunes they are. Make it easier for MAGA 2020.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I see no way that a CA Progressive can carry the day in Purple States and Independent voters. No way at all.

She has been in a decline in the polls since February, hoping her slide continues...

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e..._democratic_presidential_nomination-6730.html
    Democratic race is definitely going to be a war of attrition, with candidates polling 3rd-7th place hoping other candidates polling 3rd-7th place will drop out sooner. I think Harris could pick up support if she outlasts Warren, Booker, and possibly Buttigieg (although I don't see him dropping).

If Biden is able to win the nomination (I think there's an excellent chance that he'll sabotage himself and step out), he will pick a female VP candidate for sure. Harris has got to be the top contender (her presence would reduce his "Anita Hill" problem with some Democrats). Of course if he starts talking about this before the race is over, he'll get punished for being presumptuous and not taking women candidates seriously.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Some of the Democrats know they don't have a chance...they're either looking for name recognition for a future run or the VP slot now. It is a war of attrition much like the GOP list of candidates of 2015-2016. They're jockeying for position for the future or to be a player in a Democrat administration.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    What a dope, has she not paid any attention to what Trump has gone through. OK she EO's some conservative governor(s) files a lawsuit in federal court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom