• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Here's a home invasion exercise for heavy sleepers who need an alarm clock to wake up in the morning.
    1. When your alarm goes off tomorrow morning, pretend it's the noise an intruder made.
    a. How long did it take to acquire your weapon?
    b. How long did it take to ascertain it was loaded and ready to fire?
    c. How long did it take to aim and was there enough light to ascertain your
    that your intruder was not a family member?
    d. At what point did your finger rest on the trigger?

May want to practice with snap caps the first couple times ya try this. Don't want to put a cap in the cat's ass...... then again, based on the other thread, many of us do.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    When my oldest son moved out I felt like part of my home defense mechanism left. Even now with the 15 year old if he’s not at home for the night I feel a little less prepared. My wife and the girls can all shoot but the boys can do it asleep and blindfolded.

We’ve always discussed strategy, it certainly is evolving. When the kids were younger, they were instructed to hide in a particular area of their rooms/in the home so I knew where they would be and wouldn’t hit them through a wall. Now we are discussing strategy with a third shooter (my wife being the second).

kolohekanaka

Jul 23, 2017
    Howard County, MD
    May want to practice with snap caps the first couple times ya try this. Don't want to put a cap in the cat's ass...... then again, based on the other thread, many of us do.
    My point is everyone has a scenario in their heads about how they will react but they will never know unless they are actually waking from a deep sleep. In my case my brain did a mind dump when it entered REM so when the alarm went off I forgot I was supposed to pretend it was an intruder making noise. I didn't go for my gun. I just hit snooze like I usually do. In the military you train like you fight so you develop muscle memory that reacts until your brain catches up.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Here's a home invasion exercise for heavy sleepers who need an alarm clock to wake up in the morning.
    1. When your alarm goes off tomorrow morning, pretend it's the noise an intruder made.
    a. How long did it take to acquire your weapon?
    b. How long did it take to ascertain it was loaded and ready to fire?
    c. How long did it take to aim and was there enough light to ascertain your
    that your intruder was not a family member?
    d. At what point did your finger rest on the trigger?
    Hey...don't just come in here with a lot of reality stuff, you should know better.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Have a loaded AR and shotgun on every floor. My son keeps his Mini14 and shotgun by his Xbox (that's where he lives) and random handguns and magazines placed strategically around the house .

And there may be a 1919 with a belt in the living room in case of clowns .

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Have a loaded AR and shotgun on every floor. My son keeps his Mini14 and shotgun by his Xbox (that's where he lives) and random handguns and magazines placed strategically around the house .

goes without saying.

I'll ignore that last remark...

:D

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Been there, can verify.

The first time I was at your house the 1919 was on the kitchen table. :lol2:

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Been there, can verify.

The first time I was at your house the 1919 was on the kitchen table. :lol2:
    The BAR is in the dining room now, 1919 is in the living room.

For those those wondering, no there are no women in the house unless my sister and nieces visit and they just shake their heads.

Attachments

• bar.jpg
      bar.jpg
      120.8 KB · Views: 274

Sirex