• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Even if such a tax gets defeated at the federal level watch out for such mischief at the state level. The desire to restrict and ban guns and ammunition is insatiable to gun banners...by any means necessary. Look for more of this in the next session of the MGA.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Even if such a tax gets defeated at the federal level watch out for such mischief at the state level. The desire to restrict and ban guns and ammunition is insatiable to gun banners...by any means necessary. Look for more of this in the next session of the MGA.

This ^^^^^
    Everytown and like-minded groups have decided that there's more bang for the buck at the state level.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    How many times have we said that only to watch precedent get set against us? Let's just keep saying it and hang our heads on the courts.

Because the laws they get are just a "little bad". Let them go for broke and get shut down hard. This proposal should do it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Badger1

MDS Supporter
    Jun 21, 2017
    Pelosi won't be able to get the bill out of the House. With her slim majority, Gun Control like Defund the Police is too far left for the Blue Dog Democrats. She won't have the votes.

Plus, she may not be the Speaker if the GOP support one of her rivals or for a good joke, Vote AOC.

Oh hell no. She would be third in line behind Chlamydia Harris.

That would be really scary!

Is there a moderate Dem that might challenge Pelosi?

And how many of you would be first in line to comply...Jesus Christ...grow a set or give them up...OH I know..."I lost my guns in a boating accident"...

Your support of the 2nd amendment means you support the reason it was written into the constitution and we all know it wasn't for hunting...If you are unwilling to fight for your right to keep and bear arms then you by definition do NOT support the 2A.

I will be keeping my firearms, not paying the crown for the right to own them and taking the fight to those who would impose such tyranny..

I say bring it on!

This will get killed in the courts fast and finally set some precedent.

You do realize that the SCOTUS has ruled against the 2A or refused to hear cases over twice as oftn as they have ruled for it right? Anyone who has faith that the SCOTUS will uphold the 2nd amendment is a fool. The attacks on your freedom will continue until one of 2 things happen

1) the SCOTUS finally says the 2A means what it says...which will never happen...and so there will always be "hidden" regulation where there should be none

2) Patriots push the reset button on the entire government and win back our 2A rights using the 4th box of liberty...

there is no other way around it. our rights have been under attack by the left for decades and as we sit back and do nothing they exploit our lack of action...Gun Control will always be an issue until the gun grabbers are dealt with in the manner our founders provided for us...

OR we can just concede now and let the government control us from cradle to grave...there is no gray area..

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    There's already some precedent for taxing firearms. There's been a Federal Excise Tax on new firearms and ammunition since 1918 and since the 1930s earmarked for conservation purposes. It's not a court precedent but it's been in place for many years without argument...any proposed tax increase would be amending that law.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    You do realize that the SCOTUS has ruled against the 2A or refused to hear cases over twice as oftn as they have ruled for it right? Anyone who has faith that the SCOTUS will uphold the 2nd amendment is a fool. The attacks on your freedom will continue until one of 2 things happen

1) the SCOTUS finally says the 2A means what it says...which will never happen...and so there will always be "hidden" regulation where there should be none

2) Patriots push the reset button on the entire government and win back our 2A rights using the 4th box of liberty...

there is no other way around it. our rights have been under attack by the left for decades and as we sit back and do nothing they exploit our lack of action...Gun Control will always be an issue until the gun grabbers are dealt with in the manner our founders provided for us...

OR we can just concede now and let the government control us from cradle to grave...there is no gray area..

You’ve mentioned this a million times. Get to it already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    There's already some precedent for taxing firearms. There's been a Federal Excise Tax on new firearms and ammunition since 1918 and since the 1930s earmarked for conservation purposes. It's not a court precedent but it's been in place for many years without argument...any proposed tax increase would be amending that law.

Pittman Robertson. It's an 11% tax on firearms, ammunition and archery equipment. It has netted almost 19 billion dollars in allocations to the states for wildlife conservation since the late 1930's.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Pittman Robertson. It's an 11% tax on firearms, ammunition and archery equipment. It has netted almost 19 billion dollars in allocations to the states for wildlife conservation since the late 1930's.

And during the '90s the Clinton Administration redirected those funds elsewhere in violation of the law. Those funds are earmarked by statute for conservation...and the Dems got away with it. But the Dems can do such things...no one cared or did anything about it.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    And during the '90s the Clinton Administration redirected those funds elsewhere in violation of the law. Those funds are earmarked by statute for conservation...and the Dems got away with it. But the Dems can do such things...no one cared or did anything about it.

Right you are sir! Got me to looking as I had no idea that this corruption had transpired. Not that it would likely surprise many I'm sure. Anyway, Thanks for the education!

The story of Clinton/Gore era abuse mentioned by TheOriginalMexicanBob above, for anyone else who may be interested.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20001224/betrayal-of-trust-parts-i-and-ii

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    If things get really bad we could always just move to Baltimore and do whatever we want with our firearms. Hell, no one seems to get locked up for breaking any firearm law there.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Send money to Loeffler and Purdue.
    Exactly and anyone who doesn't and postures about a civil war is just ducking their responsibility.
    I say bring it on! This will get killed in the courts fast and finally set some precedent..
    If the Dems take the Georgia seats, and they may well, then SCOTUS packing will be first order of business, and by the time this gets to courts we will lose (as we will lose every case and also see the core pro-2A arts of Heller reversed.

The vaccines developed under Trump mean the second, third and fourth quarters of 2021, and probably 2022 are going to see the greatest economic rebound in US history and Biden will get all the credit and easily have the pollical capital to pack the court.

And how many of you would be first in line to comply...Jesus Christ...grow a set or give them up...OH I know..."I lost my guns in a boating accident"...

Your support of the 2nd amendment means you support the reason it was written into the constitution and we all know it wasn't for hunting...If you are unwilling to fight for your right to keep and bear arms then you by definition do NOT support the 2A.
    Friend we are all on the same side here, but lets discuss practicalities. They are all that matters.
    One could also assert that if you are not sending money down to Georgia you are not a supporter of the 2A. That is "fighting for" the 2A.

Again I agree with some of your motivating sentiment. But I don't agree that any relevant number of gun owners are going to commit felonies and even less are going to engage is some kind of "reset" outside of the legal means. I won't.

What happens next, and I think with very long term deep impact, depends in Georgia, how many gun owners care enough to send funds to the GOP candidates there, how many people support NRA and other sober pro-2A groups.

The number of guys I know who say "Molon Labe" but do not know who their state assembly rep is, and therefore who I know is not actually doing anything in support of the 2A, stuns me.

let's all agree to roll up our selves and do the pollical work at the political level, since I promise you anything else is a meaningless echo chamber of chest puffing and diversion and harm from what works

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom