• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    ACTION ITEM: Loudoun County considers shooting ban NEXT TUESDAY
    The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors is going to be exploring additional regulations/restrictions on hunting and shooting on private property starting at 5 pm on Tuesday, December 4th.
    **If you live in Loudoun or hunt there, it is important that there is a large turnout.** We expect the gun controllers to be showing up in a coordinated effort and we need to outnumber them.
    The meeting is being held at:
    Loudoun County Government Building
    1 Harrison Street, 5th Floor
    Leesburg, VA 20175
    Let the Board of Supervisors know in polite terms that more restrictions are not necessary and not acceptable.
    If you can't make the meeting, then you can email the entire Board at this one email address: bos@loudoun.gov
    That said, if you can make the meeting, please do so.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Me and 4 of my neighbors will be there. Although we can’t shoot on our own land due to the size of our plots, we will surely be there to defend those who do.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    I emailed the Board last week and got this back from a Ron Meyer:

“There is no proposed shooting ban. Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.”

I’ll admit, it gave me a chuckle.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    here's the email i sent to bos@loudoun.gov if this helps you craft your email:

Hello, 20+ year Loudoun resident here, enjoys occasionally hunting and target shooting on my property and others around. Please do not enact anything that would reduce or limit my right to hunt or target shoot on my property, or any property in Loudoun.

We all know there are a couple of idiots that occasionally do not follow safe firearm practices. If they cause property damage, and certainly if they injure or kill someone, they should be held accountable in civil and criminal courts. Surely you will never propose banning alcohol in the County in reaction to drunk driving damages or deaths, right? Ditto for cell phones and distracted driving, right? And certainly you would never considering banning automobiles or driving in general, right? So please do not consider reducing or removing my hunting and target shooting rights because of a few idiots.

Certainly there are laws (including common law) in place now that address property damage and manslaughter or negligent homicide, so additional laws regarding these are not needed.

Of course, the other problem with limiting or banning hunting in our County is that our currently large deer population will get larger, with the resulting increase in vehicle damage, injury and deaths.

Thank you for your consideration of this matter.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Its on the VCDL website. Better mobilize or you are going to be Maryland in a hurry.

Ron Meyer lied to you so you and your friends wouldn't show up.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    here's the email i sent to bos@loudoun.gov if this helps you craft your email:

Hello, 20+ year Loudoun resident here, enjoys occasionally hunting and target shooting on my property and others around. Please do not enact anything that would reduce or limit my right to hunt or target shoot on my property, or any property in Loudoun.

We all know there are a couple of idiots that occasionally do not follow safe firearm practices. If they cause property damage, and certainly if they injure or kill someone, they should be held accountable in civil and criminal courts. Surely you will never propose banning alcohol in the County in reaction to drunk driving damages or deaths, right? Ditto for cell phones and distracted driving, right? And certainly you would never considering banning automobiles or driving in general, right? So please do not consider reducing or removing my hunting and target shooting rights because of a few idiots.

Certainly there are laws (including common law) in place now that address property damage and manslaughter or negligent homicide, so additional laws regarding these are not needed.

Of course, the other problem with limiting or banning hunting in our County is that our currently large deer population will get larger, with the resulting increase in vehicle damage, injury and deaths.

Thank you for your consideration of this matter.
    Nice letter.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Any news. I told a friend who has his own range on his property and he blast emailed about 40 people in the Lovettsville area. Unfortunately they didn't know about it until yesterday. He had an emergency and couldn't go. He keeps himself in the know but VCDL didn't send anything out. It was on their site but no blast email or anything.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i got vcdl's email on this and i think the original post was from their email. my bil reviewed the agenda for tonite and they were going to review updates from the last meeting, not necessarily drafting new stuff, but who knows, better safe than sorry.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    For those wondering:

The meeting had more pro-gun people than anti. They got the feeling the council was doing their due diligence to appease the antis on the council but that nothing will come of it.

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    Well thats good news. But also scary for the future. Northern VA is going/gone blue. I have an idea? Let MD take northern VA for a trade of southern MD to VA. I'm in.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Well thats good news. But also scary for the future. Northern VA is going/gone blue. I have an idea? Let MD take northern VA for a trade of southern MD to VA. I'm in.

Dont think they wont back door it or slip it on the agenda later without warning. Different issue but did that in my home town over a wawa. Everyone came out against at original meeting then 6 mos later it came up unannounced. Passed. And now it's being built.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016

There is only one vote difference in the state congress to swing things to the right. Last 3 governors have been anti-gun libs. The next governor will be the anti-gun attorney general. The state has maybe a decade before it becomes Maryland. The state is being overrun by those who want free lunches.

"Whenever you bring there to here, here becomes there."

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    There is only one vote difference in the state congress to swing things to the right. Last 3 governors have been anti-gun libs. The next governor will be the anti-gun attorney general. The state has maybe a decade before it becomes Maryland. The state is being overrun by those who want free lunches.

"Whenever you bring there to here, here becomes there."

Couldn't have said it better myself :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom