Is their a page like MD Shooters for people in DE?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Hi
    This page has such a ton of info when it comes to weapons info and everything in between. Is their a web sight like this for people who live in the First State?
    Just wondering. Will be moving their in about 2 or 3 yrs when my wife retires from 30yrs at NOAA.
    Thanks
    Doug:D

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    You found it. This is the Delaware specific page on MDshooters.

Just kidding, I know what you are asking; unfortunately I don't know of one. You could start your own, or populate this sub-forum with DE specific info?

DE is 'May issue', but I hear they are pretty good about it; unlike Maryland.

HauptsAriba

Feb 16, 2014
    Anne Arundel
    You found it. This is the Delaware specific page on MDshooters.

Just kidding, I know what you are asking; unfortunately I don't know of one. You could start your own, or populate this sub-forum with DE specific info?

DE is 'May issue', but I hear they are pretty good about it; unlike Maryland.
    Delaware is what is known as ( permissive ) may issue. Meaning, they pretty much issue unless they have a good reason NOT to. MD is restrictive May issue. We already know what that means. Also, open carry is the law of the land in DE. There was even a recent State Supreme Court case where it was reinforced as such so, open carry ain't going away in DE. The only issues are one or two towns that passed laws before the States preemption laws were in effect ( or something like that ) and it seems that to open carry in the City of Dover you must have a LTC. just a few odd rules here and there, but DRAMATICALLY better than MD in regards to carrying a firearm. The NFA laws are weird. No full auto, no suppressors but SBR's and SBS are ok.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    One of Delaware's flaws is that it can take up to 5 months at times to get your conceal carry permit. Part of the process is that you need 5 references from people in your county and must post an ad in the paper which includes your address stating that you are applying. As far as OC in Dover, you don't need the permit but at one time needed to get "permission" from the Chief of Police by writing a letter. This apparently has since been dropped by the current Chief.
    The good news is that there are no "list of handguns" that can't be owned. No firearms need to be registered. There currently are no "high capacity" mag restrictions...and there is no sales tax..

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    One of Delaware's flaws is that it can take up to 5 months at times to get your conceal carry permit. Part of the process is that you need 5 references from people in your county and must post an ad in the paper which includes your address stating that you are applying. As far as OC in Dover, you don't need the permit but at one time needed to get "permission" from the Chief of Police by writing a letter. This apparently has since been dropped by the current Chief.
    The good news is that there are no "list of handguns" that can't be owned. No firearms need to be registered. There currently are no "high capacity" mag restrictions...and there is no sales tax..

Plenty of "handguns" that can't be owned. Pretty much anything that is NFA is banned (excluding SBR and AOW if you can get a dealer to do it).

Still recommend you get the letter. Who keeps up with who is the current chief? Not worth the risk.

My father got his in (hand) 8 days from the time he had his requirements in (Sussex Co). The further north you go the longer it takes.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Plenty of "handguns" that can't be owned. Pretty much anything that is NFA is banned (excluding SBR and AOW if you can get a dealer to do it).

Still recommend you get the letter. Who keeps up with who is the current chief? Not worth the risk.

My father got his in (hand) 8 days from the time he had his requirements in (Sussex Co). The further north you go the longer it takes.

Actually, it's not just the Chief. The law has been amended. I don't think the Chief is interested in issuing the letters any longer. As far as the NFA bands, OK...ya got me there.

Here is the post concerning Dover. http://www.deloc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=10732

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

why is this?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    why is this?

The permits are issued by the county courts in DE.

Think of it like this:

Sussex County (South)- Conservative - (Eastern Shore/W MD/HarCo/Cecil)
    Kent County (Mid State) - Somewhat Conservative - (AACo/Balt Co/HoCo)
    New Castle (North) - Liberal - (PG/MC/Balt City)

There is no mandated turn around time that I am aware of. The further north you go in DE the more of a game it is.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

Think of it like this:

There is no mandated turn around time that I am aware of. The further north you go in DE the more of a game it is.
    Exactly what I was shooting for in my quoted post below.:thumbsup:
    I don't know that there is an explanation other than the fact that it's law. Not sure Wilmington has anything to do with itas it's been on the books for quite some time.

I'm guessing Wilmington.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware

Think of it like this:

I think the demographics aren't quite exact as far as counties go. New Castle County reaches all the way to just north of Smyrna and every thing below the canal is fairly rural...other than Middletown which is growing leaps and bounds. City of Wilmington population has been decreasing over the years and is somewhere around 72000 at the moment. All of New Castle County is at 550,000 but I'm not sure if that includes Wilmington or not. I would have to argue that NCC is not nearly as Liberal as PG/MC/B'more. We do have a few state reps that are Republican and have been for many years. However, the Dems do control both houses. Also, I was trying to find info on SBRs and I'm not quite sure they are illegal here. I've seen a few posts on other forums where some members had rolled their own. Probably requires a bit more research.

EDIT: just as an add for comparison, Kent County sits at about 170000 and Sussex at 206000.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    they must be different style democrats there then because I never hear of crazy anti gun bills in DE

2015 DE GA Session
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=168764

I haven't started a thread for 2016 yet.

There is a guy running for Congressman John Carney's seat. He's running on banning "Assault Weapons" and "High Capacity Magazine Clips" (not my words). http://www.delawareonline.com/story...itics/2016/04/07/barney-gun-control/82739120/

Believe me, there's plenty of stupid here. It just lags a year or two behind MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom