• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011

I guess you don't get the fact that businesses need to make a profit to stay in business. If PSA orders or builds 10,000 lower receivers their price will be lower then a dealer that buys 10, 20, or 50 lowers. Different places have different overhead. Stocking firearms is expensive and there is a lot of overhead involved.

If we made $30 on everything we sold it wouldn't be worth our time. Take your calculator add up what you think it a business pays in rent, payroll, insurance, other expenses then divide that number by 30. And see how many firearms we have to sell every year to cover that. Then let me know if you think that is possible.

Don't get me wrong I understand that you can save $15 elsewhere. And $15 is $15.

Have a nice day
    Dan

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I guess you don't get the fact that businesses need to make a profit to stay in business. If PSA orders or builds 10,000 lower receivers their price will be lower then a dealer that buys 10, 20, or 50 lowers. Different places have different overhead. Stocking firearms is expensive and there is a lot of overhead involved.

If we made $30 on everything we sold it wouldn't be worth our time. Take your calculator add up what you think it a business pays in rent, payroll, insurance, other expenses then divide that number by 30. And see how many firearms we have to sell every year to cover that. Then let me know if you think that is possible.

Don't get me wrong I understand that you can save $15 elsewhere. And $15 is $15.

Have a nice day
    Dan

Dan, I like your post ^^^ and thanks for putting it out there for the "cheapasses" that complain about us "dealers" making a reasonable profit. :D:thumbsup:

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Dan, I like your post ^^^ and thanks for putting it out there for the "cheapasses" that complain about us "dealers" making a reasonable profit. :D:thumbsup:

Thanks, but apparently a reasonable profit doesn't matter.

We are lowering the price of our Anderson lowers to $100. If you have already called in with a deposit we will subtract the $25 difference from the amount due. We appreciate everyone's business.

Thanks
    Dan

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Thanks for the info and don't mind the "cheap asses". :rolleyes:

Edit: Like anything else...don't like it see ya later. These same folks probably spend more on cigarettes and coffee in the morning any given week. I'll never understand why they have to give people a hard time over $10-15.

ziondogg

Feb 1, 2012
    SOMD
    Thanks, but apparently a reasonable profit doesn't matter.

We are lowering the price of our Anderson lowers to $100. If you have already called in with a deposit we will subtract the $25 difference from the amount due. We appreciate everyone's business.

Thanks
    Dan

But why?

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Lower receivers are in. If you put a deposit down, stop on in and get your paper work started.

We have another batch on the way i if you missed the first Two.

Thanks
    Dan

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    Most people have no idea what it takes to run a business, ignore them.
    I think the "community" aspect of MDS causes people to forget IP's are FOR PROFIT business owners.
    The price is the price, pay it or move along.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    I personally think you should charge a little less than your costs. After all ,the customer is always right.

And who cares if you're out of business in a month .:D

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Most people have no idea what it takes to run a business, ignore them.
    I think the "community" aspect of MDS causes people to forget IP's are FOR PROFIT business owners.
    The price is the price, pay it or move along.

^^^^^^

EXACTLY.

And being an IP here isn't without it's own costs as well.

If it's possible, I always buy locally.

jjsat

Apr 14, 2014
    Montgomery Co., MD
    As a business owner myself I applaud the job that all the IPs and dealers do that I have come into contact with. Getting great service from a local dealer is worth the price.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Dan, are you getting any Anderson upper receivers also?
    I should be able to order the uppers as well. I would like to combine it with another order to save on shipping and small order fees through our distributors.

Thanks
    Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom