• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I have an Anderson AR 10 (Am 10) with their standard trigger. I am in the very early stages of shopping for an upgraded trigger. Looking at Gieselle. Can anyone answer the following questions:

1. Gieselle's web page here: https://geissele.com/lower-parts/triggers.html?weapon_platform=36 lumps AR 10 and AR 15 triggers together. Are triggers interchangeable between the 2 platforms?

2. Assuming the answer to 1 above is yes, what are the differences between the various trigger options aside from bow shape? If I were buying a car I'd go to the dealership and drive a few. Not possible with a trigger.

I am looking for a trigger that is appropriate for hunting, target shooting and precision shooting. I am unsatisfied with the Anderson standard trigger because it has a long heavy pull and is difficult to predict the break point.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    I have an Anderson AR 10 (Am 10) with their standard trigger. I am in the very early stages of shopping for an upgraded trigger. Looking at Gieselle. Can anyone answer the following questions:

1. Gieselle's web page here: https://geissele.com/lower-parts/triggers.html?weapon_platform=36 lumps AR 10 and AR 15 triggers together. Are triggers interchangeable between the 2 platforms?

2. Assuming the answer to 1 above is yes, what are the differences between the various trigger options aside from bow shape? If I were buying a car I'd go to the dealership and drive a few. Not possible with a trigger.

I am looking for a trigger that is appropriate for hunting, target shooting and precision shooting. I am unsatisfied with the Anderson standard trigger because it has a long heavy pull and is difficult to predict the break point.

Wait for a sale, they get considerably cheaper. I shot stock triggers forever. An M-16 in the Marine Corps seemed just fine to me, my Remington 700's were much better, my S&W trigger I thought was great. AR-15 trigger seemed like "normal" triggers. Then I put an SSA-E in one of them. WOW. Hard to describe but yes, way better. Haven't even taken it to the range yet but will eventually upgrade my others as well. Lighter trigger pull of course, two stage and a very clean crisp break. I suspect anyone's score would improve on the range with this trigger. Again, I have never been too picky and some triggers felt worse than others but always thought that's a lot of cash to spend on just a trigger. Until I tried it.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    1- generally yes. I bought a Geissle 2 stage on sale and put it in my AR10, love it.

The only thing to note is that if you have ambidexteous controls, or some other "non standard" config for your lower, installation is less straightforward as you may have to knock out a roll pin somewhere, put the trigger in, then punch it back in.

Personally Id go with the 2 stage G2S, SSA, or SSA-E. In my opinion there in not a whole lot of difference. the G2S and SSA are nearly identical and made on the same tooling, but SSA has a bit more quality control around polishing etc. SSA-E is similar with a lighter 2nd stage. G2S and SSA have a 2ish lb 2nd stage, SSA-E is 1.2 lbs.

If you like single stage triggers, the 3 gun one is nice, ive tried that in a buddys gun.

The biggest difference is to decide single stage vs 2-stage. This is a matter of personal preference. I like 2 stage, some people like single stage. Once you decide that, choose a weight you are confortable with (for example 3.5 lbs total, 4.5 lbs total). The downside of the lighter trigger pull in hunting is safety and under stress you might jerk it. But the upside is in bench precision shooting.

None of the options are bad, they will all spoil you. Mostly its a matter of preference.

TheRussianNightmare

Sep 17, 2012
    Gieselle triggers are fantastic. I believe AR-15 and AR-10 triggers are interchangeable, but double check that. I have a SSA-E in my MA-TEN and it is great. Wait until 4th of July sales in about 2 weeks. PSA, Brownells, Midway, Primary Arms have sales multiple times a year with the SSA-E going for around $200

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    I have a Giessle SD-E and it’s awsome. A bit pricey but as others said, wait for a sale. Also have a couple LaRue MBT triggers witch are also great especially when they are on sale for $99.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    There are basically three things that are variables for Giessele triggers:

Blade type
    Single stage vs 2 stage
    pull weight

I have 6 Geissele triggers and I'm very happy with all of them including the national match (fully adjustable 2 stage) that I have in my AR10. I have them in different lowers that have different purposes. The only functionality problem I have encountered is the 3 Gun single stage trigger not working with a ramped 9mm bolt. Once you go to a quality aftermarket trigger you will never want to go back.

For the uses you have outlined, I would recommend a SSE. I wouldn't go for the lighter triggers if you are using the gun for hunting.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The B-GRF trigger doesn't get enough love. It's like a Bargain SG-3. Light and fast.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Started out with the SSA-E, and switched to the SD-3G after a few years. The SSA-E is a great trigger out of the box, the SD-3G ain't shabby either.

For the listed uses, the SSA/SSA-E are great options. I prefer the flat-bow and single stage feel of the SD-3G, gold spring is for (IIRC) 4lbs, black spring is (IIRC) 3/3.25lbs.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Gieselle triggers are fantastic. I believe AR-15 and AR-10 triggers are interchangeable, but double check that. I have a SSA-E in my MA-TEN and it is great. Wait until 4th of July sales in about 2 weeks. PSA, Brownells, Midway, Primary Arms have sales multiple times a year with the SSA-E going for around $200

I contacted gieselle, asking about AR10 application. This is the reply I received:

"Thank you for contacting us. We don’t have any testing with that particular set up, but our small pin AR15 triggers, typically cross over and work in the .308 AR pattern rifles. There is no mil-spec for 308 AR pattern rifles, so it can be hard to test every possible setup."

And here is the response I received from Anderson a moment ago:

"Our .308 AM-10 rifles take the standard Mil-Spec style triggers and work with other drop in type triggers like the Timney Trigger. They use the same small pin as the AM-15. You should be able to upgrade the trigger with something similar with no issue. "

I assume Timney follows the same standard small pin as Gieselle?

Last edited:

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    I contacted gieselle, asking aboput AR10 application. This is the reply I received:

"Thank you for contacting us. We don’t have any testing with that particular set up, but our small pin AR15 triggers, typically cross over and work in the .308 AR pattern rifles. There is no mil-spec for 308 AR pattern rifles, so it can be hard to test every possible setup."

"Our .308 AM-10 rifles take the standard Mil-Spec style triggers and work with other drop in type triggers like the Timney Trigger. They use the same small pin as the AM-15. You should be able to upgrade the trigger with something similar with no issue. "

Yeah. I have both and have used both in different lowers (ar15) without issue.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I contacted gieselle, asking aboput AR10 application. This is the reply I received:

They mean the two pins that hold the trigger in the lower. These are the pins that you need to punch out to remove the trigger. The pin size and location is a function of the lower (not trigger). Pin diameter & location is standard on AR-15 lowers, so "drop in triggers" all use the same pins (because those two pin diameters & location are mil-spec standardized). If your 308 lower takes AR-15 triggers, those two pins are the same (vast majority of 308 lowers take AR-15 triggers). IF Anderson says your lower takes drop in AR-15 triggers you are GTG for most any drop-in AR-15 trigger.

As I said I put the SSA-E in my AR-10 without a hitch.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    what is the difference between gieselle SSA and SSA-E? both are 2 stage triggers, both are available on small pin configurations and both have the same pulls: 2.3lbs stage 1, /1.2LBS stage 2.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    what is the difference between gieselle SSA and SSA-E? both are 2 stage triggers, both are available on small pin configurations and both have the same pulls: 2.3lbs stage 1, /1.2LBS stage 2.

I have both. SSA-E is on a LWRC REPR 20" DMR in 7.62 NATO and the SSA is on a SIG 516 in 5.56 NATO.

The pull weights are different according to their website. They also feel different to me.

REF
    https://geissele.com/super-semi-automatic-trigger.html

https://geissele.com/super-semi-automatic-enhanced-ssa-e-trigger.html

Last edited:

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Ah, so they are. Was misreading the web page. Guess I gotta get a pull scale to test my trigger and see how much difference there is between what I have now and these.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Ah, so they are. Was misreading the web page. Guess I gotta get a pull scale to test my trigger and see how much difference there is between what I have now and these.

It may not matter to you but the SSA with its heavier pull can be used in CMP/NRA competitions.

Both triggers are very crisp when they break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom