• 369C6182-508E-4CB4-BF8A-E9FEF32AEA58.jpg
      369C6182-508E-4CB4-BF8A-E9FEF32AEA58.jpg
      94.9 KB · Views: 530

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    The fact that the Nats parade ends a block away will actually help raise visibility. The event itself is nothing unusual by DC standards.

I was (unrealistically) thinking that more exposure (other than MDS postings) could lead to more attendees.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    Is there any truth about the SSRI drugs?

Speaker stated that most of the recent school Shooters were on it, and aggression is a known side effect. I know it was brought up on here, but I forget.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Is there any truth about the SSRI drugs?

Speaker stated that most of the recent school Shooters were on it, and aggression is a known side effect. I know it was brought up on here, but I forget.

Probably less problematic than steroids.

Many people are taking these SSRI drugs, the vast majority do not go on killing sprees, and their lives are significantly improved. For the rest, how many of these folks exhibited signs of dangerous/deranged behavior before escalating? I'd suspect most of them. Perhaps patients and those in close contact (parents/family) should be encouraged to monitor for behavioral issues?

Banning an entire class of useful medications because of a very small incidence of extreme behavior issues is not going to happen, nor should it.

IMO, of course.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Wow

Probably less problematic than steroids.

Many people are taking these SSRI drugs, the vast majority do not go on killing sprees, and their lives are significantly improved. For the rest, how many of these folks exhibited signs of dangerous/deranged behavior before escalating? I'd suspect most of them. Perhaps patients and those in close contact (parents/family) should be encouraged to monitor for behavioral issues?

Banning an entire class of useful medications because of a very small incidence of extreme behavior issues is not going to happen, nor should it.

IMO, of course.

Last lines you wrote can be replaced with assault weapons yet they be trying to ban

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Last lines you wrote can be replaced with assault weapons yet they be trying to ban

Yeah; I've noticed a tendency on all sides toward banning things they're afraid of, whether or not the fear is based on reality.

Liberty can be scary. Personal responsibility can be hard. The alternative is slavery, actual or virtual.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I'm a frequent rider as well, so I share your pain.

Metro will definitely be on a weekend schedule, I thought there was a game 7 for some reason.

Hoping for a Mrs. Beo's speedy recovery.

Many thanks. Accompanying her to the surgery won me a nice, big chest and head cold. And I'm scheduled to go in for my labs Monday afternoon. I'd planned to get a flu shot at the same time. Can't win...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom