• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rohankmalik

Nov 26, 2016
    I'm open to things that aren't Glock but it's one of those, "if I find it, I'll buy it" sort of situations. They go for nearly $500 new so it isn't a huge deal breaker if I can't find used. The only issue getting it out of MD forces me to pay for FFL fee, shipping, and taxes on it as well.

I have a couple of bolt actions with scopes that I plan on selling/trading in to put towards a new handgun. I'll call around tonight.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    It's a shame Lou is gone, Shooters Discount was the ultimate in good used firearm deals.

I would second 2A Sales or Duffy's.

rohankmalik

Nov 26, 2016
    I called a bunch of places this morning. I just realized it would suck to drive 2 hours and not get close to what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know of any place within 30 minutes around Frederick that isn't Gun Runners? I'm heading to Hafer's now but I'm hoping to have a backup.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I called a bunch of places this morning. I just realized it would suck to drive 2 hours and not get close to what I'm looking for.

Does anyone know of any place within 30 minutes around Frederick that isn't Gun Runners? I'm heading to Hafer's now but I'm hoping to have a backup.

A piece of advice for you. Stay out of The Gun Center at Rosemont and Military. Overpriced like a SOB.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Check on SLICK DEALS.COM from time to time & BUDS.COM for some good deals. Also AIMSURPLUS has a few great deals from timt to time. Good hunt5ing....you can also give out or boffer spiffs: Spiff= vofferring an employee at a gun shop to turn yhou ointo someone contemplating but not yet decided on a consignment sale. Shop chaRGES 20%, so offer clerk $30-$40 just to turn you onto the guy selling and make him a offer reflecting him getting better than 20% but still saving you money. All 3 of ya's win :-)

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Might also look into acquiring a C & R licencse. Gun has to be over 50 yrs old, but hell, there are plenty of great deals on pistols that shoot great or can be rebuilt easily ( 1911 & Hi Power ) get the whole package, out of state, mailed straight to your front door, so, no expensive transfer fee's and get a decent piece for anywhere from $235 to $600. Lots and lots to choose from in that range.

rohankmalik

Nov 26, 2016
    I ended up buying a M&P9 from Hafer's. Prices were so-so but that customer service was top notch. Well worth paying a bit more for. I'll order my Glock online.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Many fine choices mentioned, but I'd like to throw South Mountain Arms in Keedysville into the mix as well. Jim(Copper on MDS) & Katrina are good peoples, and they tend to do most of the Maryland shows, including Fredneck's. I've both bought and sold through them, and they carry a decent selection at good prices for a small upcoming shop. --JB

Two places in Mt. Airy are worth a call or a look. Gun Shack on main street and Shooters Discount on Center Street.
    Used Glocks seem to hold their value really well, Generally in our shop a Glock that cost $500 + New, will bring $400 to $450 used. 19's are still the best selling model and don't last long when they hit the used case. We do sell a lot of Glocks.
    But were in Fla. Most of our used guns are generally much less expensive down here, they are so plentiful and there aren't any restrictions on any models or magazine capacity. So people don't hold onto something down here that they would up there because they can always buy another one. In Md. if someone has a gun that was grandfathered in pre 2013 they are probably hesitant on letting go of it because they can't buy or find another one. So I imagine that would drive the price up on it.
    Good luck hope you find your Glock.:)

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Two places in Mt. Airy are worth a call or a look. Gun Shack on main street and Shooters Discount on Center Street.
    Used Glocks seem to hold their value really well, Generally in our shop a Glock that cost $500 + New, will bring $400 to $450 used. 19's are still the best selling model and don't last long when they hit the used case. We do sell a lot of Glocks.
    But were in Fla. Most of our used guns are generally much less expensive down here, they are so plentiful and there aren't any restrictions on any models or magazine capacity. So people don't hold onto something down here that they would up there because they can always buy another one. In Md. if someone has a gun that was grandfathered in pre 2013 they are probably hesitant on letting go of it because they can't buy or find another one. So I imagine that would drive the price up on it.
    Good luck hope you find your Glock.:)

Sorry to report - shooters discount closed when Lou passed away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pen

Sep 15, 2015
    Carroll county
    Is there any place within an hour or so of Frederick that has fair and reasonable prices on used guns? Both of the Famous Pawn Broker shops in Frederick are asking for almost as much as new for many of their weapons with low motivation to budge much on price. I'm not going to risk getting a faulty shotgun to only save $20. I'd love it if the place also sold hand guns but I'm not picky.

Lock Stock and Barrel has a good inventory of used guns, They are in Taneytown. Give Scott or Debbie a call to see what they have in stock. 410-756-5625

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Many fine choices mentioned, but I'd like to throw South Mountain Arms in Keedysville into the mix as well. Jim(Copper on MDS) & Katrina are good peoples, and they tend to do most of the Maryland shows, including Fredneck's. I've both bought and sold through them, and they carry a decent selection at good prices for a small upcoming shop. --JB

I also recommend this shop, I have both bought firearms from and completed transfers thru them. they are also a great source for AR parts and know how. Jim and Katrina are great people to work with for your firearm needs. They said that they are working on becoming an IP, so our business will help them achieve that.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Lock Stock and Barrel has a good inventory of used guns, They are in Taneytown. Give Scott or Debbie a call to see what they have in stock. 410-756-5625
    Yes try them out they are a great young honest conservative couple.
    I miss talking to and dealing with them.
    It's one of those places where we would stop in and just visit, they are that nice.
    We lived in Rocky Ridge then, so it was just a few minute ride for us.
    I guess their shop is still in with the wood working shop ?
    You never know what they will have in their used inventory. Great place
    I don't know if anyone mentioned this one, but if your going up Route 15 anyway toward Tanneytown you might want to check out State Line Gun Shop in Emmitsburg. They had some odd hours so check if their going to be open before you go. And it's right up the street from the Ott House Restaurant. Yum Good wings !

rohankmalik

Nov 26, 2016
    United Gun Shop in Rockville. It's off Randolph road. Shouldn't take you an hour. They have a large consignment section that has gotten me in trouble before, lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have to make a trip to Guitar Center. I may stop by here.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    It's a shame Lou is gone, Shooters Discount was the ultimate in good used firearm deals.

I would second 2A Sales or Duffy's.

I'm still wondering where I'll get $350 Glocks now... I did happen upon a $250 PX4 Storm at A1 uniform though... I just don't feel quite as humored walkin out as I once did with ole Lou. :sad20:

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    I have to make a trip to Guitar Center. I may stop by here.

Guitar Center AND United in one trip!?! I weep for your wallet! I could easily spend just as much at either! They are extremely close to each other btw. Literally right up the road. About to burn up some gun funds on gettin my kid edumacated there on playin guitar. While you're in the area, you may as well hit Engage Armament as well. <insert even more weeping> Good luck! --JB

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    I live in Hagerstown, Hafers is prob your best bet. Or south mountain arms. They don't stock much but just call them and tell them what you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom