• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • This is a pretty big **** up.METERS is down, Meters its what the police agencys in the state use to access the NCIC to run background checks. I believe its also used to access MVA data. This isn't MSPs fault. The system is run by maryland dept of correctional services.

Duffys. Just posted on fb that they are not releasing handguns to people affected by this.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Shaner

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 13, 2019
    This is a pretty big **** up.METERS is down, Meters its what the police agencys in the state use to access the NCIC to run background checks. I believe its also used to access MVA data. This isn't MSPs fault. The system is run by maryland dept of correctional services.

Duffys. Just posted on fb that they are not releasing handguns to people affected by this.

Well, I will never give them my money. A right delayed is a right denied. And to VOLUNTARILY hold a firearm from transfer because the crown's own BS dog and pony show is broken, is ridiculous. And no gun store that does so will see my money.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    My 77R had taken more than 7 days, so I sent MSP an email and received this automated response.

I contacted my dealer who said that MSP gave no direction other than to say that all processing is delayed. Wanted to share in case there are others out there wondering why their 77R hasn't been approved yet. Womp womp.

So their Apple ][ finally died...

ETA:
    Having worked in a data center, even the low cost computing was backed up on three different racks. I suspect that this is not a hardware failure but a software failure.

I also found it strange that there isn't/was't a DR plan that wouldn't have already fixed the issue.

Lowest bidder. Probably an MGA legiscreature relative.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    First it was the State Obamacare website, then unemployment website and now this! I can hardly wait for the computer voting!

This state could F up a wet dream

Kaiju

Mar 2, 2013
    This is a pretty big **** up.METERS is down, Meters its what the police agencys in the state use to access the NCIC to run background checks. I believe its also used to access MVA data. This isn't MSPs fault. The system is run by maryland dept of correctional services.

Dang, that is pretty wild. Thanks for the extra info.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    After reading the thread on a consignment, Gymratz is out. Holding money for weeks? Won’t get my business

Consignment, I believe, is treated as a pawn sale in Maryland, so state law requires them to hold the money.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Consignment, I believe, is treated as a pawn sale in Maryland, so state law requires them to hold the money.

Was more than that if you find the thread. Seemed to be actively avoiding paying out consignment money.

And I believe they're required to hold the gun for some period, not money. Thus why United always lists their used guns with "good to sell" dates in their thread.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Dealers who hold regulated firearms longer than the 8th day based on this MSP "request" in their advisory should be promptly outed. IDGAF if their infringement machine is broken.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Was more than that if you find the thread. Seemed to be actively avoiding paying out consignment money.

And I believe they're required to hold the gun for some period, not money. Thus why United always lists their used guns with "good to sell" dates in their thread.

Yeah, I saw the thread link after I posted and read the hi points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom