• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I have a chance to buy a PD trade in Colt 6520 with the LE Restricted roll marks.
    Rifle has some cosmetic wear from being in a cruiser all these years but it is immaculate otherwise. Owner wants $900 for it. I really don’t need another AR but this one kind of intrigues me.
    Is that a fair asking price?

Thanks.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    ARs with LE Restricted roll marks aren't rare. Ever since the Clinton assault weapon ban expired LE marked rifles and magazines have been sold commercially. Unless it's marked with a law enforcement agency marking to prove it was LE it's just a story. There are many who collect police trade-ins but they need to have some provenance to his police ownership.

Still...probably a fair price if it's as you say.

ed bernay

Feb 18, 2011
    I'm in eastern PA. Early in 2019 there was a local shop that had around 12 police trade ins with the police LE restricted roll marks for about $600. They went real quick. Other dealers from across the country called about them. A few months ago they had about 5 in stock and they were asking $750. Those went quick too. In my opinion, $900 is top dollar but I have not seen them for sale in any other local shops. If you need to have one with the LE restricted roll mark, its probably worth it. Colt is not making ARs for citizens anymore so I doubt they will go down in value. Just my $.02

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    ARs with LE Restricted roll marks aren't rare. Ever since the Clinton assault weapon ban expired LE marked rifles and magazines have been sold commercially. Unless it's marked with a law enforcement agency marking to prove it was LE it's just a story. There are many who collect police trade-ins but they need to have some provenance to his police ownership.

Still...probably a fair price if it's as you say.

It is a PD trade in with the PD markings on it. I may see if he’ll take less for it. Thanks for the input.

I'm in eastern PA. Early in 2019 there was a local shop that had around 12 police trade ins with the police LE restricted roll marks for about $600. They went real quick. Other dealers from across the country called about them. A few months ago they had about 5 in stock and they were asking $750. Those went quick too. In my opinion, $900 is top dollar but I have not seen them for sale in any other local shops. If you need to have one with the LE restricted roll mark, its probably worth it. Colt is not making ARs for citizens anymore so I doubt they will go down in value. Just my $.02

Colt is only suspending sales temporarily. They will continue making rifles for the civilian market. I’m not a Colt fanboy in anyway. I do know they make a good rifle. I have plenty of quality ARs. This one would just fill that Colt void for me. Being a 6520 is what really made me take a look.

Thanks.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I have a chance to buy a PD trade in Colt 6520 with the LE Restricted roll marks.
    Rifle has some cosmetic wear from being in a cruiser all these years but it is immaculate otherwise. Owner wants $900 for it. I really don’t need another AR but this one kind of intrigues me.
    Is that a fair asking price?

Thanks.

If it's exactly as it left the factory with NO PARTS AT ALL switched out, that's an immediate BUY IT. In just 5 years, you're going to be grinning ear to ear guaranteed when you think about your investment.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    If it's exactly as it left the factory with NO PARTS AT ALL switched out, that's an immediate BUY IT. In just 5 years, you're going to be grinning ear to ear guaranteed when you think about your investment.

I was hoping you would chime in. Thank you for your valued opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central

I have no idea, but I'd buy it based on this post.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Thanks for your input everyone. I pulled the trigger on it. Once it is shipped to my FFL and picked up, I will post some pictures.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Picked up the rifle from my FFL yesterday. I did a thorough inspection as well as checking headspace. Everything looks good. Here are a few pics for those of you who are interested.
    I'm still trying to do more digging on its origin. I did a serial number check on Colt's website but didn't get any results. The sticker on the buttstock had a similar sticker on the case it came in. I was told that it was a PD sticker. However, a quick google search didn't yield any results. I'm hoping some of you more knowledgeable folks on here can point me in the right direction.

Attachments

• DSC_0030.jpg
      DSC_0030.jpg
      50.8 KB · Views: 174
    • DSC_0031.jpg
      DSC_0031.jpg
      66.9 KB · Views: 168
    • DSC_0032.jpg
      DSC_0032.jpg
      43.3 KB · Views: 150
    • DSC_0033.jpg
      DSC_0033.jpg
      34.4 KB · Views: 168
    • DSC_0034.jpg
      DSC_0034.jpg
      16 KB · Views: 155
    • DSC_0036.jpg
      DSC_0036.jpg
      77.1 KB · Views: 159
    • DSC_0037.jpg
      DSC_0037.jpg
      28.7 KB · Views: 143
    • DSC_0038.jpg
      DSC_0038.jpg
      33.6 KB · Views: 154
    • DSC_0039.jpg
      DSC_0039.jpg
      45.9 KB · Views: 166
    • DSC_0041.jpg
      DSC_0041.jpg
      66 KB · Views: 151

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I can't help you with its origins but I can say that's one schweet looking little carbine!! I love the ever so slight patina too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom