• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CursezZz

Jan 12, 2020
    Baltimore
    I posted in the wtb but it was suggested I crossspost here. Where the heck I can find a (what I’m told is a) PM Makarov. Online? And local shops lately?

Attachments

• 0950898E-8C0D-4D53-810B-4AD457590F26.jpg
      0950898E-8C0D-4D53-810B-4AD457590F26.jpg
      59.3 KB · Views: 518

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    They seem to be pretty available on line. Prices have gone up some in these trying times but they can still be found. Good luck

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I posted in the wtb but it was suggested I crossspost here. Where the heck I can find a (what I’m told is a) PM Makarov. Online? And local shops lately?

Why not do a search like everyone else? At the very least you can bookmark all the C & R vendors you find.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county

Where's the CZ82 in your pic?

They come up in the classifieds occasionally here.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    IIRC, some Bulgarian ones are up for sale on AIM/Classic/JGSales of recent.

I have to laugh at that picture. The resemblance of Makarov grips to a certain male anatomical part is well known. I just noticed that the Chinese version is a bit different in what would be considered a rude and stereotypical way these days.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Where's the CZ82 in your pic?

They come up in the classifieds occasionally here.

That’s not a Makarov. It shoots 9x18 Makarov. But it is not a Makarov.

I like it more than a Makarov. But it ain’t one.

CursezZz

Jan 12, 2020
    Baltimore
    I did a bit of searching and most posts are older. This forums isn’t incredibly active for the things that interest me sometimes. And I’ve learned a few places from my searches
    Why not do a search like everyone else? At the very least you can bookmark all the C & R vendors you find.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Then there's the Russian Makarovs that don't shoot the 9x18 Makarov, using instead the 380 (9x17) (9mm kurz). Are they Makarovs?

Hungarian FEG? Polish P64? They shoot the 9x18, but aren't Makarovs either.

Some idiot on GB is selling a FEG Makarov P61, made in Budapest, East Germany.

You can find what you want online easier than locally, but you have to know what it is that you want, first; and second, be sure that the seller knows what he has.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    I did a bit of searching and most posts are older. This forums isn’t incredibly active for the things that interest me sometimes. And I’ve learned a few places from my searches

GOOGLE search. Cantstop already did one for you to start

Everything can be found on the internet

Hecktor Peabody

Boris Badinov
    Aug 22, 2018
    Southeastern PA
    Then there's the Russian Makarovs that don't shoot the 9x18 Makarov, using instead the 380 (9x17) (9mm kurz). Are they Makarovs?

They're made by Baikal. Technically they are model designated IJ-70-- but I think they are Makarov copies except for the addition of an adjustable rear sight. I don't know if parts are interchangeable

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Really wished I had picked up one of these when they were still readily available a few years ago.

They're still readily available. You just need to plunk down the cash equivalent of 1 case of 9mm Luger 115gr FMJ ammo. ;)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    They're still readily available. You just need to plunk down the cash equivalent of 1 case of 9mm Luger 115gr FMJ ammo. ;)

Anyone want to trade for a Russian Makarov? I have a case of 115gr FMJ 9mm....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom