• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rohankmalik

Nov 26, 2016
    Is there any place within an hour or so of Frederick that has fair and reasonable prices on used guns? Both of the Famous Pawn Broker shops in Frederick are asking for almost as much as new for many of their weapons with low motivation to budge much on price. I'm not going to risk getting a faulty shotgun to only save $20. I'd love it if the place also sold hand guns but I'm not picky.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Is there any place within an hour or so of Frederick that has fair and reasonable prices on used guns? Both of the Famous Pawn Broker shops in Frederick are asking for almost as much as new for many of their weapons with low motivation to budge much on price. I'm not going to risk getting a faulty shotgun to only save $20. I'd love it if the place also sold hand guns but I'm not picky.

The first place I would try is Hafer's on the west side of Hagerstown.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    +1 for Hafer's. South Carroll Sporting Goods in Woodbine. There's Gunrunners on East Patrick Street but he usually doesn't have much inventory.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Would also suggest giving Duffy's in Sparks a call. Will also mention Gun Bunker in Shrewsbury, PA is an IP as well and has tons of used guns including a lot of shotguns.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I'll take a look! I hope they have an online inventory.

I buy the majority of my ammo from there. There used gun selection is lacking. I'm really looking for a Glock 19 or something relatively similar.
    On the edge of your hour drive you have 2A Sales & Supplies, A-1, Tyler Firearms, and Baltimore's Best Pawn. All IP's, all with a good selection of used guns. You will have a hard time finding anyone selling a used Glock 19. Even guys that don't particularly care for Glock's don't tend to let go of that particular model.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    +1 for Hafer's. South Carroll Sporting Goods in Woodbine. There's Gunrunners on East Patrick Street but he usually doesn't have much inventory.

I second the suggestion to go to SCSG. Give Brian a call and he will take care of you. I know he has Glocks in from time to time. It is also an easy drive from Frederick to Woodbine.

Cal68

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    A1Uniform has a decent selection of used handguns. They also currently have 3-4 really nice 870 police trade ins and more beretta PX4s (trade ins .40 cal) then you can shake a stick at for EXCELLET prices!!! I've got two revolvers on consignment with them currently.

United in Rockville also does have a great used selection but I can say I've only been there once.

Last edited:

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Washington Street Pawn Shop in Hagerstown. I have seen some clean guns in that place for great prices. They will definitely entertain offers so take a shot.

Got a great deal on a nice Mossberg 500 with two barrels at that place.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD

United Gun shop in Rockville usually has a good selection of used guns. They are an IP here and if you check out their page here they list consignment guns fairly often. https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=208

The el Jefe de United is a Glock fan boy I think he has a FDE G19 as his cyborg implant, he'll take care of you.

and the Guys at Engage seem to have a few Gen 2-4 glocks of different species there in the case at all times.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    South Carroll Sporting Goods in woodbine is good to go. Right now they have some SWEET 870 Police Magnums for $295

Good deals can be had at Cole Brothers Pawn shop in downtown Fredneck as well, but 19 out of 20 times their gun inventory sucks. The good stuff must sell fast there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom