• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnsopi

Feb 8, 2018
    Just got a PSA lower GEN2 and PSA upper.The upper is PSA GEN2 PA10 20" RIFLE LENGTH 7.62 NATO 1:12 CHF. The mags are promag 20rnd. Ammo,is Assie surplus and German surplus.
    The problem is 1 out 5 rounds being jammed into the feed ramp or chamber not which . The rounds are either getting a v dent in the tip or bent at angle. Is this a mag related problem? I tried 3 differant Promags. I read something about CHF uppers having a differant feed ramp cut but dont understand all that.
    I have return forum from PSA but if it is just a mag issue I would not go though the hassle of returning it. I feel I will have to send it in but need the right words to explain the issue

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Just got a PSA lower GEN2 and PSA upper.The upper is PSA GEN2 PA10 20" RIFLE LENGTH 7.62 NATO 1:12 CHF. The mags are promag 20rnd. Ammo,is Assie surplus and German surplus.
    The problem is 1 out 5 rounds being jammed into the feed ramp or chamber not which . The rounds are either getting a v dent in the tip or bent at angle. Is this a mag related problem? I tried 3 differant Promags. I read something about CHF uppers having a differant feed ramp cut but dont understand all that.
    I have return forum from PSA but if it is just a mag issue I would not go though the hassle of returning it. I feel I will have to send it in but need the right words to explain the issue

Try running FGMM through it. If it still causes the issues with that, then it is the rifle.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Most of those factory PSA rifles need to be worked on by a qualified gunsmith. I hope you have better luck with your repair from PSA than most.

johnsopi

Feb 8, 2018
    I read something about CHF uppers having a different feed ramp cut but dont understand all that.

I looked into this from what I understand is if the upper receiver has the m4 feed ramp cuts and the barrel does not have then the bullet catches on the ledge because it is a bit lower. I dont know if this is the case with mine because It's already shipped. Not sure if you can even see it on a assembled upper. The video had the barrel out of the receiver. Will email PSA and ask them to look into it

soco

May 21, 2012
    probably irrelevant, BUT

I have a DPMS and it came with two DPMS brand mags (19 rd)

I bought another two metal mags a while back, that appeared to be identical but the feed lips were maybe a few MM shorter. They constantly failed to feed.

Try a different mag before you do anything else.

johnsopi

Feb 8, 2018
    I'm thinking it's a mag issue. I had a brain fartand was thinking promag was pmag so I was not thinking it was a mag issue. But now I do.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    probably irrelevant, BUT

I have a DPMS and it came with two DPMS brand mags (19 rd)

I bought another two metal mags a while back, that appeared to be identical but the feed lips were maybe a few MM shorter. They constantly failed to feed.

Try a different mag before you do anything else.

Definitely this.

I also have a new DPMS Gen 2 AR-10 with the bull barrel. On the second range trip it developed a major failure to feed issue. As in at least one round out of five, in every single mag. I only loaded 5 rounds into the mags as I was doing ammo accuracy testing. Eight different brands of ammo, three bullet weights, same mags as before when it ran fine. I took it to Clandestine who diagnosed it as being severely over-gassed, so I installed an adjustable gas block today. And I ordered some OEM DPMS metal mags for it. Strangely enough, the mags arrived yesterday in a box from Remington Ammunition Co. WTF is up with that? The blister pack on the mags said DPMS, but they came from Remington. Guess they must be a subcontractor. Anyway, we'll see how things run next time I can get it to the range.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Definitely this.

I also have a new DPMS Gen 2 AR-10 with the bull barrel. On the second range trip it developed a major failure to feed issue. As in at least one round out of five, in every single mag. I only loaded 5 rounds into the mags as I was doing ammo accuracy testing. Eight different brands of ammo, three bullet weights, same mags as before when it ran fine. I took it to Clandestine who diagnosed it as being severely over-gassed, so I installed an adjustable gas block today. And I ordered some OEM DPMS metal mags for it. Strangely enough, the mags arrived yesterday in a box from Remington Ammunition Co. WTF is up with that? The blister pack on the mags said DPMS, but they came from Remington. Guess they must be a subcontractor. Anyway, we'll see how things run next time I can get it to the range.

Remington, Bushmaster, and DPMS are all owned by Freedom Group.

johnsopi

Feb 8, 2018
    Got my ar10 back from PSA yesterday have not shoot it yet.They recut the feed ramps replaced the buffer and spring and put a o-ring in the extactor. Will review after range trip next week.

johnsopi

Feb 8, 2018
    Most of those factory PSA rifles need to be worked on by a qualified gunsmith. I hope you have better luck with your repair from PSA than most.

Customer service was okay, wish they had put me in touch with a gun person. the person I talk to might as well been my wife.
    The gun is very a good shooter, but I got the expensive cmh upper.

johnsopi

Feb 8, 2018
    Went to Elkneck today it shoot perfect untill I used the POS Promags. The best thing was Wolf steel grouped 3.5" for 15 rnds at 90yrds incluceding 2 flyers.
    The best was 4rnds under 3/4" with Assie surplus. I have no complates with PSA

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom