• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Sweet - now order some goodies for it!

I got one a few weeks ago, but it's got a welded trigger pack, so I'm getting in line on CZ's web site for their free replacement non-welded trigger pack.

Suggestions: Order HBI's charging handle (much easier reach) and their AK-style safety selector. I'm left-handed, so I got the selector for the left side, and moved the charging handle to the right. Feels so much better now, can't wait to take it to the range!

-John

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    I was almost sure I was going to get one but I chance on a Browning Hi Power Practical that I just couldn't refuse. I'll still get one probably middle of next year. I actually have already bought a red dot sight for it.

Cicirich

Feb 10, 2013

I got one a few weeks ago, but it's got a welded trigger pack, so I'm getting in line on CZ's web site for their free replacement non-welded trigger pack.

Suggestions: Order HBI's charging handle (much easier reach) and their AK-style safety selector. I'm left-handed, so I got the selector for the left side, and moved the charging handle to the right. Feels so much better now, can't wait to take it to the range!

-John

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm left handed also and didn't know I could move the charging handle. Moving it to the right would be sweet.

Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    Look at the Holosun 510C

What optics are everybody using?

I put the new Holosun 510C on my SBRed pistol and it's pretty sweet if you're looking for a reflex sight.
    I can put a 3X magnifier behind it too to help my old weary eyes :)
    If you haven't joined yet, check out the CZ Scorpion enthusiast FB page. Lots of good info and experience to take advantage of.
    Also, in regards to the welded trigger pack, skip trying to send it back to CZ. Will take forever. Watch the HB Industries video on drilling it out yourself that takes maybe 10-15 minutes top.

Attachments

• IMG_0184.jpg
      IMG_0184.jpg
      90.4 KB · Views: 1,615
    • IMG_0185.jpg
      IMG_0185.jpg
      90.7 KB · Views: 2,045

sigsig

Sep 18, 2014

-John

I put myself on the list two months ago and I decided to drill it out myself this weekend. Bought a five dollar carbide drill bit at lowes and was able to drill it out in 15min. Also, I was able to drill out my brother's too.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    I put the new Holosun 510C on my SBRed pistol and it's pretty sweet if you're looking for a reflex sight.
    I can put a 3X magnifier behind it too to help my old weary eyes :)
    If you haven't joined yet, check out the CZ Scorpion enthusiast FB page. Lots of good info and experience to take advantage of.
    Also, in regards to the welded trigger pack, skip trying to send it back to CZ. Will take forever. Watch the HB Industries video on drilling it out yourself that takes maybe 10-15 minutes top.

Sweet-looking paint job! What'd you paint that sucker with?

To the others who have drilled out their own trigger pack, is anyone close to Central MD? I could use a bit of help, having never done anything like that before.

-John

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    I run a trijicon mro on mine, very accurate pcc!

To the poster above me: all you need is a vice to hold the lower and slowly drill the weld until it breaks free. I suggest ordering the hardware replacement kit from HBI as many of us end up with stripped screws etc. most any drill bit will work.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Thx - it's Cerakote

You're welcome!

To the poster above you: I don't own a vice :(

For future reference, the grip on the Scorpion is adjustable fore-aft. Found this out when the bolt that holds it in place got loose at the range today. Oops.

Found the reference in the owner's manual, pretty neat feature! Now to find my Loctite...

-John

20ravens52

Mar 21, 2016
    Long Green
    I mounted a Bushnell red dot and I shoot at a 6 inch plate at 100 yards.
    Very accurate 9MM.

TRS25. This thing is a tack driver. Love to shoot it!

I'll third this.

The TRS-25 coincides perfectly with the front iron sight and is a pleasure to shoot. I've also got a Magpul angled foregrip on it for added comfort.

Only other modification I'm considering is the Trigger spring kit to less the trigger lbs, but its really not that bad IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom