• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    Murphy 100% will support the bill--He hates guns!!! I know his son in law very well and he has said many times he has tried to get Murphy to go shooting, hunting, learn about guns, etc and he has no desire. Never owned a gun and has no desire to learn about them. Thinks they are evil....

Then we need to remove him from office.

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.
    ALL,
    The responses from emails to politicians are all generic responses. I'm not sure how much the emails impact the decisions being made. I do know that the one thing a politician understands is being without a job after the next election...question is, can we make that happen?...your thoughts?

well, they aren't precanned. I got this from Sen. Middleton's office today, "Thank you for writing. I agree with you"

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    Murphy 100% will support the bill--He hates guns!!! I know his son in law very well and he has said many times he has tried to get Murphy to go shooting, hunting, learn about guns, etc and he has no desire. Never owned a gun and has no desire to learn about them. Thinks they are evil....

Thank you for your interest in participating in a meeting with Delegate Murphy regarding the Firearms Safety Act of 2013. The meeting information is as follows:

When: Friday, March 1, 2013
    Time: 12:15 pm
    Where: Room 318, House Office Building
    6 Bladen Street
    Annapolis, MD 21401
    Why: Firearms Safety Act of 2013 HB294

For those of you hoping to testify at the Joint Hearing, I urge you to contact the Committee Chairs Directly:

House Judiciary Committee Chairman, Delegate Joseph F. Vallario, Jr., 410-841-3488
    House Health and Government Operation Chair, Peter A. Hammen, 410-841-3770

The joint hearing will be held in the Joint Committee Hearing Room of the Legislative Services Building, 1st Floor, 90 State Circle, Annapolis, MD 21401. It would be in your best interest to contact the Maryland General Services Capitol Police at 410-260-2900 to see if there will be any additional security information and or recommendations to pass through the Security Checkpoint at the building. For your convenience, I am attaching two documents to give you directions, parking information and a map of the capital complex. Should have any questions or require any additional information, please contact me.

Kim Mayhew
    Legislative Aide
    Delegate Peter F. Murphy
    6 Bladen Street, Room 426
    Annapolis, MD 21401

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    Jameson does not have the time to meet this Friday:

Unfortunately, Delegate Jameson’s schedule for this Friday, March 1st is very overloaded. I am sorry. Is there another day that would work for you?

Cheryl Campbell

Legislative Aide to Delegate Sally Y. Jameson

Chairperson - Southern Maryland Delegation

Chairperson - Charles County Delegation

427 Lowe House Building

Annapolis, MD 21401

410-841-3229/-3337 or 301-858-3229/3337

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    If it's any consolation CT Wilson called my house last night and talked to my wife and assured her he was against the bill and that this bill is just the governor trying to "one up" governor cuomo from NY. Thought that was nice that he felt that way. I called his office today and asked the staffer to pass on my thanks. I also informed the staffer that even though my wife and I both are registered republicans that as long as he stayed true to his word that he most certainly gained two more votes in the next election.

I have yet to hear back from Jameson, will try again this evening I guess.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Reply from Middleton:

"Thank you for writing. I appreciate your views and plan to oppose,

Mac Middleton"

Make sure that he knows to support the pro-gun amendments and oppose the anti-gun amendments also. There was a thread on here that Nancy Jacobs has stated the Mike Miller is playing chess and using the democrats as pawns, allowing some to vote against the bill and and some for the bill and then picking and choosing which Senators get to vote for or against the amendments.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    From the Open Forum In Westminster - Feb 26th http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=106008&page=7
    Another Senator indicating Middleton is an unknown / fence sitter.
    Senator Brinkley stated that anyone in the districts of the following senators need to contact them to get them to support a filibuster in order to keep the debate going to defend the minority (in the senate)

Brochin
    Dyson
    Mathias
    Klausmyer
    Stone
    Astle
    Middleton
    Here is a copy of what I sent to Sen Dyson, edit as you need.
    Senator Dyson,
    Now is the time to show that you truly support gun owners and 2nd
    amendment rights. If there is a filibuster for the vote on SB281, I urge
    you to support the filibuster and please do not vote for cloture.
    I hope to be able to stop by your office on Friday March 1 to speak
    with you in person, if not I look forward to seeing at the Hollywood VFD
    dinner on Saturday.

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    Reply from Middleton:

"Thank you for writing. I appreciate your views and plan to oppose,

Mac Middleton"

Via Sen. Jacobs:

The six democrats who joined the 12 Republicans in the vote to keep filibustering were: Astle, Brochin, Dyson, Klausmeier, Mathias and Stone. I'm a little "shocked" (not so much) that the following pro-gun Senators did not stay with us...Sen Ed DeGrange and Sen Middleton.....but Miller had to get his 29 votes to end our filibuster...and that was exactly what he got. So we all know why the vote to end the debate went this way.

MAC sold us out.

johnb007

Jul 6, 2011
    I just got off the phone with his office and they said he supports our 2nd Amendment and Opposes this legislation.... he better not be fibbing to me!

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    Mac sided with the anti-gun people to end the senate filibuster. This all could have died right there. Instead, Mac sided to end the filibuster. I don't know what he's telling people, but I do know he helped kill the filibuster.

johnb007

Jul 6, 2011
    Well then I guess I'll have to call him... I left a voice mail and asked him to return my call.

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.
    Mac sided with the anti-gun people to end the senate filibuster. This all could have died right there. Instead, Mac sided to end the filibuster. I don't know what he's telling people, but I do know he helped kill the filibuster.

He's telling people that HE did NOT vote for the bill. The fact that he enabled a vote on the bill is really NOT his fault. I have already sent a message questioning whether this was deceitful or "just politics".

Personally, I'm not sure if Mike patted him on the head or his fanny for being a good boy and helping out. I surely hope he enjoyed his time. I will be sponsoring his opponent in the next election and hope to leave my boot print on Mac.

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    He enabled the main floor vote where he knew it would pass. He might as well have voted for it.

Exactly. He tried to play both sides. Candice Quinn Kelly said his vote to end the filibuster didn't matter. Without Mac's vote, the filibuster would have not been killed.

cjroman

Apr 4, 2012
    Calvert County
    Middleton s playing both sides...he supposedly "sacrificed" his cloture vote, allowing the filibuster to end, to get some amendments in the bill.
    Then Miller "allowed" him to vote against it, to save face, after the filibuster was ended, fully knowing that Middleton's vote for Cloture would pass the bill out of the Senate.
    As another poster stated: It's kind of like talking your way into only being gang raped by 18 instead of 24...

If he truly had principles he would have not made a deal with the Devil...
    Both he and Miller need to go next term. You guys handle Charles, a few of us have Calvert covered.

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    If it's any consolation CT Wilson called my house last night and talked to my wife and assured her he was against the bill and that this bill is just the governor trying to "one up" governor cuomo from NY. Thought that was nice that he felt that way. I called his office today and asked the staffer to pass on my thanks. I also informed the staffer that even though my wife and I both are registered republicans that as long as he stayed true to his word that he most certainly gained two more votes in the next election.

I have yet to hear back from Jameson, will try again this evening I guess.

Received a call from CT Wilson last night- he said the same to me as well. At least we have someonewho will represent the people.

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.
    Received a call from CT Wilson last night- he said the same to me as well. At least we have someonewho will represent the people.

Double check his complete intentions. Pretty sure CT Wilson believes that we need more development and "development" is more rooftops and 7-11's :sad20:

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Double check his complete intentions. Pretty sure CT Wilson believes that we need more development and "development" is more rooftops and 7-11's :sad20:

Wilson also told me he's for training requirements and the 10-round magazine limit.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom