• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    Go for the ac43 all things being equal.
    The Ithaca 1911-A1 is most definitely refinished, unfortunately.
    As OMB said it should be a dull finish, they were never a polished blue.

I totally missed the Japanese Type 26.
    Used to be able to pick them up for a couple hundred, now they're more like $600 and up.
    Depending on the markings these can be pricey.
    If it's one of the "limited early production" that's $1200-2000.
    A lot of variables though in addition to marking, like matching parts (matched by assembly numbers), original finish & condition, etc.

Quickest way to check for original finish is that the hammer should be "fire blue" (or niter blue) which is pretty distinctive. Same with trigger but that's usually worn.
    It's a pretty crappy design but it has its place (like the Type 94).

Attachments

• t26.jpg
      t26.jpg
      40.7 KB · Views: 332

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I'm not going to go into a full three paragraph write up on these pistols but I will say that the Type B Nambu (a.k.a Baby Nambu) is quite valuable (as in over $4,000 and maybe even over $5,000) if it's as nice as it looks. I know he says he's not interested in selling but tell your buddy to be careful because some people who might see it WILL try to lowball your buddy. They'll offer 2K and act like they're doing him a favor.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I'm not going to go into a full three paragraph write up on these pistols but I will say that the Type B Nambu (a.k.a Baby Nambu) is quite valuable (as in over $4,000 and maybe even over $5,000) if it's as nice as it looks. I know he says he's not interested in selling but tell your buddy to be careful because some people who might see it WILL try to lowball your buddy. They'll offer 2K and act like they're doing him a favor.

You do know I was secretly hoping you would chime in, right? :D

Thanks for the info. I’ll have better pictures up tomorrow. Any insight you can offer is greatly appreciated.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Nice collection there. The two Nambu Type 14s he’s probably looking $500-700 ea., depending on if all numbered parts and the magazines match (and assuming they aren’t any rare variations). As mentioned, the baby Nambu could be several thousand +, especially if the magazine matches. The Mauser HSc looks like a later wartime variation (think I see a WaA135 waffenamt on the trigger guard), maybe $500-600 for that one as well, again assuming all parts match.

Jul 1, 2012
    The early small-trigger guard T-14 might be a little more. There's so many variations it's hard to keep track!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom