• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    I missed something along the way here, July Deadline?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    There are actually better threads explaining this but I be damned if I could find one.

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    Thanks. So, if I decide to go to a suppressor, I will still be able to. The process has changed a little...

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I bought a m4-2000 after hear 1 on a friends ak in 5.45x39 was way impressed with it !!!

Good to hear. That is the one I'm looking to buy.

The only problem with this it the mounts... It's hard to switch mounts when you already have 600-1k invested in a particular manufacturers mounts....

This. All my rifles have the AAC mounts on them.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I was never going to even consider a can because I just didn't see the benefit. Then Chad happened.
    After going to the range with him and seeing him swap 1 can between multiple guns I became a believer - fast. One stamp, one can - almost every gun.
    I'm down with that so while I will not make the July deadline, I am trying to get one before our next POTUS takes office. I'll just have to buy the piston kit for my 2 hand guns and several muzzle adapters for my rifles but HECK YEAH!
    As for you situation where you own so many I figure buy the one that can be used on other guns now. It's never too late. Plus, the time is coming where they won't be allowed. Get 'em while you can.

xT77XWum9yH7zNkFW0.gif

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I was never going to even consider a can because I just didn't see the benefit. Then Chad happened.
    After going to the range with him and seeing him swap 1 can between multiple guns I became a believer - fast. One stamp, one can - almost every gun.
    I'm down with that so while I will not make the July deadline, I am trying to get one before our next POTUS takes office. I'll just have to buy the piston kit for my 2 hand guns and several muzzle adapters for my rifles but HECK YEAH!
    As for you situation where you own so many I figure buy the one that can be used on other guns now. It's never too late. Plus, the time is coming where they won't be allowed. Get 'em while you can.

If you are just getting one can, the Griffin Optimus is a good choice. It will handle .30cai, 9mm and rimfire .

http://www.griffinarmament.com/OPTIMUS-SILENCER-p/gaopt.htm

ELCAM

Dec 17, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    Thank you for all the comments so far. Changing my current suppressor from my 300blk to my 5.56 is not an issue as they both have AAC 51T brakes on them. The only issue is when I take them both to the range. I always have to wait until the suppressor cools down before swapping rifles (First world problem, I know.)
    I just don't want to regret not pulling the trigger. I have a trust, and can get it done now without the hassle of fingerprints etc. My wife thinks I should spend the money on ammo. Although I don't disagree with her and have enough to get me through the next year or two, purchasing more ammo is never a bad thing. Decisions, decisions...

Buy yourself a silicon glove (amazon sells them) for barbecuing, fire pits etc...

Mine can withstand 900 deg. you can't hold for 2 mins but def long enough to swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom