• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JRoCc

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2010
    Earth
    Wow. That guy is gonna have his HQL revoked.

Glad the officer that was hit is ok.

WildBill

May 7, 2017
    It's crazy how many shots he got off before the police were able to incapacitate him. I wonder how much markmanship training the average bcpd officer receives.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    They were having the .308/5.56 debate in the comments. :lol2:

I'm glad no one was seriously hurt. The guy behind the van with him, must have soiled himself

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This truly is nuts. That was my neighborhood growing up. 10 bus would take me downtown for work when I was a teen. Saw a lot of stuff over that way, but nothing even close to that!

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I hope they killed the criminal. Each Bal Co. PD car should be equipped with an AR-15. But remember who their now retired chief was Jim Johnson. Kissed up to O'Malley and Obama. He supported HB/SB 281. Bet ya the police officers sure loved him!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Jim Johnson was replaced months ago by Kamenetz. Even better, now we have Terrence Sheridan, Glendenning's head of the MSP.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    That is crazy to me. Sorry the officer and civilian were harmed in this event.

Seems the camera guy was out in then open trying to get the video for a while, not smart, take cover.

The robber was dual welding pistols like in COD.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    It's crazy how many shots he got off before the police were able to incapacitate him. I wonder how much markmanship training the average bcpd officer receives.

According to the comments section, it's because he was white. They claim if he was black, the police would have killed him instantly..... nevermind all that stuff about trying to hit a mostly concealed and moving target, against a residential backdrop, that's actively firing at you, with a handgun, from 25+ yards.

But yeah, they probably could've made more effective use of cover, but the bad guy is dead and they aren't, so chock it up as a win.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Imagine if you were the camera man and instead of holding a camera, you had your carry pistol. What would you do?

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Imagine if you were the camera man and instead of holding a camera, you had your carry pistol. What would you do?

If we go by mosts mentality. Point shoot all over the place and wonder why he's wearing bulletproof everything. Don't ya know the rule? 3 yards, 3 seconds, 3 shots? I took all the sights off my gun to reduce drag.

In all seriousness, due to the proximity to possible innocents (bus full/empty) and the fact he is an active threat with a handgun........this is a rifle situation.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    In all seriousness, due to the proximity to possible innocents (bus full/empty) and the fact he is an active threat with a handgun........this is a rifle situation.

Yep, too bad a good citizen wasn't peeking out his window with a 308.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Yep, too bad a good citizen wasn't peeking out his window with a 308.

308 kills bugs dead but 5.56 is better for urban stuff. Less chance of overpenetration and or long distance errant shots/ricochets. Also another damn good example of anyone contemplating using mil spec ammos for personal defense. 855 would likely zip through him as would 855A1. 193 would likely tumble due to his size/structure but getting COM becomes critical. Mk 318 or 262 would be a safer gamble but this is where a 62-64 grain bonded softpoint or Honady TAP 77 Grain shines.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Just in case any of you still had some faith in humanity left somehow, here's just a quick sampling of facebook comments for the video of the shooting...
    Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 23.08.46.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 23.11.24.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 23.12.19.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 23.14.03.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 23.15.55.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 23.17.08.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 23.22.18.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members