• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Southern Ohio Gun has IMI (Israeli) .30 Carbine ammo on sale.

1,000 rounds for $339.00

I've shot lots of IMI. Good stuff. Cuzz the Israeli's don't make bad stuff.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Not to disagree, but I have read a lot of concerns with their 7.62x51 M80. Poppped primers, primers not seated deep enough. Also their M80 is also loaded kind of light and heavy, well some of it. 150gr and only about 2650fps. They also have surplus m80 which is loaded to about the same velocity.

That said, I like their .223 and 5.56. Like a lot. They are all loaded on the hit side and they are all really accurate. So I just ordered a 50 round box of IMI m80 from Midway because I was going to order some other stuff and they had it on sale. I figured why not. If it checks out I might order some more from SGAmmo. I certainly plan to order some 168 and 175gr OTM from them as they have it fairly cheap compared to GMM and they also load those cartirdges hot (like 2630fps in the 175gr from a 22" barrel).

Also that said, I have heard nothing bad on their .30 carbine ammo, price is decent and I've had wild success with everything of their's I've actually tried (like sub-MOA with m855)

paperwork351

no error code for stupid
    Mar 7, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    I followed that IMI primer thread on the M14 forum and it had issues with the m1a's. No problems with the HK/Fal rifles. I would like to know how it acts with your rifle since I haven't tested with mine. I think it was a 2013 headstamp.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I followed that IMI primer thread on the M14 forum and it had issues with the m1a's. No problems with the HK/Fal rifles. I would like to know how it acts with your rifle since I haven't tested with mine. I think it was a 2013 headstamp.

I'll try to remember to make a thread about it. I'll be using it in my Sako Forester chambered in .308. Probably won't be able to get to the range for a few weeks, but I am hoping I can test it out then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom