• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I've had these in my storage bin for a very long time. One is Colt branded and the others are Okay Ind. I know Okay Industries made mags for Colt back in the day. These are all marked "Export Only". What do I have? Anything worth keeping/selling? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0087 (800x679).jpg
      IMG_0087 (800x679).jpg
      78.8 KB · Views: 534
    • IMG_0088 (600x800).jpg
      IMG_0088 (600x800).jpg
      87.1 KB · Views: 527

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nope, not worth a thing. Having said that I’ll be glad to take that junk off your hands. Where were you when I use to work in leesburg for 20 years? But really, I believe those are worth whatever a user/collector would pay. Nice to have matching “restricted” mags with a “restricted” marked Colt AR.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Nope, not worth a thing. Having said that I’ll be glad to take that junk off your hands. Where were you when I use to work in leesburg for 20 years? But really, I believe those are worth whatever a user/collector would pay. Nice to have matching “restricted” mags with a “restricted” marked Colt AR.

Sure, send me your address :lol:

Thanks. I'm thinking these are from the days of the Clinton ban.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Brand new they are going for around $15 each. How much they are worth in the used condition is up to the buyer. They are only worth what someone will pay ya for them. I'm guess if you want a quick sale, $10 each. If you want to try to get as much as you can, maybe $12-$13 each.

I've got a bunch of them too. If they were worth a lot, I'd pull them out of storage and sell a few of them.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ive got a bunch varying vintages/condition. Id say $20ish at a gunshow if you highlight the markings. Maybe $15 each quick sale depending on how good the molycoat is.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    At one level, anything with a Pony will be worth more than not .

Even if originally mfg for gov't market , 10yrs of production is a buncha magazines, so they won't ever be "rare" in the serious collector context .

But OTOH , let's make a comparison with Bicentennial Rugers . For close to 20yrs they were just plain 'ol Rugers , but the premium has been drifting upwards.

Also remember that up through the 1980's S&W Victory Models were worth significantly LESS than commercial M10's .

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Well, you're in VA so they're worth whatever used mags are worth in the normal world. If you were across the river here, they'd be priceless. Literally.

SF

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Fleabay, pointing out the historical significance, and you may get a couple of people willing to pay more than they are worth.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I’m going to keep them. I’ll load them up and take them out on my next range trip.

There was a time that we laughed at those new plastic mags. If it wasn't a USGI metal mag, it was cheap and unreliable.

My how things have changed.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I’m going to keep them. I’ll load them up and take them out on my next range trip.

Though they made a gazillion of them I would probably bag them and store them. Don't use oil it takes some of the molycoat off (been there).

Sure they are not worth anything today but who knows? Plus you have plenty of higher reliability mags available dirt cheap.

I have one I use on my 7615 and that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom