I hope Dicks Sporting goods goes bankrupt!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I did once see some dude using the display free weights for his regular workout then leave in a Dick's. I hope someone wiped everything down. And I think I remember seeing the Ruger Precision rifle at Dick's last time but it could have been something else out of the corner of my eye. That sure looks big, scary, and assaulty. And of course they have the AR-7 which must be a real doozy if you look at the name.

MrsRab1515

Nov 27, 2017
    All over the dang state
    I remember laughing when they started putting massive cable locks on the Ruger Precision rifles in addition to the trigger locks they have on every gun after the Vegas shooting. Shame I'll be losing that bit of entertainment.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I do remember chatting to a saleswoman in Dick's though who did truly love guns and recommended becoming a designated collector. So hopefully everyone remembers to direct frustration not at those behind the counter with no say or influence what so ever in company policy. I wonder how many people would be confused if they saw a high profile crime committed with a wood furniture mini-14. If guns made of wood can turn on people then I don't know how we will be able to tell what is scary looking anymore.

JamesCanby

Apr 5, 2011
    Alexandria, VA
    No more Dick's for me

I have bought firearms, ammunition and other goods at Dick's in the past. Today will be my last visit there to max out a Dick's gift card I received at Christmas, probably just on ammunition. I will stop by the Manager's office to explain why I will no longer be a customer.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Ya know, the sad thing is they could probably give two ****s about the loss of our business. What they really want is the soccer moms and fitness freaks to spend money on their insanely overpriced apparel.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    adsfijhgnlziufsdaghfjassdtvlknuzshcljdkjvfmhulajsmdhrklyjKJSMHE,jlhydrvgdnakwljhsengdrbknihaflukzsdshvngkbrhcvkehfbslgneahricocgkunahfwxndnoitjhmdkejiosrukjtghckbsf

Just got into an argument with a flaming lib at work. He thinks it's okay to not sell a rifle to an 18,19, or 20 year old because its a business decision.
    Okay, I asked him how he would feel if the car dealership restricted sales to anyone under 60 because they didn't want the image of being an old people's vehicle. Ridiculous he says, that's apples and oranges. Actually it's not.
    It's funny, when I get into arguments with this guy I use actual facts and nearly every one of his points starts with "probably." as in speculation.

So I did him one better. What if the county restricted voting to 21+? His head exploded...

DirtyHarry45

Jun 8, 2013
    Their stuff is overpriced anyway. I think someone mentioned sports authority and how they went out of business, no doubt that Dick’s is headed down the same path

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The CEO in his interview stated he supports the 2A. What Bovine Excrement. That has become the standard line “I support the 2A but.....”

More of the "but" crowd.

"I support the military, but......."

"I support the police, but......"

"I support the 2A, but....."

I don't trust liberals and their buts. Or their Dick's either.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    They could have done this quietly but they did a press release for it and now the media has it on heavy rotation. These moves are not just pandering or protecting their corporate public image; this messaging reinforces in public opinion the idea that this sort of restriction should be put into law. They are working against us so vote with your wallet however you can.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Great business strategy, just before a potential uptick in sales.

Attachments

• mARch_15_buy_new_gun.jpg
      mARch_15_buy_new_gun.jpg
      31 KB · Views: 206

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    More of the "but" crowd.

"I support the military, but......."

"I support the police, but......"

"I support the 2A, but....."

I don't trust liberals and their buts. Or their Dick's either.

"I'm not a racist, but."

When someone hedges with "but" you know they're going to prove the first part of their statement wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom