• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I don't know my friend. Bob Ehrlich had high approval ratings too and he lost, many people think because of the blowback from Bush being so unpopular. Hogan is going to have the same problem with the Trump resentment I think.

You could be right , valid points you make . I hate the thought of voting Hogan , but i have not gotten a better selection from here or other venues i visit .

I feel like we are doomed either way as gun owners , but i make it clear i am not giving up or in .
    I suppose the battle wounds of this last session are still raw .

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Shawn Quinn, so when the party examines the votes and see why they lost, they will k ow the pandering to the left and screwing your base is not a winning tactic.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    If Hogan is re-elected, we'll have yet another governor who is in favor of gun control measures.

"But if we can turn a few seats here and there, the Democrats won't have a veto proof majority." Alright, but we saw how eagerly the GOP sold us down the river on bump stocks and the EPRO bills. Do we think these self-serving turds will do the right thing in the future if they deem it to be detrimental to their personal advancement? Sure, a handful of them with principles, perhaps. The lot of them? Nah.

Fool me once. They can all get fu*ked, the chief executive first among them.

Exactly, and adding a few more republican seats would mean leaving all the traitors in their seats now. What does that teach the traitors? That being traitors is ok and acceptable behavior if you want to get re-elected.

Hogan asked for a bumpstock bill and 1302, got them, signed them gleefully into law. What will he ask the mga to take away from is next time? And for his last four years? And what would stop him from asking for anti gun bills to sign into law if he’s re-elected? Fear of losing his job???

And has anyone heard a reasonable excuse from the governor or the republican reps on why they thought these unconstitutional bills, now law after10-1, were needed ?

Those of you harping on about gerrymandering and redistricting,,,a few points

1) Maryland is close to 70% dem. Redistricting will not give a majority of Rs in the GA no matter how you slice it

2) The election in November will be prior to any redistricting so more than likely the dems will keep their super majority and will continue to have the power to override a veto

3) new districts will have no effect until the 2022 election, chances are damn good we will see another D in the governor's mansion with a smaller dem majority, but with a D governor it wont matter..

my point is voting for Hogan is an exercise in futility. Even if he had not throw us and our rights under the bus, not much is going to change. If you don't value your rights, by all means vote for Hogan...but don't expect anything to change for 2A supporters.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Start with, him + 5 senators or 7 house members, and you have a veto proof minority. They can then work on redistricting and undoing decades of gerrymandering. We would be about 50/50 if it wasnt for gerrymandering. Same with Congress. Get that wedge going and you can stop all this BS with stealing our 2A rights. Thats what is at stake. For those that dont want to vote for H, it means you are willing to throw away your 2A rights in the state for another decade.

Have to agree with you. This state didn't turn solid Democratic overnight, we have to start somewhere.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Those of you harping on about gerrymandering and redistricting,,,a few points

1) Maryland id close to 70% dem. Redistricting will not give a majority of Rs in the GA no matter how you slice it

2) The election in November will be prior to any redistricting so more than likely the dems will keep their super majority and will continue to have the power to override a veto

3) new districts will have no effect until the 2022 election, chances are damn good we will see another D in the governor's mansion with a smaller dem majority, but with a D governor it wont matter..

my point is voting for Hogan is an exercise in futility. Even if he had not throw us and our rights under the bus, not much is going to change. If you don't value your rights, by all means vote for Hogan...but don't expect anything to change for 2A supporters.

So you expect to do better with a Democrat? So your saying roll over and play dead. You can do that, I will not. I value my rights.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Attachments

• quinn.jpg
      quinn.jpg
      31 KB · Views: 235

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Dont fool yourself. People said the same thing about Christie. I was not a fan, but have you see New Jersey after Christie? The dam broke. They cant raise taxes or take guns fast enough.

"buttress" does not mean what you think it means. You have no idea the bills that did not get passed, because the Dems did not want a veto fight. The bills that got passed were definitely improved by Hogan's presence. We beat back a lot of stuff.

People also said the same thing about Trump. But it turns out he blew out the deficit with big spending and proposed a bump stock ban and get all the guns without due process. Trump was for gun control before he was against before he was for it.

Anyone who complains about Hogan needs to show me their primary vote for Cruz. Otherwise change their party registration to hypocrite. In this state the choice is losing badly or losing less badly, and the people who stay home are refuse to shift the state even a modicum to the right are part of the problem.

I think I used buttress right ;)

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/buttress

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    For everyone saying don't vote Hogan , i do not see the logic . Not trying to be an ass but vote another way we are sure going to lose more rights , vote Hogan we have a little hope . I know not much , we are stuck between a rock and a hard place .

Hogan already calculated the numbers from hard-core gun owner votes , it was a number he was willing to lose . IMHO

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    For everyone saying don't vote Hogan , i do not see the logic . Not trying to be an ass but vote another way we are sure going to lose more rights , vote Hogan we have a little hope . I know not much , we are stuck between a rock and a hard place .

Hogan already calculated the numbers from hard-core gun owner votes , it was a number he was willing to lose . IMHO

Think of it this way. While you are fighting the Dems in front of you, Hogan is sharpening his knife behind you. Hard to focus on the enemy in front, when you have a "friend" like Hogan watching your back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom